On the myth of "Friends with Benefits"

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:34 pm
Does such a thing exist? Have you had your own experiences with a "friend"? Ladies would you do it? Guys?

There are endless questions on the subject. Even I, of all people, can't make a jibe at this one, I seriously wanna know: Is there such a thing?

Any thoughts on the myth (or is it a myth?) of the allusive "friends with benefits"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,607 • Replies: 63
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:39 pm
Of course it exists.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:43 pm
Elaborate, I insist.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:52 pm
Sorry Crazy - past life - over it now.

However, if it helps, consider the multitude of weird relationships that exist now the 'friends with benefits' is far from the fringe.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:54 pm
Friends with benefits is like a friend you also fool around with right?

Yesh. Hard to keep up over time tho
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:01 pm
is this what nimh just said , i hope not or ill have to skip this thread due to my problems listed a few threads back ... lol .
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:02 pm
Yes nimh was right. What are these problems you speak of?
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:06 pm
wots your situation CD , you married .

Mines simple , im married but want my wifes friend as well BBBAAAADDDD .... no touch zone in my situation as much as id love it .
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:07 pm
In my day it was called an f*** buddy. It's great unless one person starts to really like the other person or you find a different person that you really like and you want the f*** buddy to go away and he (or she) won't.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:08 pm
onthequiet wrote:
wots your situation CD , you married

No situation. Just very interested.
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:19 pm
ok , im actually on the wavelength now of exactly what you mean .

Heres my view .

Yes , it will be all good at the start , it will be like a new toy you can just go out and use for your own pleasure BUT.... in time , emotions will become stronger and imho this is innevitable ( scuse the spelling ) , now this is going to go 2 ways , 1 , you will become attached and it is going to be such a massive kick in the guts when he tells you hes met somone or 2 you will find someone , kick him in the guts and theres your stalker . Could even go into situation 3 , you both rely on this form of sexual companionship and actually be scared off from doing others .

Just my opinion but i think it may bring trouble unless you are both willing to commit to each other as a couple .

Hope it all made sense and also CD , i havnt been on this forum long enough to know you so im not sure of your sexuality , if your Male then reverse the scenarios and im sure you will be the stalker if she finds someone .
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:22 pm
Sure it exists.

I had a great F-buddy setup once. She was a stewardess from out of state, and would call me when she was coming to town.

Other than that, my f-buddies were just women I would have sex with, but didn't want to date.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:24 pm
Of course it exists. No myth. But rarely successful. Sooner or later, one is going to care more than the other or one of you will meet someone new and it will get messy and ugly and not only have you lost a lover, you've also lost a friend and, as stated above, gained a stalker.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:33 pm
I don't have direct experience with it, but I've seen it work.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:35 pm
Actually, I couldn't believe how the stewardess thing ended. I was 23, she was 36. Obviously no shot of anything more than what it was. I casually told her over the phone how I SPOKE with my ex-girlfriend, and we were going to meet up. Stewardess never called me back and didn't return a couple of phone calls.

So yes, I agree someone is going to get emotionally involved if it lasts long enough.
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:44 pm
even the strongest can get cought out slappy , just 1 thing you start liking bout them and bang , its all over and theres the emotions .

I know a girl who used to do this and her emotion was over penis size apparently shes infactuated with it and him even after 4 years of calling it quits or so hence why i know where it leads and i know the strongest people can fall .
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:59 am
sozobe wrote:
I don't have direct experience with it, but I've seen it work.

What do you mean?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:01 am
Soz isn't very active in treesomes, just sits back and watches.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:10 am
tried it, worked for a little bit, but didn't work long term. don't think i can handle it long term. at some point emotion gets in the way.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:49 am
Pttthhht.

I mean I have friends who told me about it, and it seemed to work for them.

Can only think of one that was completely mutual from start to finish -- the other ones worked well for a while and then got unbalanced. (One wanting more than the other did.)
0 Replies