Is the story of Adam and Even real...or allegory?

Chumly

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:09 pm
Beautiful!
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:31 pm
Eorl.. Somebody says Adam and Eve has a lot of twins.. All twins are male and female and they marry other twins.. I m not so so sure..
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:41 pm
I guess that means the story of Adam and Eve cannot be real. Huh. Who da thought.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:46 pm
I explored internet and found that Islamic resources support that I wrote.. They say for only one generation brothers and sisters married.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 08:02 pm
Yeah I know Kev.

Apparently, Adam and Eve had perfect genes and so did all the kids. Then god cursed everything, tinkered with the gene pool a bit and then banned the genetically modified versions from boffing their siblings from Moses time onwards. There you go, another neat little rationalization that will help to banish our silly questions and evil doubts.

Source: biblestudymanuals.net/descendants
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 08:24 pm
Eorl wrote:
Yeah I know Kev.

Apparently, Adam and Eve had perfect genes and so did all the kids. Then god cursed everything, tinkered with the gene pool a bit and then banned the genetically modified versions from boffing their siblings from Moses time onwards. There you go, another neat little rationalization that will help to banish our silly questions and evil doubts.

Source: biblestudymanuals.net/descendants
Essentially true, Eorl; except that the degradation of the gene pool was from within.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 01:18 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Heph...since you have responded to so many other posts...I hope you take time to respond to my last response to you.

oops... umm just saw this... sorry... what post was that? Let me see if I can find it... eek
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 01:44 pm
Frank Wrote:

Quote:
What arguments???

All he has done is to assert that it is impossible for people who think there is a hell...to be right.

Truly I am not understanding you if you think anything other than that.

He has presented absolutely no arguments other than that the cult to which he belongs finds no evidence for a hell in the Bible.

Certainly, other groups do see evidence in the Bible for a hell.

You are right. I was looking at this... well... I don't know what the heck I was doing. I didn't mean the word "arguments" as it was taken, though I can see why it was taken that way. I was just trying to indicate his assertion without wording it quite right. Sorry about that.

Well, here's the thing Frank. People find so called "evidence" in the bible for all kinds of crap as well. I do believe there is a hell. I do believe the new testament. However, there are many who discount it entirely. I have absolutely no clue at this point where neo stands on any of that, because this assertion alone seems contrary to what the new testament teaches. I need to catch up on this thread.

I needed to step back from debating for a few days and clear my head on some things that have been happening on the home front. Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you.

Frank Wrote:

Quote:
Neo made several statements leading up to the "Well they cannot be right"...so the discussion WAS ongoing.

LOL once again you are right. I stuck my nose in at the wrong time I think.

Frank Wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
So to sum it all up I was presenting an opportunity to you to present the other side of the argument if you feel neo is quite possibly so wrong.

Of what? I am truly at a loss here.

Cite the argument you want me to challenge...and I will recap my position. But I honestly do not know what "argument" you are talking about.

The last time Neo and I talked...it was about his assertion that people who think differently from him about what happens after death...CANNOT BE RIGHT.

Ummmm.... Well... I think it's kind of a mute point by now. Though I won't know for sure until I see where this conversation has gone. I think quite possibly it was just me misunderstanding a few things.

I hope this is the post you were refereing to. If not, just redirect me and I'll answer any other questions or things I may have missed. Thanks for being so patient with me.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 02:14 pm
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 02:34 pm
Hi coluber2001,

If I might add: given that there are over 5,000 different manuscripts of the New Testament as per different scribe's rewritings, and you then add a slew of literalist interpretations, and then add on heaps of metaphors in a manner that suits one's perception, what you have left is a vague tome open to interpretation as one sees fit.

I have no problem with this in essence, as long as there is freedom of religion and freedom from religion and all people are treated equally all the time. That is not always the case however, and the story of Adam and Even has a history of leveraging problems.

I am not saying anything new, but what the hell!
0 Replies