Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 11:01 pm
John Creasy wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Well, to an extent, I agree with MA. The primary responsibility is the woman's because it is her body. And that's precisely why nobody else should be able to decide whether or not she can have an abortion.

What about the father of the baby?? I'll tell you one thing, no wife or girlfriend of mine would EVER abort my baby.

They probably already have!!

Anon
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 11:08 pm
John Creasy,

how would you stop your girlfriend/wife from aborting
your baby?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 11:12 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
John Creasy,

your baby?

If it were me, and JC was the daddy, that sucker would be flushing down the toilet as we speak!!

Anon
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 11:25 pm
Don't be so harsh on him Anon, although he wishes to, he hasn't gotten a voice or vote in it anyway.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 12:56 am
John Creasy wrote:
Why does that matter?? If she didn't want to be with me, then I would take the baby if she didn't want it.

Married, unmarried, in love or not, I wouldn't allow MY baby to be aborted.

If it wasn't so serious, I woud be amused about such historic views of serfdom nowadays.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 01:34 am
John Creasy wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
no I meant that I would not allow a woman to abort MY baby. Remember, that is the man's baby also. It's not just the woman's.

would you then immediately marry the girlfriend, whether you were in love with her or not ?

what if she didn't want to marry you ?

what if she had no intention of being with you in any way, married or unmarried ?

Why does that matter?? If she didn't want to be with me, then I would take the baby if she didn't want it.

Married, unmarried, in love or not, I wouldn't allow MY baby to be aborted.

so, you have figured out a way to carry the pregnancy in your own body ?

that's the part we're talking about here. whether the fetus becomes a baby or not.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 01:37 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Don't be so harsh on him Anon, although he wishes to, he hasn't gotten a voice or vote in it anyway.

stimmt das, jana. :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 05:37 am
John Creasy wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Well, to an extent, I agree with MA. The primary responsibility is the woman's because it is her body. And that's precisely why nobody else should be able to decide whether or not she can have an abortion.

What about the father of the baby?? I'll tell you one thing, no wife or girlfriend of mine would EVER abort my baby.

Why don't you take it up with Momma Angel. If it's the woman's responsibility, no man can encroach on her unitary reproductive power. <snark>
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 05:39 am
CalamityJane wrote:

Are you kidding me?? The father has no vote??? Bullsh!t. That's a perfect example of feminism gone overboard.

You clowns think it's funny, but trust me, if that is MY baby in the womb, I would do whatever is necessary to stop her from killing it, laws be damned.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 05:40 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
John Creasy,

your baby?

If it were me, and JC was the daddy, that sucker would be flushing down the toilet as we speak!!

Anon

You'd be right behind it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:05 am
John Creasy wrote:

You clowns think it's funny, but trust me, if that is MY baby in the womb, I would do whatever is necessary to stop her from killing it, laws be damned.

I really like this strongly Christian, law oboeying, democratic answer.

<Why do I need prejudices when real life and real persons are even better?>
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:32 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
John Creasy wrote:

I really like this strongly Christian, law oboeying, democratic answer.

<Why do I need prejudices when real life and real persons are even better?>

Who said I was a Christian??

For the most part, I follow the law of the land. I don't think there is anybody that agrees with all laws and if it came down to it, my principles as a man can differ from the stated law. In extreme cases, I don't rule out choosing my principles over the law.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:34 am
What I said: better than any prejudices and charicatures.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:18 am
I think you are all being pretty hard on John Creasy. I admire his stance. I wish more men in this world would step up the way he is willing to. He is concerned about the life of what would be his child. What's wrong with that? He would love his child and protect it even at the expense of breaking the law to keep his child safe. And anyone would find fault with that? I certainly don't think he would go out and kill anyone over it, do you?

There are so many men out there that flat out don't care if a woman aborts their child or not. They don't want the responsibility. Johny Creasy would stand up for that child no matter what. He is choosing the life of an innocent child over the irresponsibility of a woman (if she decided to abort). And that's wrong? That's funny?

Anon, I think that was very cruel of you to say that about any child in the womb. Flush it down the toilet? Is that all life means to you? I find that so sad.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:19 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Why on earth would you think that a women who has
a medical alteration needs to adopt to your standards of
belief?

Every woman has the right over her own body - period!

Thats not entirely true.
Prostitution is illegal in most states,yet its her body.

Drug use is illegal,yet its her body.
Public nudity is illegal in most states,yet its her body.

Are you willing to legalize prostitution,drug abuse and public nudity?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:55 am
Momma Angel wrote:
I think you are all being pretty hard on John Creasy. I admire his stance.

Shocked You admire his stance? You just finished saying how you thought pregnancy is primarily the responsibility of the woman, yet you admire him saying he will do whatever it takes to keep a woman from accepting that responsibility? If he were saying he would do whatever it takes to prevent the woman from having his child, would you still admire his stance?

Quote:
I wish more men in this world would step up the way he is willing to. He is concerned about the life of what would be his child. What's wrong with that? He would love his child and protect it even at the expense of breaking the law to keep his child safe. And anyone would find fault with that? I certainly don't think he would go out and kill anyone over it, do you?

How do you get this from his remarks. He's only said that he would go to extremes to prevent an abortion, but gave no indication of his willingness to be a parent, and even less indication that he would be a very good one.

Quote:
There are so many men out there that flat out don't care if a woman aborts their child or not. They don't want the responsibility. Johny Creasy would stand up for that child no matter what. He is choosing the life of an innocent child over the irresponsibility of a woman (if she decided to abort). And that's wrong? That's funny?

There are also a lot of men out there who think they get to decide the future of a woman just because he was lucky enough to boink her. There are some who think that "whatever it takes" includes aggressive, illegal, and immoral acts. For many men, it's more about preserving their perceived power over "inferior" women than it is about committing to raise a child.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:57 am
mysteryman wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
Why on earth would you think that a women who has
a medical alteration needs to adopt to your standards of
belief?

Every woman has the right over her own body - period!

Thats not entirely true.
Prostitution is illegal in most states,yet its her body.

Drug use is illegal,yet its her body.
Public nudity is illegal in most states,yet its her body.

Are you willing to legalize prostitution,drug abuse and public nudity?

Yes.

But just to differentiate, the state has a public interest in regulating or legislating the above example because they have an effect on society, whereas a woman's decision whether or not to birth a baby has no effect on anyone except herself and her family.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:12 am
Not directly, perhaps, but indirectly I can see how it could affect more than just the individual and her family.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:18 am
Do tell.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:51 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Better? I have no idea, but certainly more understandable.

I can use a similar line of reasoning. If one abortion is ok, why not three? Or is it that one abortion isn't really ok, and so having more than one is like being a repeat offender?

I don't feel that one abortion is ok, so yes, three would make a person a repeat offender. Again though, I'm not advocating making abortion illegal. I just don't understand how people can so calmly and coolly justify killing an unborn baby.
0 Replies