CANADA'S NEW PRIME-MINISTER TELLS U.S. "TO BUTT OUT"

timberlandko

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:55 pm
Some Insight into the Canadian Legal Mind.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:56 pm
Nice Finn!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:57 pm
You can't compare the province of British Columbia with the resolve of the Candian government and the Canadian people.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:05 pm
Intrepid wrote:
You can't compare the province of British Columbia with the resolve of the Candian government and the Canadian people.

Huh? Was it in the link I didn't read?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:08 pm
If you didn't read the link, why are you commenting on it?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:11 pm
That may well be the very best question that anyone has ever asked on any internet forum!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:24 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:45 pm
Intrepid wrote:
If you didn't read the link, why are you commenting on it?

Duo idiocy.

I'm not commenting on the link, I am commenting on the posting.

Why is reason such a challenge to so many A2K posters?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:45 pm
Because you have a hard time displaying it.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:00 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Because you have a hard time displaying it.

At best, a lame retort; the equivalent of "So's your Old Man!"

Take a moment to actually consider the past few posts in this thread:

Intrepid: You can't compare the province of British Columbia with the resolve of the Canadian government and the Canadian people.

Finn: Huh? Was it in the link I didn't read?

Intrepid: If you didn't read the link, why are you commenting on it?

Chumly: That may well be the very best question that anyone has ever asked on any internet forum!

Intrepid: " Smile "

Clearly the "Huh" related to Intrepid's comment, not the link.

Intrepid's following question is ridiculous, and Chumly's endorsement is moronic. The ensuing emoticon is expected.

This is a classic example of a flawed feedback loop.

Given the inability of Intrepid and Chumly to appreciate, heretofore, logic, it is unlikely that they will be persuaded by the foregoing. Nevertheless it is hoped that there may be one or two rationalists who see "the light."
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:07 pm
You forgot about the part where you did not even read the link.

I can't speak for Chumly, but I fail to see the logic of which you speak. The light that you see may very well be the light at the end of the tunnel....however, the light is from the train that is coming straight through.

If the huh related to my comment then, you Sir, are the one with the lame retort. Enunciate exactly what you want to say. I will read slowly.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:24 pm
Intrepid wrote:
You forgot about the part where you did not even read the link.

I can't speak for Chumly, but I fail to see the logic of which you speak. The light that you see may very well be the light at the end of the tunnel....however, the light is from the train that is coming straight through.

If the huh related to my comment then, you Sir, are the one with the lame retort. Enunciate exactly what you want to say. I will read slowly.

I love William Shatner, and expect that he is not a real expression of Intrepid.

Intrepid, I've laid it out as plainly as I can.

Either you or I am an idiot.

I know I am not the idiot.

Figure it out or tell yourself I am the idiot.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:34 pm
Why should it be that one or the other must be an idiot - not to say such might not be the case, of course, but by what criteria must it involve only that range of outcome and be a zero-sum game?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:47 pm
Finn,
You, obviously, have a lower opinion of yourself than I do.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:48 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Why should it be that one or the other must be an idiot - not to say such might not be the case, of course, but by what criteria must it involve only that range of outcome and be a zero-sum game?

Oh noble eagle --- We are all God's Children - idiots, or not.

No matter how I try, it's tough to stay in the zone with you Timber.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:01 am
As usual, whenever Finn enters, conversation, reason and debate disappear.

Just because America wants something does not equate to the entire population of Canada rolling over and meekly letting the bullies to the south have whatever they want. Your little cutesie story, Finn, about stealing candy from a child is just about where America is. Bottom feeding bullies.

All in all, 10 pages have been used in telling Canada that America isn't interested in their NW Passage, but that if they were, well, we might as well let them have it......yeah sure......won't happen because there are other players in the game: Denmark, Russia, Norway.

You Americans have not got a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out, being as you are 900 billion in debt and have over 700 billion in trade deficit. You are in deep, deep doo-doo. Your military is stretched all over the globe, causing problems and hanging out where they aren't wanted. You don't have enough troops to try and take the NW Passage. And if you tried, I can imagine there will be a lot of RCMP to go through. Not to mention crazed Inuit with spears and pissed off lumberjacks with really big chainsaws.

RCMP kept ill-equipped Americans out of the Klondike Gold Rush by standing in snow along miles of frozen boreal forest. Many RCMP suffered frostbite, but they were firm in their conviction. The gold seekers did not get past the RCMP. (Did you know the Klondike is Canada BTW? Well, now you do. )

And don't talk to me about nationalism. America reeks nationalism; altho lately you haven't anything to be proud of. And haven't for quite some time.

I'll say it again: we have every right to defend what is ours. So, piss off, Onslow......
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:04 am
BTW I think it is very appropriate that America has, as its symbol, the bald eagle.

They feed off of the dead and dying and are considered scavengers.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:21 am
pachelbel wrote:

If that's the case than why bother flapping your gums? I'm A-OK for the clever insult but you've a long way to go Pachy.

Just because America wants something does not equate to the entire population of Canada rolling over and meekly letting the bullies to the south have whatever they want. Your little cutesie story, Finn, about stealing candy from a child is just about where America is. Bottom feeding bullies.

Who the hell cares what the entire population of Canada wants?

If and when the US comes to call, what will Canada do?

All in all, 10 pages have been used in telling Canada that America isn't interested in their NW Passage, but that if they were, well, we might as well let them have it......yeah sure......won't happen because there are other players in the game: Denmark, Russia, Norway.

You Americans have not got a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out, being as you are 900 billion in debt and have over 700 billion in trade deficit. You are in deep, deep doo-doo. Your military is stretched all over the globe, causing problems and hanging out where they aren't wanted. You don't have enough troops to try and take the NW Passage. And if you tried, I can imagine there will be a lot of RCMP to go through. Not to mention crazed Inuit with spears and pissed off lumberjacks with really big chainsaws.

RCMP kept ill-equipped Americans out of the Klondike Gold Rush by standing in snow along miles of frozen boreal forest. Many RCMP suffered frostbite, but they were firm in their conviction. The gold seekers did not get past the RCMP. (Did you know the Klondike is Canada BTW? Well, now you do. )

And don't talk to me about nationalism. America reeks nationalism; altho lately you haven't anything to be proud of. And haven't for quite some time.

I'll say it again: we have every right to defend what is ours. So, piss off, Onslow......

Who doesn't admire a Moosehead Rampant? Tell us to shove it up our American asses, and feel good about it, but when push comes to shove, we will get what we want, irrrespective of what you want. This argument is ridiculous. Canada cannot stand up to the US. You can get all jingo about the issue but it will not mean a rat's ass. Canada is a 2nd or (more probably) a 3rd tier nation. It doesn't mean you aren't a bunch of super swell people, but it does mean that the world could give a sh*t about what you think.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:33 am
[qoute]If and when the US comes to call, what will Canada do?[/qoute]

Ya might just find Canada has a few more friends than dear old aging uncle sam.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:38 am
pachelbel wrote:

Ya know, lots of times I would like to go down to Dallas and kick Finn's ass, but you can't accuse him of lack of reason, and he is quite capable of debate. I'm also finding that as much as I disagree with him on some things, I have to agree with him on others! Now that's quite a statement for me to make on Finn's behalf, because I usually make nothing but trouble for him.

I'm going to stop at that, but you might just want to back off a titch and look in the mirror. You're starting to get all red and puffy!

Anon
0 Replies