Bush supporters' aftermath thread II

JTT

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 05:58 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Could you guys go find another thread to post your garbage?

Calling the truth 'garbage' indicates how deeply, abysmally delusional you are, McG.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 06:05 pm
About 450 terrorism suspects, most of them captured in Afghanistan and none of them in the U.S., are being held by military authorities at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Ten have been charged with crimes.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 06:06 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

In my opinion, those who have nothing good at all to say about the President--in other words those who refuse to support him in anything--are far more liar and have far less credibility by posting on this thread than anything Ann Coulter has ever exaggerated or misrepresented via satire.

I'm certain that there are many good things that can be said about Bush, although none come immediately to mind, but the plain truth is that he has so badly screwed up everything and these are the things that get discussed.

You've just missed those times when Dys, Walter, Blatham and others have posted 'good' things about George, 'cause the bad things so heavily outweigh the good.

There are dozens of Bush bashing threads out there. This one is for those who can now and then find something good to say about the current Administration/Congress etc.

"now and then", what hilarity! You're a bunch of non-thinking sycophants, sheeple, unable to critically assess just how badly this government has messed up.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 06:11 pm
Quote:

Rep. Tim Ryan Blasts the Administration's Iraq Record

[rough transcript]

Let's be honest here, Mr. Speaker, this is a joke, OK?

Because this is about 84% of Americans saying that we're losing the war in Iraq. This is about all of these generals that we've been showing night in and night out saying there's no plan to get out of here; there was a bad plan to get in; there was a bad plan to start with; and there was no plan; bad information; bad intelligence; nothing was right. Look back at everything they said about using the oil for reconstruction money; about being greeted as liberators; about all of this nonsense that we heard before.

This is an opportunity for this administration, Mr. Meek, to try to change the subject. And all of a sudden, we're talking about a few political prisoners-and it has enormous ramifications-but the bottom line is this: this administration wants to talk about anything but the war or the economy.

They want to change the subject when they get a chance to and now we've got this debate about military prisoners and I'm not saying that it's not important, but my God, you got millions of people living in poverty. You got seniors and you threaten them with their Medicare. And you have 40 million people without health insurance. You have stagnant wages. You have gas prices going up, you have health care going up, you have tuition going up, you have poverty rates going up and you have veterans' benefits going down. And you want to talk about this little sliver to change the subject?

And you're coming up with new phrases again, fascism and all of this stuff. $8.4 billion per month; $1.9 billion per week in Iraq; $275 million per day in Iraq; $11.5 million per hour in Iraq. If this is the legacy of the Bush administration, you know what? If I was in the White House, I wouldn't want that talk about this either.

Video available at,

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/09/21/rep-tim-ryan-blasts-the-administrations-iraq-record/#more-10427
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 06:50 pm
Thomas wrote:
And what I'm proposing is that there be clarity in the law so that our professional posters will have no doubt

What????

Are you even suggesting that some posters here are receiving remuneration for posting here?

I'm absolutely devasted at the mere thought.

I've always taken it as an article of faith that all of us were just plain folks who put ourselves and our own ideas into every post........
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:56 pm
dyslexia wrote:
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Why didn't you post the whole rule, Walter?

Quote:
...or deliberately disrupt topics with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or "spam."

This is the Bush Supporters thread. Posters here have repeatedly "spammed" the thread with the purpose of "deliberately disrupt(ing)" the topic. McG kindly asked that they desist and they refuse. Next time, why don't you get your rule book out for them as well.

I suppose this applies to posters such as SierraSong or Ticomaya as well as others from the "far side" on such topics supporting left or democrats? or not?

Of course it does. And I defy you to show me just one instance where I've done that, dys.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:02 pm
dyslexia wrote:
okie wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - A national black Republican group is running a radio advertisement accusing Democrats of starting the Ku Klux Klan and saying the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican, a claim challenged by civil-rights researchers.

Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, the black Republican nominee for Maryland's open Senate seat, disavowed the ad Thursday as "insulting to Marylanders". He said his campaign asked the Washington-based National Black Republican Association to stop running it.

At an event in Baltimore, Steele said, "I don't know exactly what the intent of the ad was" but that "it's not helpful to the public discourse."

If you want to see viscousness, witness liberal blacks attack conservative blacks, so turnabout may be part of the equation here, but I think it is undeniable that some of the biggest segregationists were southern Democrats, and I would not be surprised if many of them were important movers and shakers of the KKK in its heyday. Hey, even Senator Byrd has a history of some involvement in the KKK in his past, and he is still a vaunted spokesman and powerbroker of the Democratic Party.

You are obviously ignorant of reality and history, the dixiecrats left the democrat party with the nomination of H S Truman (who supported integration) and became true to themselves Republicans and or American Independent Party) and yes, of course, they were often members of the KKK just as their republican brethren. If you really want to see viscousness visit your county or state Republican party strategy meetings.

Before responding, yes I plead guilty to not checking my spelling; it is vicious, not viscous, I knew something did not look right, but concerning the subject here, dyslexia and others should read the following:

http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/pcism/sad_history.htm

I couldn't agree more, and the Democrats shiver in their boots at the prospect that more and more blacks might just wake up to the fact at how they've been used and "kept on the plantation" by their beloved Democratic Party and their own race hustlers like Jesse Jackson and friends.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:55 pm
Stradee told us how McCain, Graham and Warner have betrayed the people of the USA and worse of all, future US troops that may be captured by an enemy in subsequent wars, by capitulating to the demands of the neanderthals. It appears that not only has torture been redefined, but that the prisoners will not have the right to see the evidence gathered against them since it is classified. This is a real assault against the Geneva Convention and another stain on the rule of George W, Bush!
0 Replies

mrcool011

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 11:23 pm
MarionT wrote:
Stradee told us how McCain, Graham and Warner have betrayed the people of the USA and worse of all, future US troops that may be captured by an enemy in subsequent wars, by capitulating to the demands of the neanderthals. It appears that not only has torture been redefined, but that the prisoners will not have the right to see the evidence gathered against them since it is classified. This is a real assault against the Geneva Convention and another stain on the rule of George W, Bush!

What Bush wants is not torture. It would be like calling a cold lung cancer.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 11:37 pm
What about what Bush has admitted to--having a prisoner in a freezing room for days. Isn't that torture?
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 11:39 pm
mrcool011 wrote:
MarionT wrote:

Oh boy. Rolling Eyes Like Bushie says, we needs to join the solar system!!
mruncool, you are a bona fide sheeple. Congrats.
0 Replies

mrcool011

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 12:44 am
pachelbel wrote:
mrcool011 wrote:
MarionT wrote:

Oh boy. Rolling Eyes Like Bushie says, we needs to join the solar system!!
mruncool, you are a bona fide sheeple. Congrats.

Yes, we revert to childish insults.... Rolling Eyes

Contrary to what you think, im not a republican nor do i support Bush. I call it how i see it not based on a party. Thus i am no ones sheep. I did not vote for bush nor would i ever. But i do know one thing, that is not torture.

You are the sheep who blindy follows one idea. :wink:
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 04:36 am
mrcool wrote:
Quote:
I did not vote for bush nor would i ever. But i do know one thing, that is not torture.

Two questions for you.

First, why would you never vote for Bush?

Second, how would you define/recognize "torture"?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 04:42 am
And a helpful tip to all...

Marion appears to be a five-eyed slutosaur from the Alpha Centauri system, specifically, the reeking fourth planet Bernardagattos.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 04:51 am
Yeah, I picked up on that. Unbelievable, huh?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:23 am
blatham wrote:
And a helpful tip to all...

Marion appears to be a five-eyed slutosaur from the Alpha Centauri system, specifically, the reeking fourth planet Bernardagattos.

snood wrote:
Yeah, I picked up on that. Unbelievable, huh?

Huh? I think you may not have picked up on that correctly.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:44 am
"Quote Ticomaya"
Huh? I think you may not have picked up on that correctly

"End of quote"
-----
I am afraid, Mr. Ticomaya hasn't followed that over the time.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:46 am
tico

Certainty at 85%. Typical first clue...starts off writing awkwardly with syntax or spelling errors but within a couple of days, the grammer smooths out. At about one week (not quite there yet) out a'bursting comes "I am much afraid" and "the esteemed jurist Posner" and "I pee on Canada".

(I got the heads-up from another and I think timber noted it first)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 08:40 am
Isn't Timber a mod? Would not 'outing' the identity of a member violate mod rules or something?

The one reason some of us appreciate this thread when the trolls aren't roaming is that it could be used to actually discuss issues, happenings, etc. among those who don't see the President as the devil incarnate and who can see both the good and the bad where it exists. We are tired of of threads dealing in insults and personal slurs of the type that is typical of most (not all, just most) of the Democrat/leftists posting on this thread.

Serious discussion all sides of an issue is appropriate and appreciated and disagreement that includes civility is a good thing. But the constant red herrings, spamming with inappropriate material, ad hominems, and personal attacks on people is not. .

Those who insist on doing that are rude, unkind, and sadly appear to be quite typical of the group they represent. I think they deserve neither response nor respect.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 08:45 am
See here also:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83161
0 Replies