Soldiers are saying - "Get us Outta Here!"

Fedral

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 04:40 pm
snood wrote:

Nobody's acting offended, "Fedral". I don't care what you think. And what the f#$$ do you think we're talking about, if not solving the problem. Either in the short term or in the long term, we need to get the hell out of Iraq. And the baby wouldn't have drowned if not for your fearless president and his glorious plan.

That's the problem, you are so sure that you are 100% right that you don't want to listen, nor do you care about any opinions other than your own.

You think you know me, but you do not, you think because I support the President, that I agree with everything he does. (Just FYI, I supported President Clinton as the representative of our country. I hated him, I didn't vote for him, I wished everyday that he was out of office, but I supported him as my President.) There is a difference between support and agreement.

Your comment of:
Quote:
And what the f#$$ do you think we're talking about, if not solving the problem.

Nowhere in this thread did I see even ONE constructive post as to how to get us out without leaving behind utter anarchy.

All the postings were more of the same old 'We shouldn't be there', 'We need to leave', 'George Bush is to blame for everything'.

Not a decent solution to the problem, just more of the same.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 04:50 pm
Pretty much. What she said. <points down>

Snood, it is one interesting story, and I thought about posting it here too, but then I saw the poll was done by Zogby. Conservatives hate Zogby, so most of 'em wont even bother replying - too easy to blame the messenger. Like, "oh, Zogby <throw away gesture>"

dlowan wrote:
I am anti war.

"The majority of Americans are for the war, you left wing, traitorous loony, you are out of step with America, and see, the nations of the world will join us".

Most nations haven't joined the war and are against it.

"The majority of Americans are for the war, you left wing, traitorous loony, you are out of step with America."

The majority of Americans do not support the war.

"You traitorous loony, the TROOPS support it, the left wing communist media are misleading you."

The troops want to come home."

"THEY ARE WRONG!"

It's like the torture....

"NO torture is happening, you traitor"

Yes it is.

"A few bad apples, you are denigrating the troops"

The torture orders are coming from the top.

"A FEW BAD APPLES, damn you"

See, here is the evidence it comes from the top.

"The subhuman bastards deserve it."
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 04:53 pm
Fedral wrote:
snood wrote:

Nobody's acting offended, "Fedral". I don't care what you think. And what the f#$$ do you think we're talking about, if not solving the problem. Either in the short term or in the long term, we need to get the hell out of Iraq. And the baby wouldn't have drowned if not for your fearless president and his glorious plan.

That's the problem, you are so sure that you are 100% right that you don't want to listen, nor do you care about any opinions other than your own.

You think you know me, but you do not, you think because I support the President, that I agree with everything he does. (Just FYI, I supported President Clinton as the representative of our country. I hated him, I didn't vote for him, I wished everyday that he was out of office, but I supported him as my President.) There is a difference between support and agreement.

Your comment of:
Quote:
And what the f#$$ do you think we're talking about, if not solving the problem.

Nowhere in this thread did I see even ONE constructive post as to how to get us out without leaving behind utter anarchy.

All the postings were more of the same old 'We shouldn't be there', 'We need to leave', 'George Bush is to blame for everything'.

Not a decent solution to the problem, just more of the same.

You want everyone to be responsible - to take ownership of a problem that your president has never claimed ownership of in the first place!!!

And how, by the way do you "hate, and wish everyday for him to be out of office" a president, and still "support' him?

No, I don't think I know you - and don't want to. What I know is that you keep writing words pretending that you're for constructive solutions and the people who want out of Iraq are for anarchy - and that's BS. The anarchy was guaranteed before we went in there for bogus reasons with not enough numbers. The anarchy is perpetuated by trying to claim the enemy is "outside agitators", when the Iraqis themselves are killing us. The anarchy preceded us, and will postdate our departure. The question is not if we need to get the hell out, but when. The sooner you and your ilk get with that program, the less Americans need to die needlessly.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 06:05 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Whether they do think that or not, and whatever the reason, they're wrong. The invasion was the only way to be certain that Saddam Hussein would not have access to doomsday weapons.

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/171818-16med.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:32 pm
Yeah - I get it - broken record. But, what is the source of your signature quote?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:07 pm
snood wrote:
Yeah - I get it - broken record. But, what is the source of your signature quote?

That is from
the the character "Belize" in Tony Kushner's Angels in America.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:42 pm
parados wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Whether they do think that or not, and whatever the reason, they're wrong. The invasion was the only way to be certain that Saddam Hussein would not have access to doomsday weapons.

I think we need to invade Iraq again. Saddam could be building a nuke in his jail cell. There is ONLY one way to be certain after all. Right Brandon?

Flawed logic, as usual. At the moment of the invasion, based on the totality of the history, there was a reasonable probability that Hussein was continuing to hide WMD. There is a vanishingly small probability that he is building a nuke in his jail cell.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:45 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

What is the only way to be certain that Iran woun't have access to doomsday weapons?

Well, since Iran is showing some signs of trying to build nukes covertly, we should try hard for awhile to negotiate a settlement. In the end, if all else fails for a long time, to prevent them from stockpiling WMD and becoming even more dangerous than North Korea, invasion would probably be necessary.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:46 pm
snood wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Even if we stipulate that we HAD to attack Iraq (and I do not), I was looking for a reaction to the events happening NOW. Soldiers wanting out - ...?

Fine, but I wanted to note that it doesn't prove that going in wasn't the right thing to do.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:47 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Ohhh! Uhhh! Uhhh! I know this one!!!
<< ebrown waves hand frantically>>

"We are installing Democracy..."
(or is the right answer "We can't let the terrorists win")

We went in only to attain certainty about the WMD, but as long as we're there, there are worse things than taking people who have lived under the iron fist of a dictator and giving them a chance to choose their government.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:50 pm
McTag wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Believing that is probably the only thing that keeps many Bush supporters sane.

Your idea that conservatives are not happy with Bush's actions is something you convince yourself of in order to look at the world through rose colored glasses, but bears little or no resemblance to reality.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:52 pm
dlowan wrote:
Actually, Fedral, I think you will find that soldiers ALWAYS want to come home, but do NOT always think they should "get out of there".

I think of my uncle's letters from England during WW II, where he flew bombers over germany...especially the letter sent on D Day, as he waited to take off on what he obviously knew, as always, might be his last mission.

Sure, he wanted to come home, but he also clearly felt that what he was doing was worth the horror, and was deeply frustrated that others were flying while ha was still on the ground.

Maybe its because the people and press at home weren't tearing the war effort down continuously, or finding allied conspiracies under every tree.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:53 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

http://www.buzzle.com/img/articleImages/171818-16med.jpg

Som me repeating my opinion makes me a broken record, but you repeating yours over, and over, ad nauseum with no variation does not.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 01:38 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Actually, Fedral, I think you will find that soldiers ALWAYS want to come home, but do NOT always think they should "get out of there".

I think of my uncle's letters from England during WW II, where he flew bombers over germany...especially the letter sent on D Day, as he waited to take off on what he obviously knew, as always, might be his last mission.

Sure, he wanted to come home, but he also clearly felt that what he was doing was worth the horror, and was deeply frustrated that others were flying while ha was still on the ground.

Maybe its because the people and press at home weren't tearing the war effort down continuously, or finding allied conspiracies under every tree.

Or maybe soldiers are capable of independent thought and decide for themselves?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 01:43 am
dlowan wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Or maybe soldiers are capable of independent thought and decide for themselves?

Sure. They're completely uninfluenced by the people and the press.
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:58 am
Only a moron could be suprised by the fact that soldiers in a war zone would want to go home.

It 'shook" you? heh

Where in the poll did the troops suggest that it is a "fiasco"? Or did the author just throw that word in because it resonates with his TARGET AUDIENCE.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:01 am
Re: Soldiers are saying - "Get us Outta Here!"
snood wrote:
and four out of five polled oppose the use of such banned weapons as napalm and phosphorus bombs, such as US forces employed in the assault on Fallujah in November 2004.

Given the fact that neither napalm nor white phosphorus are even remotely banned (and the fact that napalm was not used in Fallujah), I question this poll.

Zogby may have asked the questions, but they were probably hired out by an extremist group that asked extremely leading and misleading questions in order to skew the results.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:06 am
nimh wrote:
Snood, it is one interesting story, and I thought about posting it here too, but then I saw the poll was done by Zogby. Conservatives hate Zogby, so most of 'em wont even bother replying - too easy to blame the messenger. Like, "oh, Zogby <throw away gesture>"

Really??

I remember when conservatives loved Zogby and liberals hated them.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:41 am
Snood
Good to see you and just wanted to say "I hear ya!"
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:58 am
Fedral wrote:

Far too many in opposition to the war are STILL arguing about how we shouldn't have gotten into this war, I just want to scream.

"The children are drowning and YOU are still arguing as to who left the door to the pool open."

Face it folks, we are THERE. No amount of complaining is going to 'undo' what has happened. So instead of complaining about whether we should have invaded in the first place, try expending 1/10th of that effort into helping SOLVE the problem of getting out troops out without abandoning the Iraqis to anarchy.

Plenty of screaming, from all quarters. Especially from parents who have their children needlessly blown up.
My problem is with Bush playing the "war president" when he has presided over one of the greatest crimes in western history.
Truly, you can fool some of the people some of the time, but when will you wake up?
0 Replies