Only Prayer and Encouragement for the Troops Please!!

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:11 pm
dagmaraka,

I understand what you are saying. But, I have never been taught not to pray in public. I have always been taught that the prayer must be sincere and not be done just for show. When we go to a restaurant to eat, we say grace first. However, it's not some long drawn out prayer that would start other people staring.

Where two or more are gathered in His name, there He will be also. I take that to mean even on the internet.

This prayer thread was just my small way of offering good will to the troops. The same with the thread for the Iraqi people.
0 Replies

George

dyslexia wrote:
...I protested so I was registered as a Protestant.

I love it!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Ticomaya wrote:

So you're saying they're Catholics ... not Christians?

Just a joke folks.

nah, i was commenting on their american-ness rather than on their religion.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:13 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Actually Dag, I was thinking about he time when I enlisted (1962) you had a choice of being (1) Catholic (2) Protestant (3) Jewish. That was it, no other options. I protested so I was registered as a Protestant.

no way, are you serious? so i, a heathen, could not enlist as such?

of course you could and you would become, by edict, a Protestant (there are no atheists in foxholes)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:13 pm
I know, Momma, and I'm not arguing. Just explaining. I accept that you see it differently and neither you nor I should have to change opinions.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:17 pm
dagmaraka,

No, neither of us should have to change opinions and I am certainly not suggesting that either of us does. I was just explaining to you how I view the whole thing.

I do wish someone would start a thread for the troops though. I don't feel it would be right for me to do it because of the manner in which I support the troops.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:26 pm
kickycan wrote:
I don't get why everyone had to go pissing all over Momma's thread here. It's almost like some people are trying to chase her from A2K. I don't think she did anything to warrant the response that she was given over the first few pages of this thread.

Do you guys really think that a thread where the religious types can post their prayers is so threatening that you have to immediately sabotage it? Isn't it easier to just ignore it then to jump all over her ****?

Here here (or is it "hear"? - I never get that right...)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:27 pm
Hi Snood!

How are you doing? It's been awhile since I've seen you. Hope you are well.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:30 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I do wish someone would start a thread for the troops though. I don't feel it would be right for me to do it because of the manner in which I support the troops.[/b][/color]

Don't you ever get the idea to pray for all the killed innocent women and children, for instance?
Here, in our, church (with is rather conservative) we pray for all, including our enemies.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:34 pm
Walter,

There is a thread expressly for this purpose. I started a Pray for the Iraqi People thread. I have mentioned that quite a few times in this thread with the last time it being mentioned on Page 9 of this thread.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 02:22 pm
For the troops as well: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1796244#1796244
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 05:47 pm
Thank you, Revel.
0 Replies

nancyann Deren IOLA

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:03 pm
Hello Momma Angel:

I would like to make a suggestion so please do not take it personally and get angry! I am saying it very kindly to you, I have a forum here on A2K and people always give me suggestions. I may not like all of them, but I do take what they have to say and modify my forum to the reader for the readers. Maybe you could EXPAND to "Praying for the troops and prayer in general." And not just prayers but prayer articles and prayer difficulties of peoples and of all faiths. That would help the troops also!

I just think that people were trying to tell you to loosen up a bit, just a wee bit because you are reaching out to the world audience remember and look at prayer in a bigger picture for all people, not just the troops!

Persevere in doing good work for all people!

Nancyann
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:10 pm
and the christians found america and fell down upon their knees and prayed and then the christians discovered the natives upon which they kneeled down and preyed.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:13 pm
I like that one, dys. I might have to use it.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:15 pm
The blankets....you forgot the disease infested blankets!

And we now pray dear God, that there will be no disease infested blankets in Iraq today or elsewhere.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:16 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I like that one, dys. I might have to use it.

I copyright everything.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:17 pm
custer died for our sins.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
Nancyann,

I do apprecitate your thoughts and I am not angry in any way at all. I will think about what you said.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:12 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Actually Dag, I was thinking about he time when I enlisted (1962) you had a choice of being (1) Catholic (2) Protestant (3) Jewish. That was it, no other options. I protested so I was registered as a Protestant.

At my first duty station after training, i told 'em i was a Druid--they wrote "non-christian" on my form. I went to the head of the personnel section and protested, so he sent me back, and i told 'em Druid, and they wrote "non-christian" on my form. So i went to the commanding officer of the head of the personnel section, and he walked back with me, and asked why they would not write Druid in the block and stop making everyone's life difficult. This clown said he was a civilian employee, and born again in JESUS, and that he could not be made to acknowledge a pagan. So the Colonel asked him how he'd like to staple things, and pull staples from other things, for the rest of his career, until he retired. He put another form in the typewriter, and when we got to the religion question, he actually got up, and had another employee type the word "Druid" in the blank. Self-righteous holy-roller pr!ck . . .
0 Replies