Soldiers are saying - "Get us Outta Here!"

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:03 pm
We just need more GREAT Americans, period. :wink:
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:04 pm
But, Momma Angel--people we can identify with--admire--emulate. How often does a great American like Mohammed Ali come around?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:06 pm
Mele,

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not saying that Mohammed Ali is not a great man. Not at all.

What I am saying is if we all strive to be the best we can be and do what is best for EVERYONE and not just for ourselves, we could all be GREAT.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:14 pm
But, Momma Angel, we need leaders!!

Do you know anyone as articulate and as inspiring as Muhammed Ali?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:18 pm
Bush sets out Iraq security plans
US President George W Bush has set out his strategy to tackle the violence in Iraq, in an attempt to counter American scepticism over the war.
He gave details of coalition attempts to build up the Iraqi security forces and said: "We will not lose our nerve."

And he accused Iran of contributing to the unrest in Iraq by arming militants with improvised explosive devices.

His speech comes ahead of the third anniversary of the US-led invasion of Iraq on 20 March.

Mr Bush admitted the situation in Iraq "is still tense", but said there was also "signs of a hopeful future".

"Iraqis have shown the world they want a future of freedom and peace and they will oppose a violent minority that seeks to take future away from them by tearing their country apart," he said.

"Signs of a hopeful future?" Where does this guy live?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:20 pm
Yes, we do need leaders. I will not and cannot deny that, mele.

Do I know anyone? Personally? No. I have to think on if I could actually endorse anyone right now as being in the same class as Ali. I'll get back to you.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:44 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Yes, we do need leaders. I will not and cannot deny that, mele.

Do I know anyone? Personally? No. I have to think on if I could actually endorse anyone right now as being in the same class as Ali. I'll get back to you.

this could get interesting. Very Happy
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 04:06 pm
If I may be so bold, Momma Angel, may I suggest some brilliant Americans who could be listed as true inspirations?

Michael Moore

Dan Rather

Al Sharpton

Barbra Striesand

Sheila Jackson Lee

Barney Frank

Jerry Springer

Jim McDermott

Maxine Waters

Ludacris

and last but not least

Phil Donahue

With inspirational leaders such as the above, there is nothing that the USA couldn't do.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:50 pm
Oh man, are you ever fulla you-know-what.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:08 pm
Perhaps, Snood, but I remain unconvinced of that until it can be proven. I am sure that you can do better than that. Please try!!!! All you have to do is to show that the people I listed are not inspirational leaders.

Don't you think they are, snood?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:15 pm
mele42846 wrote:
Perhaps, Snood, but I remain unconvinced of that until it can be proven. I am sure that you can do better than that. Please try!!!! All you have to do is to show that the people I listed are not inspirational leaders.

Don't you think they are, snood?

What do I think? I think you are a bottom dweller who gets his sad kicks from trying to stir up meaningless arguments. I think you try to pose as some sickminded caricature with some exagerrated views that you think will rile someone into arguing with you. I wouldn't be suprised if getting any kind of angry rise out of someone on these forums is one of your foremost sources of joy. And I think that's unspeakably sad.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:15 pm
spiro agnew, richard nixon and robert welch come to mind, mele, do you remember them?
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:20 pm
I am sure that you are incorrect, Snood. I have many "sources" of joy.None of them include getting an "angry rise"out of anybody.

When you debate, and facts are given, there should be no "angry rise". The only thing there should be is a dispassionate look at the facts and, if need be, a dispassionate rebuttal using reliable evidence.

I doubt that I am a "bottom dweller" as you indicated. I am most careful of avoiding "bottom dwellers" since I understand they are inimical to your health.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:21 pm
mele, "If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you."
Muhammad Ali
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:27 pm
blueflame1 wrote:

Muhammad Ali

met ali once back in the early 80's. he was quite nice.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:29 pm
DontTreadOnMe, great man. The Greatest.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:31 pm
Nice? Nice?Is that all you have to say about one of the most influential men in the United States? Do you know how many yooung people he has influenced? Have you ever attended one of his speechs in which he exorts boys and girls to stay in school.

I am sure that few would admit this but I am convinced that the main reason Muhammed Ali did not go on to election to high office was because of racial prejudice.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:32 pm
A great American that knew when to speak up against the war in Vietnam.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:33 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
DontTreadOnMe, great man. The Greatest.

he's done a lot of charity work out here. and it seems like he's done some good stuff back in our shared hometown.

ya know, i was really surprised how soft his hand was when we shook. i expected leather. and didn't have one of those break your fingers grips either.

i guess when ya can make hamburger outta the other guy, ya don't need to get all macho.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:33 pm
Lets get past this insult session and get back to the "survey" for a minute.

I dont know what soldiers were asked the survey,but I do know this.

If you put me,a trained combat medic,into a situation where I am pushing papers,then I would also say I want out.
Soldiers are not trained to be policemen,nor are we trained as social workers.
A soldiers job is to kill people and break things.

When you put a combat soldier into any other role besides what he is trained for,he is going to want out.

So,knowing that,I am a little skeptical of the survey,because I dont know who was asked or what they were doing at the time.
That will make a difference in the results.
0 Replies