The Adventures of Notary Woman and ....

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 10:07 pm
I have extreme vocal talent. When I warble the verses to I Did it My Way, I see folks cringe as if their mouths were stuffed with something sour, closing their eyes and shouting, "Shut up!" I delight in causing them to perform thus any time I will it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 09:05 am
That is a gift.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:52 pm
Iffy just informed me that she wanted the wool afghan spread out for her early afternoon nap.

She also wanted a protein party, but she didn't get one.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 01:38 pm
you....are....so....mean!

give Ms. Iffy a can of solid white albacore tuna.

that poor starving child.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 01:41 pm
Oh!

That reminds me of another super power....

I am the best cook when it comes to making tuna fish can juice in a bowl.

You have to SQuuuuuezzzzee. the can lid pretty hard to get all the tuna juice out....but....it's worth it because of the return customers.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 02:17 pm
Customers with fur?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 03:09 pm
but of course.....

fur and little squeaky voices that go meeeeee, meeeeeee, meeeeeee.

They think the food is great, but the service could be faster.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 04:00 pm
Chai--

Dear little Iffikins is a pit bull.

I just removed the exercise board from the bed so she could have a proper late-afternoon nap.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:09 pm
Now, why doesn't it surprise me that you own a pit bull, Noddy? Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 07:25 am
Eva wrote:
HEY!

JOE!

FOCUS, willya?

Did you or did you not tell somebody on the set of "Fandango" about "Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty"? And if the answer is no, are you or are you not a plagiarist? Wink

!

Um... this is sad. Eva has lost it, that tender grip she had on the little string holding her to reality has been loosened by age or some infirmity.

I told her my FATHER had told me 'left loosen, right tighten' -some of the very few words of actual wisdom to pass his lips by the way and that I had jazzed it up a little with the lefty and tightie stuff, BUT everybody knows 'left to loosen and right to tighten.' the way people know the difference between a gazinna and gozonna or how to antique brass with ammonia vapors, that kind of stuff.

What the hell is a Fandango?

I can sit on a beach and stare at a cloud until it disappears in submission to my will.

Joe(ooomm)Nation
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:05 am
A Pit Bull!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:30 am
Chai Tea wrote:
A Pit Bull!

... who, if she had opposable thumbs, would probably make use of the ole "righty tightie, lefty Lucy" mnemonic.

PS I am envious of those with the ability to pronounce both of the m's in mnemonic.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 11:26 am
Joe Nation wrote:

The greatest, cheesiest, buddy/road-trip movie ever made, of course.

"Aaaarch! Aaaarch!"

"It looks like, 'no og!'"
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 11:39 am
Right-tighty drew!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:21 pm
Eva, Chai--

When I visited the pound Iffy was the only dog (on three floors) who was not barking.

She's a girl of deeds, not words.

Unfortunately, occasionally her deeds are dastardly, bloody and natural.

She's also been known to turn up her nose at tuna water and even at the flakes of tuna in the bottom of the can.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:31 pm
oh say that's not so!!!

not the flakes in the bottom of the can!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 02:49 pm
Iffy likes Red Meat--also whatever the other people are having.

How often does your little pink tongue scour the last flakes out of the tuna can?

She does play a charming game of kickball with an empty tuna can.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 01:16 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Eva wrote:
HEY!

JOE!

FOCUS, willya?

Did you or did you not tell somebody on the set of "Fandango" about "Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty"? And if the answer is no, are you or are you not a plagiarist? Wink

!

Um... this is sad. Eva has lost it, that tender grip she had on the little string holding her to reality has been loosened by age or some infirmity.

I told her my FATHER had told me 'left loosen, right tighten' -some of the very few words of actual wisdom to pass his lips by the way and that I had jazzed it up a little with the lefty and tightie stuff, BUT everybody knows 'left to loosen and right to tighten.' the way people know the difference between a gazinna and gozonna or how to antique brass with ammonia vapors, that kind of stuff.

I can sit on a beach and stare at a cloud until it disappears in submission to my will.

Joe(ooomm)Nation

Fandango was a 1985 movie starring Kevin Costner, Sam Robards, Judd Nelson and others...a road trip movie. A couple of semi-famous scenes were shot here in Tulsa, including the plane/helicopter/car chase scene for which a neighbor of mine did the stunt driving. You were in Tulsa at the time, I'm surprised you don't remember all the hubbub surrounding local casting, etc.

Back later when I think of a snappy comeback to the "losing her tender grip on reality" thing....(just got back from a really sad funeral, not much in the mood right now.)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 02:06 pm
Eva--

Sorry about the funeral.

Iffy just asked me to remind Mr. Noddy that she likes the end of his breakfast banana.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 08:31 pm
Thank you, Noddy. I've been wiped out today.

A brave and wonderful 30 year old man lost his fight with testicular cancer. I thought I would be okay until I saw his 7 year old son all dressed up in a suit and tie, waiting to walk down the aisle toward his father's coffin. No child should have to do that...bury their father, I mean. Andrew left a wife and three small children. He was an avid cyclist and worked for the Lance Armstrong Foundation in addition to everything else he did. Lance sent a personal message to the funeral. At the end of the service, we all gave Andrew a standing ovation. He deserved it.

I'm going to go lie down again. Sorry to derail this thread...back to the fun, okay?
0 Replies