Experts Claim Official 9-11 Story is a Hoax ! FINALLY!

nimh

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:36 am
Amigo wrote:
I remember when global warming was a conspiracy theory, or the Kennedy assassination, or the 2004 election, or the WMD intelligence.

Question The global warming theory came forth from concrete sicentific data from the start, not just with a set of speculative open questions.

Amigo wrote:
Opinions are like as$holes. The best disputes of conspiracy theories come from the conspiracy theorist themselves. The skeptics, like the some on this thread, usually only have something stupid to say.

Conspiracy theorist are not losing credibility their gaining it.

How quickly would this place go to hell without the Americans who question authority? It wouldn't even exist.

"Trust the government" would or will be the end of America.

And again we get a general rant with commonplaces and nonsequiturs in response to repeated explanations of how it was measured that an explosion did not happen, how it is possible for the building to have collapsed all at once, in response to clarifications on seismic measures, the construction of the building, the finding of specific pieces of debris from the Pentagon plane, etc etc.

Facts and findings are presented to the conspiracist's open questions, but they are never addressed by the conspiracists who asked them. Instead we eventually get some general, rhetorical assertions about where America would be without questioning authority. Yeah, you've got to question authority. The effectiveness of your questions meanwhile will greatly increase if you are willing to address the specifics of your questions or assertions, if you are willing to submit your own assumptions to the scurtiny of reviewing evidence and discussing specifics as well.

Mere opinions are like as$holes; opinions argued, questioned and verified through reviewing and discussing the evidence, however, actually have some value.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:36 am
Farmerman said it better and pithier again..
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:21 am
For every one scientific fact there are thousands of anti-facts oozing through cyberspace, concocted by those who are never going to be satisfied with the most overwhelming evidence. The conspiracy theory of Kennedy's assassination ends up being only opinion with no real empirical or at least extremely weak evidence (other than "JFK") that there was more than one shooter.

The 2004 election is still a good one for skepticism but the fats in the fire on that one thanks to the SOTU. It was clear that the WMD was false intelligence used as propaganda nearly from the beginning. Our Spartan Republic has a habit of looking the other way.

The jets flying into those buildings and into the Pentagon has anomalies but the conspiracy theorists can't plug up the holes with garbage.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:25 am
yeah re: global warming i know A LOT of people who say they don't believe in it at all. umm what??!!! just like this administration's new vocab - i.e. climate change, not global warming - just because we call it something else... sigh.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:29 am
That's the old shell game -- which shell has the pea under it? Politicians do practice some pretty cheap "magic tricks" to divert one's attention away from what they are actually doing. That doesn't always spell out a conspiracy theory, however, but a dishonest method of communication. The politicians, in effect, do spawn these conspiracy theories because of their double speak.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:30 am
Here's the NOVA special "Why the Towers Fell:"

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:14 am
Well, I think given the unquestioning support Bush Sr. gave to Nixon throughout Watergate and the same to Reagan throught Iran-Contra, I'm not going to be too surprised by anything that history reveals about Bush Jr.
Conservatives often worry that gay parents will yield gay offspring, but never question what corrupt values morally bankrupt parents pass onto their children.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:38 am
Shocked
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:00 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
For every one scientific fact there are thousands of anti-facts oozing through cyberspace,
Thank God we have cyberspace to keep those facts and anti-facts from coming into physical contact with each other.

If we could harness them however. Imagine the power of an anti-fact reactor. All of our power worries would be over.

The new slogan for the new century -

Save the Environment, Carpool with a conspiracy nut
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:06 pm
Hey, not that it's impossible to glean some thread of truth out of even the most ridiculous premise -- it is still "where there is smoke, there is fire." However, one has to make sure the fire is for real.
I think these writers are using the effect of exaggeration and flaunting the law of attrition -- tell a lie often enough and some inevitably end up believing it.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:23 pm
Magginkat wrote:
Amigo, these jokers think that just because they declare something to be debunked that it's truly debunked.

Not true. I think most of it is still pretty much all bunk.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:31 pm
Mags,
Its time to fish or cut bait!!!!!

Do you have any proof at all that
1. The president was in any way involved with the 9/11 attacks

2. The WTC was destroyed by preplanted explosives

3.The WTC collapsed because the govt destroyed it

4.That burning aircraft fuel cant get hot enough to weaken steel

Dont give us your wacko theories,but please show proof that your wacko theories are correct.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:36 pm
I wonder if the Insurance Companies missed all that Information that Maggie touts and paid the billion dollar claim in error?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:40 pm
The NOVA special explains satisfactorily how and why the steel failed. It didn't have to melt into metal lava. If one has closed their mind to the rebuttal information, they can go through life worrying about our government, Republican or Democrat, purposefully destroying buildings and killing people. Why not put all this effort into what is going on in Iraq? Now there you would have a point.

NOVA, BTW, is over 90% funded by liberal interests.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:42 pm
Maggie still didn't answer my question about how all those people are being kept silent.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:42 pm
They've all been done away with? Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:43 pm
She's waiting for instructions from the mothership. That tinfoil hat just doesn't have the reception it used to.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:46 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Maggie still didn't answer my question about how all those people are being kept silent.

She wont,just like she wont answer mine.
If she does respond,it will be either attacking you for being a Bush shill,try to insult you by calling you names,or she will just ignore what you said like it never happened.
Over the years,those methods have become her standard fare for dealing with people that disagree with her.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:48 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

She wont,just like she wont answer mine.
If she does respond,it will be either attacking you for being a Bush shill,try to insult you by calling you names,or she will just ignore what you said like it never happened.
Over the years,those methods have become her standard fare for dealing with people that disagree with her.

Which is really sad since I told her I'd consider her wack-job ideas if she'd just answer that one little question.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 05:35 pm
Scholars for 9/11 Truth, Who are we?

Scholars for 9/11 Truth" (s9/11t) is a non-partisan association of faculty, students, and scholars, in fields as diverse as history, science, military affairs, psychlogy. and philosophy, dedicated to exposing falshoods and to revealing truths behind 9/11.

The members of S9/11T are encouraged to take an active role by devoting themselves to reporting the results of research on 9/11 to the nation and the world by means of lectures, articles, and other venues.

S9/11T members are convinced their reseach proves the current administration hes been dishonest about what happened in New York and Washington, D.C.

These experts contend that books and articles by memebers and other associates have established that the World Trade Center was almost certainly brought down by controlled demolitions and that the available relevant evidence casts grave doubt on the government's official story about the attack on the Pentagon.

They believe that the government not only permitted 9/11 to occur but may have orchestrated these events to facilitate it's political agenda.

S9/11T encourages its members to vigorously express their concerns on this score through lectures, conferences, symposia, articles, and books as well as other access routes that publicize ther findings.

Founded by professors Jim Fetzer and Steven Jones, S9/11T is devoted to applying the principles of scientific reasoning to the available evidence,
"letting the chips fall where they may".

Currently, S9/11T has three categories of members: full members (fm), who have or hade academic appointments or the equivalent; associate members (AM), who have backrounds and interests relevant to 9/11 research; and student members (SM), who are concerned about these issues and want to pursue them; as follows:

Victoria Ashley (AM)

Architecture and physiological
psychology, www.911research.wtc7.net

Robert M Bowman (FM)

Former Director of the U.S. "Star Wars"
Space Defence Program in both Republican and Democratic
administrations, and a former Air Force
Lieutenant Colonel with 101 combat
missions

Len Bracken (AM)

Credentialed Journalist
Graduate of GWU's Elliott School of