On the myth of "Friends with Benefits"

Chai

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:59 am
Green Witch wrote:
In my day it was called an f*** buddy. It's great unless one person starts to really like the other person or you find a different person that you really like and you want the f*** buddy to go away and he (or she) won't.

It's still called that GW. CrazyD's from Nebraska and doesn't want Husker to hear him say that. He'll run and tell him mom, then the whole town of Nebraska will know...... Laughing

Yeah, what makes you think it's a myth?

It's just for fun.

In my experience, it's been with guys that I really couldn't stand to spend a lot of time with personality wise, just found them really hot.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:16 pm
Yup, F*ck buddies.

It's basically casual sex except you don't detest the person - can even like and get along with them well. Sometimes it's a friend who is a convienent and comfortable person to satisfy needs with, sometimes it's just someone hot who you don't want to commit to, but like sleeping with.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:25 pm
Oh sure it can work and work very well if it's the right thing at the right time. I had an on again, off again buddy for years and years We were very physically attracted to each other but were mismatched on every other level.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 05:58 pm
so like, this is starting to sound like a chick thing.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 06:14 pm
Had such a female friend in the '70s. Worked well for a while, fond memories and all that, but just about worked well for a while back then..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 06:34 pm
Come again???
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 06:53 pm
It can work out extremely well, especially when the buddies are ex's. Trust me, it works ... long term!!

Anon
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:07 pm
It's rare Anon. You must realize that.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:15 pm
eoe wrote:
It's rare Anon. You must realize that.

Maybe, just not in my case. No worry about diseases, attachments, unwanted pregnancies. Everyone wins!

Anon
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:18 pm
Well, your case was rare indeed. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. How did this relationship end, if you don't mind sharing?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:24 pm
It was a multiple relationship. I was sleeping with 2 exwifes and my highschool sweetheart ... until my present wife. JayBea is the only wife I have NEVER exercised my past options with. I could now, if I wanted to.

Anon
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:26 pm
Yeah , its all good for everyone here to say it worked out fine but this is your experience , you dont know what your other half was feeling emotion wise .... anyone gettting crank calls in the middle hours lately that you cant work out ....

Cant work , in my opinion just the fact your willing to sleep with a friend means there has to be some type of chemical attraction in the first place , i mean no disrespect to ugly people in my next comment but i cant have sex with someone i find ugly , id have to have some type of sexual attraction to them in the first place hence emotions can only build up from there . I believe this is the truth for both male and female and thinking that you can get away with it as there wont be emotion attached is crap .
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:27 pm
onthequiet wrote:
Yeah , its all good for everyone here to say it worked out fine but this is your experience , you dont know what your other half was feeling emotion wise .... anyone gettting crank calls in the middle hours lately that you cant work out ....

Cant work , in my opinion just the fact your willing to sleep with a friend means there has to be some type of chemical attraction in the first place , i mean no disrespect to ugly people in my next comment but i cant have sex with someone i find ugly , id have to have some type of sexual attraction to them in the first place hence emotions can only build up from there . I believe this is the truth for both male and female and thinking that you can get away with it as there wont be emotion attached is crap .

In my case, you're wrong.

Anon
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:32 pm
Anon , please dont take this the wrong way as im only here to have conversation as we all are so all good but can you honestly tell me you felt absolutely nothig for the other half , not even a feeling of comfort let alone a feeling of finding the other half , scuse the pun , but rootable .

What if the other friend turns out to be the best root youve had and you find another but still always go back to that friend in your memories , you reckon youd never catch up again 1 day at a party or something and just want to try it again for old time sake ..... sorry , im getting a bit too deep into it here now ... lol but do you know where im coming from . Smile
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:38 pm
onthequiet wrote:
Anon , please dont take this the wrong way as im only here to have conversation as we all are so all good but can you honestly tell me you felt absolutely nothig for the other half , not even a feeling of comfort let alone a feeling of finding the other half , scuse the pun , but rootable .

What if the other friend turns out to be the best root youve had and you find another but still always go back to that friend in your memories , you reckon youd never catch up again 1 day at a party or something and just want to try it again for old time sake ..... sorry , im getting a bit too deep into it here now ... lol but do you know where im coming from . Smile

I had already been with all three women you're talking about I'm not saying I don't love them all. I'm saying that we are better friends than we were spouses. There's no desire to go back ... restart old marriages, etc. We're all in the same place with how we feel about it.

I am now married to JayBea who is severly disabled. She knows that I could renew these realtionships at will ... even has said it's ok. I won't do it for a number of reasons. I have never cheated on her, and even with her knowledge, I refuse to do it now.

Anon
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 05:40 pm
Well pencil me in the club.

I'm not allowed to tell anyone, but I don't know you people, so at least can tell the tale here.

This girl. She's absolutely drop dead gorgeous: petite, dark hair/skin, D's, perfect ass, ect. Every time we're out in a group you just hear the guys talk about how hot she is.

I met her for the first time last summer, and I was pretty much an ass to her. Told her we can't be friends, because I'm too self-centered and would just use her for sex. Of course I say this half-joking.

I've hung out with her here and there, and she lives really close to me. Yesterday I called her up and told her I was picking her up, and we were going drinking. Met out with a group of my friends at a bar.

We're at the bar, talking about sex, and threesomes, and she throws out that she would do a three-way with me and another woman. While I'm still in shock, she asks me "what if...IF...we were to have a little...arrangement. Would you tell anyone?" I got her out of the bar as fast as I possibly could.

You see, she hooks up with one of my good friends sometimes, who is in a miserable relationship. He'd probably be a little pissed if he found out we were sleeping together. Plus I'm kind of friends with her brother, and she's part of a huge circle of friends. So we can't tell anyone.

Long story short, since last night and today we had sex probably 10 times. Awesome, hot, sex. And we're "hanging out" tomorrow night too. We'll see where it goes...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 05:47 pm
I dunno, Slappy, it sounds like you could be getting into a secret relationship as easily as you're getting a new f-buddy. I think on this one, time will tell.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:02 pm
yeah, i agree with littlek.

Did the threesome transpire?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:16 pm
We both agreed no attachement. She said there's a possibility she could get attached, but we are both ok with sleeping with other people. I really don't think she will. And I don't get attached easily at all.

No threesome last night. I'd have to find another very hot girl for that...she's picky.

F@CK! This is the third or fourth time I've been with a woman who would do it, but can't find the third.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:19 pm
aww...disappointing. May your dreams come true, and watch yourself. Smile
0 Replies