woiyo

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:20 am
Mrs. King absolutely was turning over in her coffin in shame at how happy some attendees were that she died and gave them another 15 minutes of shame.

http://drudgereport.com/flash8.htm

""She extended Martin's message against poverty, racism and war. She deplored the terror inflicted by our smart bombs on missions way afar. We know now that there were no weapons of mass destruction over there," Lowery said"
""But Coretta knew, and we know," Lowery continued, "That there are weapons of misdirection right down here," he said, nodding his head toward the row of presidents past and present. "For war, billions more, but no more for the poor!" The crowd again cheered wildly."

Lovely, isn't it.

"Former President Jimmy Carter later swung at Bush as well, not once but twice. As he talked about the Kings, he said: "It was difficult for them then personally with the civil liberties of both husband and wife violated as they became the target of secret government wiretaps." The crowd cheered as Bush, under fire for a secret wiretapping program he ordered after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, again smiled weakly."

This comment was echoed by another shameful individual, Sen. Ted Kennedy. I wonder if Ted apologized to the King family for the actions taken by HIS BROTHERS!!

So, the former President, who was totally rejected by one of the largest landslide losses in history continues...

""This commerative cermony this morning, this afternoon, is not only to acknowledge the great contributions of Coretta and Martin, but to remind us that the struggle for equal rights is not over. We only have to recall the color of the faces of those in Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi," Carter said, the rest of his sentence drowned out by loud applause. "Those who were most devastated by [Hurricane] Katrina know that there are not yet equal opportunities for all Americans. It is our responsibility to continue their crusade."

Maybe NOW, Mrs. King can rest in peace.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 9,858 • Replies: 239
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:52 am
Politicise a dead woman who breathed the political process? Baloney. Also, bologna.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:09 am
Stale baloney, too.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:17 am
I think

A: this is the type of thing Coretta would have liked and approved of.

B: The people who made the statements actually knew her personally...something bush damn sure can't say....

C: bush and bushco have dug their own graves(metaphorically, I don't need any black helicopters at my house) as far as being left wide open for whatever nasty remarks they find themselves on the receiving end of. No difference between this and the fact that the right never misses any opportunity to slam a Clinton.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:22 am
Damned uppity blacks, gettin' political and forgettin' their places and speakin' out against the white folks runnin' the plantation and causin' trouble again.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:24 am
Someone contact Simon Legree.

Quickly!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:32 am
Quote:
Politicize a Dead Woman

yes, she was known to be totally un-politically.

The bear et. al. gave already the right comments.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:33 am
So did you, Walter. We're on a roll here!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:34 am
The woman wasn't "turning in her grave", she was dancing in it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:31 am
Again, Boortz sums up my thoughts nicely

BOORISH, IGNORANT BEHAVIOR

Was it a funeral? Or was it a political rally? Sadly, both. No .. I didn't watch it. It's hard to watch television when you're under general anesthesia. But I did manage to listen to some sound clips and watch a bit of video [view Lowery and presidents] yesterday evening. It looks like there were some old leftist warhorses at the Coretta Scott King funeral yesterday who were determined to use the occasion to get in some shots against President Bush. In today's politics, that wasn't surprising. You do remember the Paul Wellstone funeral in Minnesota, don't you? The 2002 memorial service turned into a full-fledged campaign rally for Walter Mondale who was running against Republican Norm Colman for Wellstone's seat. Republicans at this memorial service, Trent Lott, for instance, were booed by the crowd. Some pundits believe that this memorial-service-turned-political-rally had much to do with the Democrats miserable performance in the 2002 mid-term elections.

This repugnant behavior was to be expected out of Joseph Lowery. He chose the occasion of the funeral of the widow of Martin Luther King Jr. to announce that we found no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Never mind that Lowery is wrong. He's often wrong. For Lowery, the race baiting and liberal dogma always comes before fact and logic. He didn't measure up as President of King's SCLC, and he didn't measure up to the task of being a gentleman and honoring Coretta Scott King yesterday.

Then there was Jimmy Carter. Some people refer to Carter as "America's best ex-president." Well, if you want to consider his empowerment of people like Kim Jong Ill and Hugo Chavez as good for America, then you may have a point. If measuring the worth of a former president consists of measuring his affection for the world's dictators, then Carter is indeed one of the best. Carter used the occasion of this funeral to take a jab at bush over the NSA wiretaps. Carter has declared them to be illegal. Now he's a judge and a legal scholar. Carter brought up the fact that the FBI wiretapped Martin Luther King. He didn't mention that this happened under Democratic administrations. He also failed to mention that it was under a Democratic institution that tapes of those wiretaps, tapes purportedly showing instances of MLK's infidelities, were surreptitiously sent to his wife.

President Bush knew that this would happen when he went to the funeral. He knew that Democrats and liberals would use an overwhelmingly friendly audience to take their shots. He showed great dignity in sitting there and taking it all in stride. Bush stood tall, Lowery and Carter stooped low.

This, then, seems to be the new standard for funerals and memorial services for liberal icons. The TV cameras will be there. Millions will be watching, and emotions will be raw. What a great time to get in some political digs! Both Joseph Lowery and Jimmy Carter should be ashamed. Sadly, they don't have the class to understand that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:34 am
Boortz is merely interested in stirring up the masses for money... works too, obviously.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:34 am
McGentrix wrote:
Again, Boortz sums up my thoughts nicely.

So you didn't watch it like him as well.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:35 am
Isn't this really all about common decency and what is appropriate behavior at a funeral? I thought it was but I'm seeing it's becoming more than that.

Wasn't her funeral supposed to be about HER? Not about politics? Not about the war? Not about wire taps? I don't think Mrs. King's funeral was the appropriate venue for these issues.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:46 am
It was about her and people who ACTUALLY KNEW her well interjected, based on their acquaintance with and personal knowledge of her, a few statements about how she would feel if she were here and how she did feel when alive.

Now the bushco right or wrong crowd are whining like little girls. Boo hoo.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:51 am
Momma Angel wrote:
I don't think Mrs. King's funeral was the appropriate venue for these issues.

I don't think you've ask Mrs King about her opinion, correct?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:57 am
Walter,

I really don't think comments about how Hilary might be a future president, or comments about wire tapes or the war, etc., were necessary. I, of course, do not know the intent behind these comments. I just found a few of the comments to be insensitive to the occasion.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:58 am
I'm guessing that just because her life was all about politics, some member of her family should have just spoken about the great cookies she baked.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:02 am
dyslexia wrote:
I'm guessing that just because her life was all about politics, some member of her family should have just spoken about the great cookies she baked.

that would be at a republican woman's funeral oh excuse me a republican LITTLE woman's funeral....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:15 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Walter,

I really don't think comments about how Hilary might be a future president, or comments about wire tapes or the war, etc., were necessary. I, of course, do not know the intent behind these comments. I just found a few of the comments to be insensitive to the occasion.

You see, my experiences re funerals are only with Catholic and Evangelical (Protestant) church funerals and non-church related ones in Europe.

And nearly every time, you'll find someone who didn't like that funeral. But it has been never the one in the tomb or her/his relatives/friends who did so ... and who ordered the funeral.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:19 am
Walter,

Guess that's the difference, I've never been to a funeral where I can remember anyone actually saying they didn't like the funeral (not that anyone likes funerals). I haven't been to all that many, mind you. The last one I attended was my father's in 1988.

I'm from the old school. You just don't discuss certain things at certain events. Things change.
0 Replies