Only Prayer and Encouragement for the Troops Please!!

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:18 pm
Setanta,

That is absolutely ridiculous. Shocked I may not like it that people do not believe in God but that is their business. Again, these are the kinds of things that make it so understandable for me to see why some don't believe. You cannot force anyone to be a believer. I wonder just what good that soldier thought he was doing by refusing to acknowledge your preference? It certainly wasn't promoting tolerance.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:20 pm
I thought it was kind of funny, Momma.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:23 pm
Well Gus, I have to admit that thinking about the look on that guy's face when Setanta told him Druid did make me laugh. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:23 pm
I thought it was kind of funny, too . . . after i had left the personnel office. He was no soldier, MOAN, he was a civilian employee. Enlisted men don't screw each other over--those who do, find out soon enough that they've got no friends. When you're in a line of work in which people are subject to shoot at you, you don't want to be friendless. I was in the medical corps, everyone was nice to me . . . just in case.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:26 pm
Sorry, my mistake. Yeah, I'm sure I'd want to be on your side too if I needed help! :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:26 pm
It had its bennies, that's for sure. No one knew what would be required for that particular confession, so i always told them that i went to a pine grove at sundown on Saturday and communed with nature until noon on Sunday. I had every Saturday night off for the rest of the time i was in the army. They didn't go for the nekkid dancin' virgins, though--they told me there were limits to how far they'd go to accomodate my religious preference.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:27 pm
dyslexia wrote:
custer died for our sins.

Custer died because he made a bad choice
0 Replies

Setanta

More than one bad choice . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughing1.gif Was laughing at Setanta. Posted too late.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:23 am
Lord, we come to you today asking for peace. Please bring a smile to all of the troops today. Let each one have something to smile about, whether it be a memory from home, the love of a friend, the sun shining on their face, or a moment's quiet. Please grant them understanding. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen

Good morning, Setanta. I hope you had a good night.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 10:45 am
Lord we come to you today asking for guidance, wisdom, and comfort for our troops. Please be with them Lord. Lead them in the way to go. In Jesus' name, Amen.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 10:52 am
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:44 am
Good morning, Setanta. I trust you slept well last night?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:44 am
Lord, today we come to you asking for your guidance for our troops. Lead them, comfort them, show the way to go Lord. Set your spirit upon them so they know the truth. Comfort their families and loved ones that miss them. Bring them home safely and soon Lord. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Good Morning Setanta! How are you today? I hope you are well.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:33 am
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:41 am
Glad to hear that. Have a wonderful day!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:44 am
Setanta wrote:
Finer than frog's hair

Finer than frog's hair?

Oh wait time for an encouraging prayer

Hey Lord, how about a day with sunshine and lollipops for everyone? How about giving those people in the midst of war a few moments to relax and toss around a frisbee? How about you just smack some of us dimwitted humans real hard with a whack of reality so we can see the idiocy of wars? I don't suppose that you'd care to end world hunger along with the ending of war, would you? Hey, it was worth asking. Anyway, keep the men and women out there safe today, maybe get us through a day without any war related deaths or injuries.

Well that's about it from here for me for right now Lord. It's looking like you tossed another nice day my way so I'd better go and enjoy it. Hope you're doing well today
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:46 am
It looks to be quite a lovely day in Canadia as well . . . just more evidence that god is not reliably paying attention . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:09 am
sturgis,

Thank you. Laughing
0 Replies

nancyann Deren IOLA

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:30 am
Lord:

Please a day without bombs and sandstoms, hot sun, letters from home and good food, a few good DVD's and popcorn with some free time and a good night's sleep 'cause they deserve it! Thanks and Amen!
0 Replies