Losing Baby Teeth

Green Witch

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:58 pm
Don't worry Linkat, it's not like they will still be hanging there when she goes to college.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:06 pm
Yes, it is her very first tooth to come out, so naturally she's
apprehensive, Linkat. With every following tooth it will be
easier, trust me!.

My daughter just came last week, and asked me to take out
one loose tooth. It was bothering her and she knows now
it doesn't hurt, when we use the dental floss.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 02:01 pm
Linkat--

Schedule some sort of momentous occasion--with pictures--for next week and I guarantee your daughter will be immortalized with No Front Teeth.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:17 pm
At least she already had her pictures for school. I do think she would look cute with both her front teeth out though.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 03:09 pm
OK I posted this on January 28th and she still hasn't lost a tooth. It is now May 15th . It has been four months!!! Both her front teeth are wiggly. Is there something wrong with her? I have threatened to punch her in the mouth to help out, however, she isn't keen on that. Perhaps I will offer up CJs suggestion with the dental floss - not sure it will fly though - maybe while she is asleep.

This morning however, she bit into something and her tooth started gushing blood - I think it is just a matter of days now. Perhaps her little accident of falling face first onto the cement loosen this tooth as the more recent loose tooth is the most wiggly now. Any other ideas? Maybe less painful than I suggested.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 03:13 pm
Us too! Front bottom teeth still wiggly, still there.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 03:16 pm
Let's have a contest - which child will lose her tooth first. Mine should win she is seven and a half for the love of Pete!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 03:20 pm
Heehee, you're on!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 03:30 pm
OK - I plan on winning...

http://images.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/IMZ/IMZ124/pgi0040.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 03:48 pm
The dental floss is very gentle, Linkat, she won't feel anything.

Well, gooff luck you ffoo
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 03:55 pm
I'm just gonna let 'em drop out when they drop out so I/ we are prolly going to lose this one...

She has a dentist's appt in a couple of weeks, I'll ask 'em about all of this and let you know what they say.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:10 am
OK I tried the dental floss thing, but the floss kept slipping off the tooth as I pulled. I did notice that her tooth on one side is not connected any more so I think this is going to happen soon any way.

CJ as I am medically illiterate do you know how to prevent the floss from slipping off? I think I could have had it if this didn't happen.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:22 am
Gus had the solution on page one... channel-locks.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:25 am
Hot glue?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:26 am
Hammer and punch?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 11:13 am
Linkat wrote:
CJ as I am medically illiterate do you know how to prevent the floss from slipping off? I think I could have had it if this didn't happen.

Linkat, this happened to me as well the first times I tried. Then I
wrapped the floss around the tooth in question, pushed it high up towards
the gum and tied a knot (once). Then I pulled at the strings and the
tooth just slid off very easily.

My dentist whose daughter is the same age as mine, uses the same
technique. It's the least painful.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 11:17 am
Cool - if her tooth hasn't fallen out today - I'll have to try the technique. If a dentist uses it I guess it has to be the best method.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 11:08 am
Yeah - that techique works well. The problem it appears, although it is very loose and twisty, that there is some strong root still holding on. I tried to yank it gently and it didn't work. I was afraid to pull much harder as it seems in the center it is still firmly attached.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:45 am
The Tooth is finally gone!!! This Monday in after school a little boy in her class pulled it out for her. He told her he had pulled out his own tooth so she let him try and voila no more tooth!

The toothfairy gave her a gold dollar and some more change. The next day when she proudly showed off her missing tooth and her reward, one of her friends told her there was no such thing as the toothfairy that your parents left you money. (party pooper is what she is). When she told me about it - I said, but how would your parent get a gold coin?? She answered yeah that's what I thought too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:47 am
Aw...!

Sozlet's are still there (both lower ones are really wiggly), we're going to the dentist today and will see what they have to say about it.
0 Replies