Only Prayer and Encouragement for the Troops Please!!

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:25 pm
In all sincerity mother angel, some of us are beginning to doubt your sincerity.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:26 pm
Which is to say, she ain'ta gonna stop, because, as is the case with a certain member in the "Evolution? How?" thread, she doesn't give a rat's ass for our reaction, she just wants exposure on a high page rank site . . .
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:37 pm
I wonder how often god checks out this forum.

I find it easier to just email him.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 06:46 pm
Lord, we ask again today that you keep our troops safe and guide them with your wisdom. Please bring them all home safely and soon. Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:55 pm
dyslexia wrote:
The fact that Timber was once an officer is now forgiven but not forgotten.

I appreciate your reappraisal, and thank you sincerely for your kind forebearance - but how many times do I hafta tell ya - that whole officer thing snuck up on me - it wasn't my idea at all :wink: Laughing

Momma Angel wrote:
Been there. Done that.

Perhaps - I've no basis from which to deny that. However, to available appearances, it would seem you've neither left where you're at nor deviated from what you're doing - hence the contretemps in which you now find yourself engaged.

Quote:
Won a wrinkled t-shirt from the opposers.

Perhapsd the shirt would be less wrinkled were you to take it off and launder it once in a while - be bold, step out, expand your wardrobe and try a different ensemble - something new might do wonders.

Quote:
Even tried to ask the moderators to help because there were so many not wanting to stay on topic.

Again, why should any public discussion thread, posted by any member or posted to by any member, on any topic, in any of this website's forums, be either more or less "special" than any other public thread or post on this website? By what criteria should the Moderators of this website's forums take particular notice of your preferences, or of anyone else's preferences, for that matter, so long as no direct violation of the Member Agreement is evidenced? Where in that agreement is it stated and/or established that thread digressions constitute breach of said agreement? Is there something about "Open forum/Open discussion" that gives you difficulty?

Quote:
Like I said, there ARE TROOPS that visit A2K. I thought perhaps THEY might get some encouragement.

You need not tell me A2K is frequented by some who are or were "troops". Several other folks engaged in this particular discussion need no reminder of that either, being as they fit the description. While I won't and can't speak for every participant on this thread, I know for a fact several meet the qualification, and all of them are included among those critical of your tack here.

If one has a toy one would prefer others not play with, it makes little sense for that one to drag that toy to a public playground, set it up, and say "Hey, kids! Look at this!"

I'd love to stick around and carry on with this real-time, but I gotta run right now; I'm on a local dart team, and tonight at our tavern we're hosting another local tavern's dart team - longstanding, hard fought rivalry there between the VFW and the American Legion. Back in a few hours.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:59 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Lord, we ask again today that you keep our troops safe and guide them with your wisdom. Please bring them all home safely and soon. Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

might want to rethink that "guide them with your wisdom", bit, apparently he's been advising the president and that's not working out so well
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:01 pm
timber...
Here's wishing you straight shooting. I have faith in ya.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 01:09 pm
Lord, we ask again today that you be with our troops in their time of great need. Please guide them, comfort them, and bring peace to them. Please be with their families and comfort them in the absence of their loved ones. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 01:31 pm
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 07:09 pm
Don't we have private user-group forums here? Momma, if you want to pray in peace, why not join and post to the christian sub forum?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 07:16 pm
littlek wrote:
Don't we have private user-group forums here? Momma, if you want to pray in peace, why not join and post to the christian sub forum?

littlek,

They no longer have Christian Usergroups (or any other as far as I know.)

It's ok, littlek, God can take care of Himself in here. I will just post a daily prayer for the troops in here and one for the Iraqi people in the other one.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 07:24 pm
There is something about these prayer topics that leaves me unsatisfied.

When Jesus gave his model prayer in the sermon on the mount, he told us to pray for his father's 'will to be done.'

In what way does any of the multinational blood spilled in Iraq satisfy the will of god?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 08:10 pm
I don't get why everyone had to go pissing all over Momma's thread here. It's almost like some people are trying to chase her from A2K. I don't think she did anything to warrant the response that she was given over the first few pages of this thread.

Do you guys really think that a thread where the religious types can post their prayers is so threatening that you have to immediately sabotage it? Isn't it easier to just ignore it then to jump all over her ****?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 08:20 pm
littlek wrote:

nope there is not one
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 08:26 pm
kickycan wrote:
I don't get why everyone had to go pissing all over Momma's thread here. It's almost like some people are trying to chase her from A2K. I don't think she did anything to warrant the response that she was given over the first few pages of this thread.

Do you guys really think that a thread where the religious types can post their prayers is so threatening that you have to immediately sabotage it? Isn't it easier to just ignore it then to jump all over her ****?

Well said, kicky.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 08:35 pm
Kickycan,

You ARE the man! Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 08:37 pm
I'm bookmarking.

I've heard a few explainations for the pissing but.....

I'm still not really sure.
0 Replies

Prospero

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:25 am
I'm the other one wrote:
Prospero wrote:
I'm the other one wrote:
Set....you need serious help.

It IS the merest tad difficult to contain the concept of seriousness at the same time as observing the frenetic bowing of that monkey.

One experiences a visual/conceptual oxymoron, if such a thing may be imagined.

Laughing

You should've seen my bouncy mouse. Thought I'd tone things down with this monkey. :wink:

I DID, indeed, see your bouncy mouse, and frankly I believe the saccadic motion in my eyes will never fully recover.

That it has become a somewhat less frenetic monkey has almost made me a believer in the efficacy of appeals to "Great Caesar's Ghost", an unlikely being to whom I appealed involuntarily upon seeing the hypermanic mouse.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 06:02 am
neologist wrote:
There is something about these prayer topics that leaves me unsatisfied.

When Jesus gave his model prayer in the sermon on the mount, he told us to pray for his father's 'will to be done.'

In what way does any of the multinational blood spilled in Iraq satisfy the will of god?

Here's a post which cannot be repeated too often.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 08:13 am
I've been avoiding this post for quite some time now, or at least, I think I have... I can't quite remember. Anyway, some of the posts here are completely unjustified.

Prayer may not have more than a placebo effect, but it's the thought that counts and MA's thought is a very nice one at that.

It would, however, have been nice, howvever, if you had included "and the Iraqi people" in the title. I'm not sure about you, but I think they need the prayers a little bit more, seeing as it is their country and when the US Troops leave, they'll have to live with whatever mess or non-mess that's left.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind. I see you've included the Iraqi people in your last post.
0 Replies