mysteryman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 11:56 am
I am not anti abortion.
I just think the USSC made a mistake when they ruled on a matter that should have been left up to the individual states to decide.

Even if Roe v Wade is overturned,that wont end abortion.
It will just make it a state matter,not a federal one.
Thats how it should have been all along.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 12:00 pm
Frank Apisa Wrote:

Quote:
Luckily, most Americans realize the nuts have to be kept at bay.

C'mon Frank! Give us credit here. We are trying to keep you at bay but it's kind of hard to do it without denying you your rights. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 12:01 pm
It shouldn't be a government issue at all.

Always odd to hear all the things that Americans want to regulate.

I always thought they were for less government involvement in people's lives and businesses.

I guess there are lotsa busybodies in the U.S. with time to bother with everyone else's business.

I hope they're consistent - and also want more government in areas like gun control.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 12:15 pm
ehBeth wrote:

I always thought they were for less government involvement in people's lives and businesses.

I guess there are lotsa busybodies in the U.S. with time to bother with everyone else's business.

I hope they're consistent - and also want more government in areas like gun control.

There is already enough govt intrusion and regulation of firearms,its called the 2nd amendment.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 12:58 pm
ehBeth wrote:

It shouldn't be a government issue at all!

Thank you!

Quote:

There are, indeed. People who cannot exercise the common decency to keep their noses out of other people's business...especially in such a personal and troubling area.

And they want to portray themselves as heroic defenders of the defenseless.

What a crock!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 01:10 pm
Good grief, Frank. Go in the other abortion thread and read what I posted to you about this. Anyone here consider themselves a heroic defender of the defenseless?

Didn't think so.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 01:29 pm
Frank,
shall we start a list of things that shouldn't be a government issue at all?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 01:30 pm
Or things that should be, but are not?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 01:30 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Good grief, Frank. Go in the other abortion thread and read what I posted to you about this. Anyone here consider themselves a heroic defender of the defenseless?

Didn't think so.

Well that seems to be a common thread running through almost all of your responses, MA.

Tell me you do see it!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 01:31 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Frank,

If you wanna start a list...

...start a list.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 01:33 pm
Duh, Frank. Rolling Eyes Of course I see it! I saw it just like I saw you posting the same thing in two different threads.

Yep, you ARE definitely back. Laughing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 01:33 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Frank,

If you wanna start a list...

...start a list.

Health care
welfare
abortion

How is that for a start?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 01:37 pm
The Constitution requires that government be involved in the first two items on your list...but it is your list, so include whatever you want.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 02:43 pm
If the welfare of a born chld and how the child may be treated is the business of the government then, for prolifers, the life of the child begins much earlier than the precise moment of birth.

The only way that pro-abortionists can justify their stance is to deny that the unborn is deserving of any consideration or rights. They further accuse those who believe the unborn is a person of wanting to deprive a woman of her rights or want to FORCE her to bear a child that is inconvenient to her.

Yet these same people would most likely--though I am no longer certain--say that the woman should be FORCED to care for the well being of a born child in her custody.

The real difference between prolifers and proabortionists is that prolifers can see the contradiction.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 02:50 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
The only way that pro-abortionists can justify their stance is to deny that the unborn is deserving of any consideration or rights.

Not so. We say they are deserving of consideration, increasing with gestational age, but the woman's rights weigh more where there is a conflict.

Quote:
Yet these same people would most likely--though I am no longer certain--say that the woman should be FORCED to care for the well being of a born child in her custody.

Nobody forces a woman to care for her child. If you don't take care of your child, the state will take care of it for you. That's not quite the same thing.

Quote:
The real difference between prolifers and proabortionists is that prolifers can see the contradiction.

How wonderful it must be to be so certain that you are on the right team.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 02:58 pm
ehBeth wrote:

This is a beauty of a post.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 03:21 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
The Constitution requires that government be involved in the first two items on your list...but it is your list, so include whatever you want.

Please show me where in the constitution it says that the govt is constitutionally responsible for your or my healthcare.
Also,where are they responsible for your welfare?

Now,IF they are responsible for peoples healthcare,then they are condtitutionally permitted to ban or put heavy restrictions on abortion.

After all,abortion and pregnancy fall under the heading of healthcare.
So you do therefore admit than they govt can control abortions?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 03:29 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Please show me where in the constitution it says that the govt is constitutionally responsible for your or my healthcare.
Also,where are they responsible for your welfare?

You are friggin' kidding right? How about reading the document occasionally rather that exposing your appalling ignorance?

Hint: you won't have to read very far into it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 03:30 pm
The state governments do regulate abortion as they do all medical practice. What they can't do (yet) is ban the procedure before viability.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 03:31 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
The only way that pro-abortionists can justify their stance is to deny that the unborn is deserving of any consideration or rights.

Not so. We say they are deserving of consideration, increasing with gestational age, but the woman's rights weigh more where there is a conflict.

This is probably your view. But it doesn't seem to be the view of most abortion supporters here. Would you say the woman deciding she doesn't want to be pregnant is sufficient conflict? Especially the second, third, fourth, fifth time? Even the strongest prolifers here have all agreed that there will be times when a choice has to be made beween the life/health of the mother versus that of the unborn child. If both can't live, then of course abortion can be the logical and moral choice.

Quote:

Nobody forces a woman to care for her child. If you don't take care of your child, the state will take care of it for you. That's not quite the same thing.

Oh so the parent is allowed to starve, beat, neglect, or do whatever he or she wishes to the child? The government has nothing to say about it? Come on. You know better than that.

Quote:

How wonderful it must be to be so certain that you are on the right team.

It isn't hard to know which is the right team when you believe with all your heart that the unborn being is a human life.
0 Replies