The Adventures of Notary Woman and ....

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:57 am
Every one of us has a quirky little power. Perhaps not what most think of as a superpower. Probably not flying (unless with an airplane, helicopter or hang glider), x-ray vision or the like. More like day to day superpowers.

And, I say, we can be heroes, if only in our minds. Heroes of bringing in the donuts. Heroes of putting the cap securely back on the magic marker so that it doesn't dry out. Heroes of changing the clocks when Daylight Savings time kicks in.

My superpowers are the ability to recognize a signature from three paces (four if my glasses are on), and the ability to administer an oath. I wield the mighty
Stamp of Truth http://www.corpconnect.com/store/customimages/PSIB_.jpg and the Embosser Seal of Justice (shown here with its nifty carrying pouch) http://www.corpconnect.com/store/customimages/deluxe.jpg.

So, what's your superpower?!??!

We can be heroes, if just for one day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,208 • Replies: 121

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 11:50 am
I am a Household Heroine.

I can replace the toilet paper roll--and the paper towel roll as well.

I can understand what the dog is talking about. Mr. Noddy gets the "Listen here" part, but details escape him

I can always find the broom, the dustpan and the wet mop. Always.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:12 pm
Well, in ADDITION to my duties as a notary, I am the super hero who swoops down and says to someone whose computer is running more slowly than they'd like…."You know, if you click that thing 20 times it's not going to come up any faster…..Oh look, now you're systems shutting down."
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:13 pm
I can make my mom laugh anytime, anywhere.

Conversely, my wife has the uncanny power to find my humor extremely un-humorous.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:17 pm
Excellent! A2K Hero Powers - Activated! I feel our powers growing.

Chai, we could start a notary gang. I s'pect our tattoos would say something like My commission expires February 23, 2008.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:23 pm
I am the Great Snot Extractor.

I am very, very good at getting it out of little noses, no matter how much they complain about it.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:32 pm
Making kids cry. Sometimes it only takes a look, but I am very proud. It comes naturally you know.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:34 pm
I can smell poop a mile away.

Some times, i think I can actually hear it as it fills Beans diaper.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:40 pm
I am The Great Procrastinator.

I'll explain it all later. After I've had a nap.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:50 pm

at some point i'm gonna have to challenge you on that title, Eva... but not today... prolly not tomorrow... dunno when...
i'll get back to you... don't call me, i'll call you...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:54 pm
Eva wrote:
I am The Great Procrastinator.

I'll explain it all later. After I've had a nap.

yep, which is why I'm here right now instead of doing my work.

I have the wonderful power of getting my children wherever they need to go and pay for their entertainment. I have the role of gas peddle and wallet down pat!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 01:30 pm
We are a talented bunch of superheroes and superheroines.

I also have incredible lunch-making abilities. I would tell you the secret of the peanut butter, but then I'd have to kill you.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 01:33 pm
I am a spreadsheet heroine. I love odd tasks that nobody else wants. Spreadsheets, charts, graphs, anything that takes some organization and involves a computer.
I am also a googler with abnormal abilities to find the right situation analysis or an article that constantly astounds my boss.
i'm a a Master Multitasker, although i still have to do better on actually finishing all the tasks I begin...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:20 pm
How does one become a notary? Don't you just sign up for one of those courses from tv that advertise exciting and lucrative careers such as gun repair, nail technician, and...notary?

I have the uncanny ability to scare the sh!t out my passengers when taking off-ramps at 80mph in my car.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:37 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
I am a spreadsheet heroine. I love odd tasks that nobody else wants. Spreadsheets, charts, graphs, anything that takes some organization and involves a computer.
I am also a googler with abnormal abilities to find the right situation analysis or an article that constantly astounds my boss.
i'm a a Master Multitasker, although i still have to do better on actually finishing all the tasks I begin...

OMG you just freaked me out with this. You could be talking about me!
I am in the middle of a complex spreadsheet for a client, and I just volunteered for a task involving setting up a database that no-one else wanted to touch!

Now if only I could tap-dance
http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra1/bigdance.gif
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:54 pm
Heeven wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

OMG you just freaked me out with this. You could be talking about me!
I am in the middle of a complex spreadsheet for a client, and I just volunteered for a task involving setting up a database that no-one else wanted to touch!

Now if only I could tap-dance
http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra1/bigdance.gif

Ahhhh. The 3 of us, sisters of the pivot table.
It is such a nerdish pleasure to anal-yze and come up with the reason we were .04% off our goal.

I can't tap dance, but I'm gonna order a dvd and learn to belly dance.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:56 pm
Shhhh. Don't anyone tell Slappy how to become a notary.

He'll want to get in on all those free trips we take to sandy beaches and palm trees to "discuss" the notary public economic outlook.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:29 pm
hehe, just making a spider chart in SPSS. taking my nerdy skills to a whole new level.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 05:11 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
How does one become a notary? Don't you just sign up for one of those courses from tv that advertise exciting and lucrative careers such as gun repair, nail technician, and...notary?

I have the uncanny ability to scare the sh!t out my passengers when taking off-ramps at 80mph in my car.

Notary school. They beat you, call you names, it's kinda like Tom Brown's School Days for the 21st century, so we have cel phones.

PS 4 on the spreadsheet thingie -- I've been working on an over 16k liner and all the little numbers are starting to look mysteriously similar.

PPS Nice superpower, I may have experienced it today. Were you in a white pickup today?
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:46 am
I have the ability to understand every pur meow and whine issued forth by the feline inhabitants of our secret headquarters. Uncannily, my bare feet also have the wonderful ability of always finding the puddle of wet cat puke in a dark room.
0 Replies