dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:12 pm
not yet, or Hitler.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:27 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I didn't realize that making petty stabs at the current administration was important to her life. That, too, is good to know.

the unvarnished truth is never petty....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:09 pm
dyslexia wrote:
not yet, or Hitler.

or liberal professors...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:43 pm
It's funny to watch these right-wingers get their panties in a bunch about being called out in public. With the truth, no less. All they can do is flap their hands about 'impoliteness' and 'wrong place,' despite the fact that they were only echoing statements CSKing have made in the past.

It's funnier to watch it progress - from a comment I saw on FireDogLake:

Quote:
Jeff Greenfield on CNN this morning explained clearly how it worked. He pointed out that Drudge had the whining up on his website before the service was even finished. Hannity and Limbaugh then picked it up. Kate OBeirne then whined on MSNBC with Tweety. That's how the story was developed.
Mehlman and Rove are laughing all the way to the polls: "angry, disrespectful Democrats trash dignified funeral!"

And that's how you go on the attack, every time, when you are attacked. It's exactly how these people operate.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:46 pm
do you think they can get away with it much longer ?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:49 pm
They never really have understood the power of the internet. When you leave a paper trail, it's a lot harder to get away with sh*t than it used to be.

And now there are so many people watching, working together online, disseminating information, gathering monies and efforts... it seems to me that it will be far more difficult in the near future to commit the sorts of crimes and deceptions that have gone on in the past.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:01 pm
I see. Any discussion providing a distinctly different point of view from that of the left is the equivalent of "whinning".

Noted.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:29 pm
Isn't "whinning" the sound that horses make?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:32 pm
that would be whinniing, FreeDuck.

(At least with Finnish horses)
0 Replies

chichan

Momma Angel wrote:
revel,

Well, you just made one heck of a point. Call me a pot or kettle. Man, what a wake up call! Thanx! Laughing

I'm now at page 3. It seems Momma Angel is able to apply critical thinking skills.

Dollars to donuts, by the time I get to page 7, McG will still be ranting his right wingnut talking points.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Thanks for clearing that up.
0 Replies

chichan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:34 pm
McGentrix wrote:
What?! You mean they talked about Reagan at his own funeral? The bastards.

Page 4; still no critical thinking has been applied.
0 Replies

chichan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:38 pm
woiyo wrote:
blatham wrote:
woiyo

I see you've decided to roll your eyes.

Now, first, let's get our history right here. As I understand the matter, the wiretapping of King was ordered and initiated by Hoover. Does someone have data that the orders for this came from Bobbie or JFK?

In any case, the FISA laws were put in place to correct previous egregious assaults on Americans' civil liberties particularly, as I understand it, during the Nixon White House period but also in light of what had gone on previously with the civil rights movement.

All of which, rather obviously, puts Bush in a rather tenuous legal and moral position, particularly at the funeral for King's widow.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This lack of critical thinking seems to infect only wingnuts. Why would that be? Confused
0 Replies

chichan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:39 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I didn't realize that making petty stabs at the current administration was important to her life. That, too, is good to know.

I can almost taste those donuts now.
0 Replies

chichan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:41 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I see. Any discussion providing a distinctly different point of view from that of the left is the equivalent of "whinning".

Noted.

Chocolate covered donuts please.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:30 pm
Hmmmm... I see chichan has decided to expound on my posts by.... ummm... basically repeating them? And you think that qualifies you to determine what is or isn't considered "critical thinking"? Laughing

Way to go! You should be extra proud of yourself for demonstrating your full knowledge of how to quote other people's posts. Way to go! Your contributions are appreciated.
0 Replies

chichan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 11:29 pm
God these donuts are good. Smile
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 07:28 am
woiyo wrote:
blatham wrote:
woiyo

I see you've decided to roll your eyes.

Now, first, let's get our history right here. As I understand the matter, the wiretapping of King was ordered and initiated by Hoover. Does someone have data that the orders for this came from Bobbie or JFK?

In any case, the FISA laws were put in place to correct previous egregious assaults on Americans' civil liberties particularly, as I understand it, during the Nixon White House period but also in light of what had gone on previously with the civil rights movement.

All of which, rather obviously, puts Bush in a rather tenuous legal and moral position, particularly at the funeral for King's widow.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

woiyo

You are playing a winner/loser game. Can you tell which side you are on right now?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 07:38 am
McGentrix wrote:

Noted.

That's what you call it, when it comes from the other direction. Poor McGentrix. You can have your toy when you decide to use your nice voice....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 07:45 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It's funny to watch these right-wingers get their panties in a bunch about being called out in public. With the truth, no less. All they can do is flap their hands about 'impoliteness' and 'wrong place,' despite the fact that they were only echoing statements CSKing have made in the past.

It's funnier to watch it progress - from a comment I saw on FireDogLake:

Quote:
Jeff Greenfield on CNN this morning explained clearly how it worked. He pointed out that Drudge had the whining up on his website before the service was even finished. Hannity and Limbaugh then picked it up. Kate OBeirne then whined on MSNBC with Tweety. That's how the story was developed.
Mehlman and Rove are laughing all the way to the polls: "angry, disrespectful Democrats trash dignified funeral!"

And that's how you go on the attack, every time, when you are attacked. It's exactly how these people operate.

Cycloptichorn

I am referring to this Drewdad. Do you believe it's appropriate? aw, nevermind, of course you do, and so do so many of your bretheren. That's why you guys try to be so pithy. Keyword there: try.
0 Replies