Losing Baby Teeth

Linkat

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:23 pm
My daugther has a wiggly tooth! She is the last kid in her class to lose a tooth. My question is how long does it take to lose this tooth once it starts wiggling? The tooth fairy needs to be prepared with hard cold cash.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,141 • Replies: 52
No top replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:54 pm
I think it depends on how much they play with it with their tongue. One of my girls was sort of scared and kept her tongue away from it. It took weeks (or so it seemed). The other one was excited and pushed and wiggled it like mad. It came out in a couple days.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:13 pm
I tried to have her let me pull it and suggested tying a string with the door thing - she was too frightened - this may be a multi-weeker thing.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:21 pm
I'm not knocking enterprise and individual courage, but some kids dissolve roots faster than others. Until the root is gone, the tooth will not wiggle out painlessly.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:38 pm
True, Noddy. I recall one of K's tooth popping out as a traumatic event. She had a slightly loose front tooth and was sucking on a sucker in a lipstick-type tube that you would twist up to get more out. She had it partially up was sucking on it when it pulled out the rest of the way on it's own. It smacked into her front tooth - goodbye tooth, lots of blood and mayhem. Fortunately it was a baby tooth and already loose, but I wondered if the force of it might have damaged a permanent tooth.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 06:04 pm
A record - it is still loose not coming out and it has been two weeks!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 06:08 pm
Sozlet's best friend just lost hers and it was noticeably loose at Christmastime -- both of sozlet's own bottom teeth are loose, have been for about a week without much progress noted.

We'll see!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:04 pm
Linkat--

Loyalty to body parts (with the exception of extra fat cells) is no bad thing.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:25 pm
linkat wrote:

Hardly, linkat. I have a whole shitload of loose teeth. Some of them have been loose for years without falling out. Sometimes I get annoyed and pull them out with a channel-locks but mostly I just let them swing in the cavernous black hole that is my mouth.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:59 pm
Linkat wrote:

When my daughter's tooth got loose, I wrapped a dental floss around
it, tied it together and pulled. So far, every tooth has come off
very easy that way. We have more to go......
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:08 pm
Why did you do that, Jane?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:16 pm
Because,dear gustav, I was only points away from getting
the rotten-mother-of-the-year award, and I wanted it so
badly.

Now I have gotten the award two yeas in a row.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:19 pm
Do the lambs still scream, Clarice?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:27 pm
Nope, my dreams are of other nature.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 04:36 pm
There is one teacher at my daughter's school that is very skilled at removing loose teeth at least that is what I was told. I told my daughter to go see her - however, my daughter is a wimp and wouldn't allow anyone to pull it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:03 pm
O-K I posted this over a month ago and still that stubborn tooth hasn't come free. Instead the other front tooth is loose.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:11 pm
Try giving her an apple to bite into. Often the lose tooth will just get stuck in it and come out quickly.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:19 pm
Linkat, if this is the highly sensitive child, then it might take a lot longer yet. Eventually, the roots will be adsorbed and it will fall out, but if she's babying it and doing things like biting with her side teeth then it's going to take awhile. As long as she's eating well and has regular dental checkups then I don't think there's any reason for concern.

How long before she has a dental checkup?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:29 pm
Actually she was just at the dentists two weeks ago. They weren't concerned - I just want the damn thing out. I have been saving those gold dollar coins things so I could use them just for this occassion.

Yes she is a sensitive child. I keep telling her to go visit that teacher that loves to pull kids teeth, but she is too much a wimp to do that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:34 pm
Meanwhile, since you first posted this, two of sozlet's teeth are loose -- one VERY loose, looks poised to come out soon I think.

It'll come out eventually, don't worry! :-)
0 Replies