Only Prayer and Encouragement for the Troops Please!!

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:17 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
I've been avoiding this post for quite some time now, or at least, I think I have... I can't quite remember. Anyway, some of the posts here are completely unjustified.

Prayer may not have more than a placebo effect, but it's the thought that counts and MA's thought is a very nice one at that.

It would, however, have been nice, howvever, if you had included "and the Iraqi people" in the title. I'm not sure about you, but I think they need the prayers a little bit more, seeing as it is their country and when the US Troops leave, they'll have to live with whatever mess or non-mess that's left.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind. I see you've included the Iraqi people in your last post.

Wolf_O'Donnell,

I made a special thread for the Iraqi people. This point was brought out before and I agreed. I am keeping that thread going also.

I thank you for your sentiment about the thought of this thread.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:22 am
Lord we come to you today asking for your wisdom and guidance for our troops. Please comfort them in their time of need. Let them know they are supported and loved. Keep them safe and strong in the face of the enemy. Let peace reign over them. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:32 am
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 11:13 am
Praise The Lord and pass the ammunition.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 06:22 pm
braise the pork and pass the mashed potatos
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:21 pm
Perhaps a petition to the universal hypothalamus:

Please tell all combatants to go home to their families with this message:

Turn your tanks into plows, your brass into musical instruments and your explosives into fertilizer.

May your fields be heavy with produce, your houses warm and your tables full. Have many fat children and enjoy life.

After a few years tell me which life is better.

Prolly won't work, though. Most folks won't listen to that part of their hypothalamus.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 12:44 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
It would, however, have been nice, howvever, if you had included "and the Iraqi people" in the title. I'm not sure about you, but I think they need the prayers a little bit more, seeing as it is their country and when the US Troops leave, they'll have to live with whatever mess or non-mess that's left.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind. I see you've included the Iraqi people in your last post.

It would have given the Iraqi people equal status (in this thread), so to speak, to have included them in the title. Though, of course, they need much more than prayer to get their lives back to some semblance of normality.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 12:51 am
msolga wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

It would have given the Iraqi people equal status (in this thread), so to speak, to have included them in the title. Though, of course, they need much more than prayer to get their lives back to some semblance of normality.

msolga,

I do not understand. I made a thread specifically for the Iraqi people. I gave them their own thread because I thought that was giving them more respect that way.

But you still seem somewhat at odds about this. What can I do to make this right with you?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 01:03 am
All at once & in the same breath would have been really good, MA.

But don't worry yourself unduly. I think this issue is quietly fading away into the A2K sunset. I'm just catching up & responding to a back-log of email updates.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 11:45 am
Lord, we come to you today asking for your peace and comfort for every troop, no matter which faction, Iraqi civilian, the children, the family and loved ones of everyone caught in the middle of this war. We ask that you comfort them, give them courage to face what comes their way, and love them Lord. All people are your children. All are in need of your love and mercy. Father, please let this war end soon. Please be with all of us as we walk through our lives. Help us to try to understand the things we don't. Help us to always remember to love everyone, as your Son commanded that we do. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 12:10 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Lord, we come to you today asking for your peace and comfort for every troop, no matter which faction, Iraqi civilian, the children, the family and loved ones of everyone caught in the middle of this war. We ask that you comfort them, give them courage to face what comes their way, and love them Lord. All people are your children. All are in need of your love and mercy. Father, please let this war end soon. Please be with all of us as we walk through our lives. Help us to try to understand the things we don't. Help us to always remember to love everyone, as your Son commanded that we do. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen

Amen!!!!!!!

Momma Angel http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif

Keep up the good work on the forum, Momma :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 12:12 pm
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 09:32 pm
You really should include the source of your quote, Set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 08:20 am
Yes, but i have provided it elsewhere, Neo.

That is the work of Samuel Clemens, and i do not purport it to be my own.

I also intend to post it each time i see MOAN posting a prayer.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 08:25 am
And I appreciate that you do keep posting it, as it still has a strong and powerful force to it Setanta.

Do you have any cat prayers?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 10:58 am
Lord, we come to you today asking again for peace and comfort for our troops. Guide them in the way that you would have them go. Keep them and their loved ones safe. Grant understanding to them, Lord. Though we may not understand the whys of the war, give us the understanding each day of the right thing to do. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Good Morning, Setanta!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 11:09 am
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?
I'm counting on you, Lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round,
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?

Everybody!
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends,
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 03:41 pm
Setanta wrote:
I also intend to post it each time i see MOAN posting a prayer.

... because that's the kinda guy you are.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:04 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Lord, we come to you today asking again for peace and comfort for our troops. Guide them in the way that you would have them go.

But there's only one way they can "go", MA! And that's following the orders of their military leaders, who follow the orders of their government.
Unless you're encouraging them to possibly make a whole lot of trouble for themselves ...?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 07:17 am
0 Replies