0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 02:40 am
Re: Who Would Vote For bush Again?
JTT wrote:
oralloy wrote:
JTT wrote:

Dittohead sighting!

I guess this means you are incapable of logic.

Oh well.

oralloy wrote:

I just vote for whomever the NRA endorses.

That means I'd probably vote for him again.

Oh, the irony!

Yawn. I must have missed this when you posted it. (Not that you ever post anything worth reading.)

This is message a notification that I'll not be wasting much time conversing with you low-IQ types from now on.

Feel free to attempt to say something intelligent, though. If you succeed, I might pay attention to that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 05:41 am
Thank goodness for small favors.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:16 am
Re: Who Would Vote For bush Again?
oralloy wrote:

I just vote for whomever the NRA endorses.

I hear the NRA is endorsing Osama Bin Laden, he's been a great boost for the gun industry.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:36 am
McGentrix wrote:
As opposed to John Kerry? You bet I would.

That m'dears, is exactly the issue. As much as I have learned to dislike Bush, I could have never voted for Kerry.

Let's see whom the geniuses in Washington pick to run in '08. Stay tuned!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:47 am
yes because Kerry MIGHT have f**ked things up.... pay no attention to the fact that bush, as predicted, DID f**k things up even worse.....

stop propping bush up with Kerry, it's so.... 2004.....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:59 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
yes because Kerry MIGHT have f**ked things up.... pay no attention to the fact that bush, as predicted, DID f**k things up even worse.....

stop propping bush up with Kerry, it's so.... 2004.....

Relax, BVT. The point that I was making was that there was no really decent choice. At the time, Kerry was, to me, an aversive cypher. I voted for Bush. It WAS a mistake, but I am not convinced that the alternative would have been any better, but bad in a different, but important way.

In order to turn the mess in Washington around, both the Democrats and the Republicans need to come up with candidates that the populace can respect, that they believe will do a good job, and that have a committment to the Constitution first, and their religion second.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:03 am
no offense phoenix but I am constantly amazed at how people ignored everything about bush in 2004 and re elected him anyway, while running kKerry into the ground for no real reason I've been able to figure out. Oh wait.... swift boat veterans.... right..... meanwhile the country is f**ked but Kerry would have done worse.... how?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:03 am
Kerry was a much better choice than people are willing to admit. I think Bush voters are just rationalizing when they blame him for their vote.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:18 am
Not rationalizing. At the time, Kerry was an awful choice. I agonized over this for a long time. It may appear ridiculous now,, but I think that it was a matter of "The devil you know......................"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:21 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Not rationalizing. At the time, Kerry was an awful choice. I agonized over this for a long time. It may appear ridiculous now,, but I think that it was a matter of "The devil you know......................"

why was he an awful choice?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:37 am
Quote:
why was he an awful choice?

There was no way that I could get a "handle" on him. I had the perception that he really did not have a platform, had no real philosophical underpinnings, and would sway with the political breeze.

He also had a personality that was not conducive to engendering confidence from the populace, which is important in a leader. ( Not that Bush is any better! Rolling Eyes )

I also thought that at the time, it was important for the US to have a strong defense in the international arena. I did not think that Kerry was up to the task.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:46 am
so a viet nam vet was not as well suited compared to an entitled frat boy who pulled strings to avoid military service... voted for the appearance of a tough cowboy... good thinking....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:47 am
I was not a big fan of Kerry either, but I would rather see him in the White House than Bush.

Hell, I'd rather see Osama Bin Laden in the White House than Bush.

At least then we'd know where he was.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:50 am
I got into an argument with a security guard the other day. I was confused over his unwavering support of Bush and asked him how he could continue to support a man who is slowly destroying the country for the average working man.

You know what he says? He turned red in the face and started yelling at me about Hanoi Jane.

I stared at him and was momentarily speechless. Then I told him I had difficulties communicating with aliens and walked away.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:54 am
Perhaps he was bothered by the vagueness of " how he could continue to support a man who is slowly destroying the country for the average working man. "?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:56 am
Yeah, that was probably it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 08:04 am
I'd like to see Edwards run again for the Dems. He seemed like a someone who could reach the crossover vote.

Maybe not me, but others.

To hell with a chicken in every pot, more like a shotgun in every closet to put the chicken in the pot.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:15 am
I think that we are all playing Monday morning quarterbacks. The fact remains is that we are stuck with Bush until '08. If both parties are smart, they will give the voters a decent choice the next election.

The problem is that I probably would not like anyone who would covet that job.

That reminds me of the old Groucho Marx joke: "I would never join a club who would have me as a member".
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:57 am
Yes, but it's looking increasingly sure that we won't be stuck with a Republican Senate and Congress for the last two years. This could be the last nail in Bush's coffin as far as his place in history. He's hobbled himself, all he needs is a legislature that will leave him with no legs whatsoever.
0 Replies