Soldiers are saying - "Get us Outta Here!"

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:13 pm
As i recall, McWhitey (you'll remember, you told me to use that term), you have never served in the armed forces. Is that correct?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:25 pm
Ooooh, this is gettin' interesting. Are you for real, McG? You mean to tell me, after all that struttin and fumin, you haven't ever served at all?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:29 pm
He once attacked me on such a basis, so i pointed out that i had served three years, having enlisted. I asked him if and when he had served. He replied by thanking me for my service and dodging the question. I do believe, however, that in another thread, he copped to having never served.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:29 pm
snood wrote:
Ooooh, this is gettin' interesting. Are you for real, McG? You mean to tell me, after all that struttin and fumin, you haven't ever served at all?

Never said I did.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:33 pm
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:

Never said I did.

Wotta piece a' work.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:34 pm
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:

Never said I did.

No, that you didn't. You do say so many things, though...

You have a pleasant evening, McG.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:41 pm
snood wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:

Never said I did.

oh, right... non-military people couldn't possibly have an opinion right? My family and friends have quite enough military experience to make up for my not serving so don't bust your a$$ faalling off that high horse Set has propped you up on.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:42 pm
Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . . you must get indigestion a lot, McWhitey . . . all the bile you spew, you really must be full of it . . .
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:

Never said I did.

oh, right... non-military people couldn't possibly have an opinion right? My family and friends have quite enough military experience to make up for my not serving so don't bust your a$$ faalling off that high horse Set has propped you up on.

Man, don't look now, but you've got some ISSUES!!!!

Who has said, or suggested, that non-military persons can't have an opinion? Everything I said was in REPLY to some goofy pronouncements you made. I'm not on a high horse, or a soapbox, or anything else. You, on the other hand come off like you're on DRUGS!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:51 pm
Setanta wrote:
Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . . you must get indigestion a lot, McWhitey . . . all the bile you spew, you really must be full of it . . .

You send me this PM:

Setanta wrote:
I reported your last post regarding me in which you described me as being full of ****. I truly pity your family, and i can imagine the relief with which your children will someday shake the dust of your hateful house from their shoes.

and have the gall to accuse me of spewing bile? Perhaps an enema would help your attitude.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:12 pm
Well, i did take the trouble to conceal that from the general public. But if you're content to publish it, that's fine with me, too. Yes, i do pity your family, because all i ever see from you here is vicious remarks about others--living at your house must be a harrowing experience. That seems to be the sole reason you show up at this forum, to spew bile at others.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:48 pm
Go take a look in the mirrior Set. I am through with your childish antics.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:50 pm
kickycan wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Actually, Fedral, I think you will find that soldiers ALWAYS want to come home, but do NOT always think they should "get out of there".

I think of my uncle's letters from England during WW II, where he flew bombers over germany...especially the letter sent on D Day, as he waited to take off on what he obviously knew, as always, might be his last mission.

Sure, he wanted to come home, but he also clearly felt that what he was doing was worth the horror, and was deeply frustrated that others were flying while ha was still on the ground.

Maybe its because the people and press at home weren't tearing the war effort down continuously, or finding allied conspiracies under every tree.

Do you actually believe that the news and information they get is the same as what you see? I wish there were someone here who was actually in Iraq, so that they could tell us what news they get. I would be willing to bet it's filtered through the government lens.

In other words, your contention is nothing more than a pile of horseshit you've come up with to convince yourself that you're right.

Liberals and the liberal press at home and abroad are doing this. I am sure that some of it is getting through to the troops and undermining the will to fight. They do have Internet access, and occasional leave, and perhaps even some access to American TV. There were not widespread liberal condemnation of the war, and widespread accusations of the allied governments in WW2.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:50 pm
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
How much of that has been in combat Snood?

Typical snide hatefulness--how much combat time did you log, wise guy?

The criterion for whether one's opinion is correct of course.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:57 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

McG started the whole sidebar of innuendo about who did what service time, Brandon. But don't let little things like facts interrupt your kneejerk defensiveness.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:27 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Go take a look in the mirrior Set. I am through with your childish antics.

You are the one in need of a mirror.

You came in here and sneered at Snood, asking how much combat time he had. When i ask you how much you've got, you get typically hateful. You don't come to this site for any other purpose than to attack those with whom you disagree politically. You don't post in any other forum, you don't respond to any other type of topic than political, and your stock in trade is the sneer, the bilious, invidious characterization of those whom you see as your opponents.

You launched a sneering attack on Snood because it galls you that he would suggest the troops are not behind the war and the Idiot in Chief on Pennsylvania Avenue. When the very terms of your sneer get turned back on you, you try to divert the topic with personal attacks.

If it was germane to ask Snood how much combat he has been through, then it must be germane to ask you the same thing.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:31 pm
Setanta's point is well taken re those who ONLY seem to post in political threads. I always find it interesting to see a post from a right winger in some other type of thread--sometimes I find we have something in common. It's kind of refreshing...

But then there are those who only post the same-old, same-old in the political threads. Tiresome BS, such as "Why liberals are unhappy." Sad.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:34 pm
snood wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

McG started the whole sidebar of innuendo about who did what service time, Brandon. But don't let little things like facts interrupt your kneejerk defensiveness.

No snood, you started this all off when you made these comments to Fedral.

snood wrote:
Man, I gotta hand it to you - you surely blow smoke very well. The case has been made over and over by you rightwingnuts that the military is pro-Republican and pro-Bush. At least you make that case when you think it serves to buoy up your perverted reasoning about why we are taking military action in the first place. And now that there is hard evidence that this military in this war is more against being in Iraq than for - you sidestep and pull a lot of pseudo-authoritative stuff about what "any" fighting man in "any" war would do.

Well, my full-of-BS- Bushophile friend, this isn't 'any' war - this is BUSH's war. This is the war he insisted on - he had to have - he sent Powell to the UN to make a fabricated case about - he changed rationalizations for so many times, no one has accurate count.

The FACT is that most Americans don't want to be there anymore. The FACT is that most soldiers don't want to be there anymore. You can't sell that Lee Greenwood proud-to-be-an-American-and-spread-freedom crap right now, so you try to peddle some other crap about weak liberals.

And please - don't presume to tell me how soldiers think. I should have some idea withut your advice - I've been active duty for 16 years and counting...

I asked what experience you had that made you somehow more qualified to speak for anyone. You answered and I was satisfied. Then Set barged in in his usual asshat style. There was no innuendo, I was genuinely curious as to your combat experience because I knew you were in the military.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:37 pm
McG
Doesn't it get embarrassing to continuously have to pull your foot out of your mouth? Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:38 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Setanta's point is well taken re those who ONLY seem to post in political threads. I always find it interesting to see a post from a right winger in some other type of thread--sometimes I find we have something in common. It's kind of refreshing...

But then there are those who only post the same-old, same-old in the political threads. Tiresome BS, such as "Why liberals are unhappy." Sad.

Stop reading them then. We all have topics we are intrested in and only have time to partake in limited forums.
0 Replies