Ulcer

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:25 pm
Can anyone tell me what the symptoms are when you have an ulcer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,664 • Replies: 52
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:27 pm
Never had one. Sorry.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:30 pm
Well it depends on what kind of ulcer it is Montana. There are different kinds of ulcers.

Maybe this will help: The symptoms are further down on the page.

http://kidshealth.org/teen/diseases_conditions/digestive/ulcers.html
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:31 pm
Thanks you guys :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:42 pm
Mamma Angel
Thanks for the site. I have 4 of the symptoms, so it looks like Montana has an ulcer :-(
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:44 pm
Montana,

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you will get to a doctor as soon as possible. If it is just the beginning of an ulcer it might be able to be controlled with diet. They have great medicines today for these kinds of problems.

So, don't wait. Make sure you get it checked out.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:02 pm
I read everything on the site you gave me and with the symptoms I have it sounds like I just have the bacteria ulcer, which can easily be treated, so I'll be calling the doc in the morning to set up an appointment. I want to get this taken care of before I start back at work in May.

My symptoms are

Loss of appetite
nausea
frequent burping
weight loss
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:07 pm
Well, that doesn't sound too bad then. I am glad. Please keep us updated?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:12 pm
No, it's not too bad. The nausea is what bothers me the most, which is why I'm headed strait to the docs so he can fix me ;-)

Thanks again Mamma :-D
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:13 pm
Anytime!
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 09:18 am
Hi, we thought my brother had an ulcer or something called GERD and he was on ulcer's pills for sometimes. Then, it turned out that the main problem that he had and still is something called neurogenesis bladder which caused ( not now or I can say slightly ) a killing pain.

I control this by the diet ( same for those whos have ulcer or GERD ) , but I haven't found a cure so far.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 09:50 am
Montana,

Just checking back in with you. Have you gone to the doctor yet? How are you feeling? If you haven't gone to the doctor yet, might be a good idea to stick to a bland diet. Yuck, I know. But, it will help. Do you like Cream of Wheat? It's good for an ulcer.

Please let us know how you are doing.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 11:53 am
Navigator
Thanks for your advice. I'll keep that in mind.

Mamma Angel
I have a doctors appointment on Tues, but it has gotten better. My stomache still doesn't feel right, but at least I don't have the nausea anymore and I can eat.
I had some pasta with sauce last night with a spicy sausage and it didn't bother me at all.
I promise I'll let you know as soon as I know anything more.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 03:05 pm
Please do let us know when you find out Montana. Glad you are feeling better!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:07 pm
I'm back to normal and feeling a-ok once again, so I think I'm going to cancel my doctors appointment for tuesday.
I think it was just a bad case of indigestion combined with that oh so special time of the month, or maybe it was some kind of flew.
I've been eating like crazy the past few days and I've gained back 7 of the 10 pounds I lost during this whatever it was I had.
My mother said she had similar symptoms a few weeks ago, but not as bad, so I'm wondering if it was just a nasty bug that was going around.
Anyway, I'm feeling great now and I'm getting my strength back, so no worries :-D
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:11 pm
Montana!

No, no, no! Just because you feel better right now does not mean it's gone. If you have been eating better to help, then of course you are going to be feeling better. You have gained 7 pounds in just a few days? That can be a symptom, girl.

I wish you'd reconsider and keep the appointment. You can never be too careful with your health.

Why do ya think they call me Momma? :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:25 pm
LOL! I'm going to cancel it just this one time, but if it happens again, I promise I'll make another appointment and keep it ;-)

I know I was dehydrated, which was one of the reasons I lost so much weight so quickly and why I gained it back just as fast.
It's been 4 days now that I've been eating like a horse and drinking tons and tons of water.
I really should drink more water regularly because I know I'm always a bit dehydrated since I don't drink much water or any other fluids.
Making a mental note to drink more water.

Don't worry Momma ;-)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:26 pm
Well, you do what you think is best. I'm just glad you are feeling better.

It's a Momma's job to worry, ya know.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:34 pm
Yeah, I know and I truly appreciate your kind heart :-D

(((Montana Hug)))
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:36 pm
Right back at ya! Oh, and kitty hugs from the bunch!http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Animals/Cats/cats_eyes.gif
0 Replies