Is the story of Adam and Even real...or allegory?

echi

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 12:16 am
Oh, yeah? Well it would be against my will, dude.
But thanks... I appreciate the thought.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 12:18 am
Wait... I mean, NO. It's a disgusting thought... Gettin' ram-jacked by a Satanist... ouch.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 12:19 am
Wink
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 12:29 am
very awkward
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 12:35 am
echi,

Sorry, you're on your own on this one!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 01:29 am
echi wrote:
How come no one ever asks me a question? I have expert knowledge, too, ya' know.
It's the name, it sounds like icky Exclamation
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:24 am
Doktor S wrote:
echi wrote:
How come no one ever asks me a question? I have expert knowledge, too, ya' know. Am I not enough of a bad boy for you ladies? Am I too stiff?

Whatever. I don't care.

If I were gay i'd totally do you, you big throbbing hunk of man meat.

I, however, am gay but I don't know you. It would be rude to do something like that to someone I don't know and by extension love (in that kind of way).

Chumly wrote:
It's the name, it sounds like icky Exclamation

It also sounds like the Japanese word, ecchi, which means indecent or lewd.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 07:10 am
echi wrote:
How come no one ever asks me a question? I have expert knowledge, too, ya' know. Am I not enough of a bad boy for you ladies? Am I too stiff?

Whatever. I don't care.

So tell me, echi...how are things these days?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 08:14 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Ok, Neo, would you explain what free will is (I know you've done it before) but, can you give the abridged version?
Pretty good discussion of free will back here: http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1731496#1731496

Other than certain biological, cerebral and (moral?) limitations and the probability of consequences, free will implies our ability to do as we please.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 10:07 am
neologist wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Ok, Neo, would you explain what free will is (I know you've done it before) but, can you give the abridged version?
Pretty good discussion of free will back here: http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1731496#1731496

Other than certain biological, cerebral and (moral?) limitations and the probability of consequences, free will implies our ability to do as we please.

Much ado about nothing.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 03:22 pm
Carrying on the proud Proudmoore tradition of quotes:

Free will is a "tempest in a teapot".

"Tempest in a teapot" means a fuss about nothing very much, or a dispute of only minor or local importance. But for some theists it can be argued to be of pivotal impotence (pun).

My position is that if free will exists, it does not exist for very short time periods, and again decays rapidly as time periods increase.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 07:50 pm
Profound.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 10:57 pm
echi wrote:

Whatever. I don't care.

Echi... I would love to ask you a question. However I have not been following this conversation for a little bit here so whatever it is, it would probably be irrelevant and off topic. So I'll just ask did you have sweet dreams last night? LOL
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 11:07 pm
neologist wrote:
Profound.
Kind of you to think so.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 11:54 pm
hephzibah wrote:
Echi... I would love to ask you a question. However I have not been following this conversation for a little bit here so whatever it is, it would probably be irrelevant and off topic. So I'll just ask did you have sweet dreams last night? LOL

Some sweet, some sour... You know how it is.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 01:05 am
Sure do echi... sure do...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 03:21 am
Heph...since you have responded to so many other posts...I hope you take time to respond to my last response to you.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 05:34 am
All prophet stories true which was told in Gospels books.. also Adam and Eve.. Their little real stories r our life's light.. God tells and teachs us a lot with their life..

There r many details about their life in Eden, also in earth.. We learn them from blessed books and Prophets..

Also Adam's adventure is told by many Prophets in the same way..
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 05:12 pm
Mr.Frank.. You wrote to Neologist...

You asserted that people who suppose there is an afterlife...and the possibility of punishment after death...CANNOT BE RIGHT.

I send you some thoughts on sprit and eternal life..

...''Consider the laws that govern in species, which to a degree resemble the spirit, and since they both issue from the World of the Divine Command and Will, with regard to their source, are to a degree appropriate for the spirit, and only lack a perceptible existence. Study them and it will be seen that if those commanding laws were clothed in external existence, each of them would become the spirit of the species. And the laws are always permanent; they are always perpetual and constant. No change or transformation affects the laws' unity, or spoils them.

For example, should a fig-tree die and be dispersed, the law of its formation, which is like its spirit, will continue in its tiny seeds; it will not die. And so, since even the most commonplace and weak commanding laws are thus connected to permanence and continuance, the human spirit must be connected not only with permanence and immortality, but with all eternity. For according to the Qur'an's glorious decree of:

Say: The Spirit (comes) by command of my Sustainer,13

spirit too is a conscious and living law which has come from the World of the Divine Command, and which Pre-Eternal power has clothed with external existence. That is to say, just as the unconscious laws which proceed from the Divine attribute of will and the World of the Divine Command are always, or mostly, enduring, so is it even more definite that the spirit, which is a sort of brother to them, and like them is a manifestation of the attribute of will and comes from the World of the Command, manifests immortality. It is also more worthy of it, because it is existent, it has an external reality. And it is more potent, more elevated, because it possesses consciousness. It is also more enduring than them, and more valuable, because it is living.'' BSN
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:57 pm
I'd like to quote young Todd Flanders from the Simpsons if I may.....

"If Cain and Able are Adam and Eve's only children, did they make babies with their mother, or did they make babies with each other?"
0 Replies