Only Prayer and Encouragement for the Troops Please!!

Bartikus

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 02:08 am
I'm the other one wrote:
Prospero wrote:
I'm the other one wrote:
Set....you need serious help.

It IS the merest tad difficult to contain the concept of seriousness at the same time as observing the frenetic bowing of that monkey.

One experiences a visual/conceptual oxymoron, if such a thing may be imagined.

Laughing

You should've seen my bouncy mouse. Thought I'd tone things down with this monkey. :wink:

I miss the mouse.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 05:30 am
the monkey is bowing?

i thought he was pleasuring himself
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:11 am
Husker and the monkey have demonstrated their christian virtue here.

MOAN is attempting to do the same, despite the scriptural injunction against praying or worshiping in public. You are all become money changers in the temple.

To repeat, no one gets a free ride here, no one gets any guarantee that they can post what they like, and prohibit comment.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:15 am
How bout those Blue Devils?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:16 am
Who would those be, Bear . . . to me, sport is an indoor recreational activity which is no one else's businss . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:18 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Wilso wrote:
Tell me MA. Have you ever said a prayer for the orphaned Iraqi children?

Wilso,

I posted a thread especially for the Iraqi people. I am not leaving them out. I pray for them daily. Strange thing is, all those that complained that we were only praying for the troops and not the Iraqi people haven't even bothered to post in that thread. Why do you suppose that is?

You know why, MA. I'm not going over this again.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:21 am
Setanta wrote:
Who would those be, Bear . . . to me, sport is an indoor recreational activity which is no one else's businss . . .

ah yes... my favorite as well can be played alone, with a teammate, or an entire team.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:22 am
It's the flexibility and tolerant nature of sport which makes it so superior to religious superstition . . .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:38 am
and the cheerleaders...don't forget them...although organized religion certainly has it's share of them.... their outifts aren't as cute though
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:53 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Setanta wrote:

You can have this thread too. I am not going to argue with you. If you wish to make fun of me or what I believe in, do it to your heart's content. I don't do it for you. I do it for God.

If you cannot find it in your heart to even respect this one small thread intended for good then I truly, truly feel sorry for you.

The problem here MommaAngel, is that your title specifically stated prayer and encouragement and like it or not Setanta put forth a prayer...not perhaps the one you wanted; but, it is a prayer. It expresses how things are in war...it's always going to be about destroying the other side as fully and completely as possible...that is the essence of war...destroy and then call it a victory. There will be no winners, there never really are although one side will claim that they won. If you want only positive approaches, it may be hard for you to find since human nature doesn't tend that way.

Why run from a thread you began in earnest? The heart of it is still in your starting statements and will be found interspersed throughout. So there's the occasional bump in the road...welcome to life, who told you it was going to be a fun time all the time? Trials and tribulations along with joy, glee, sorrow and suffering, ups and downs.

So say the prayers you choose to say for the men and women caught in the midst of war today and everyday. I don't see anyone really looking to stop you, and if someone decides that is what they want to do, then offer a prayer up for them and one for yourself as well to not let their beliefs bring you down.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:23 am
Momma Ange

Since you set yourself forth as the expert word on what is appropriate and what isn't re: prayer. I was wondering if this one meets with your approval?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66929&highlight=
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:33 am
I think it is important to point out that the scripture speaking of prayer in the closet has a lot more to it than that.

The people being spoken to were the ones that pray and did things in the name of God for SHOW. They did not do it for God.

God does not expect us to hide in our closets to pray. He says where two or more are gathered in His name there He will be also. He puts no such restriction on prayer other than the fact that it must be sincere and not for SHOW.

sturgis,

You are right. He posted a prayer. So, I won't say another word about it.

blueveinedthrobber,

If the prayer is sincere and from your heart I believe God will listen to it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:38 am
<MA rolls up her support hose and does the superior dance>
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:59 am
Shocked superior dance?

What brought that on? I just answered a couple of posts.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:06 pm
Certainly, a call to prayer relating to a specific contemporary hot topic, issued on a public internet forum with world-wide membership and respectable page rank isn't done for show - why, if such were to be the case - if it were to be done for show - one would expect the author of that call to prayer would take pains to assure the thread pertaining to that call for prayer remained active, posting frequently to the topic, keeping it fresh, which would invite a greater number of pageviews both from regular forum participants and from curious passers-by.

One might even expect the author of such a flagrant, self-agrandizing, counter-scriptural exhortation to take public what theologically is conceptualized a personal, private manifestation of one's own relationship with one's God to react confrontationally with regard to challenge or other perceived irreverance expressed through interactions on the part of participants in the discussion, in such wise fostering further interaction, in interest of and with effect of maintaining the discussion's visibility on the forum at question.

Now, unless thats whats going on here ....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:10 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee

okbye
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:11 pm
boomerang wrote:
I just don't see why it is always necessary to heap scorn at one another. Some threads call for a lively serious debate and other don't.

I don't adhere to any recognized religion but if people want to join together to pray for our troops -- so what? My brother is a soldier and he is Catholic and he probably appreciates those prayers.

If I want to have a thread about the Church of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter I appreciate people not showing up and telling me I'm going to hell for it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:12 pm
The fact that Timber was once an officer is now forgiven but not forgotten.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:16 pm
boomer, you're definitely going to hell (stop by Wolf Hole Az on your way for a cold one)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:23 pm
timberlandko Wrote:

Quote:
Certainly, a call to prayer relating to a specific contemporary hot topic, issued on a public internet forum with world-wide membership and respectable page rank isn't done for show - why, if such were to be the case - if it were to be done for show - one would expect the author of that call to prayer would take pains to assure the thread pertaining to that call for prayer remained active, posting frequently to the topic, keeping it fresh, which would invite a greater number of pageviews both from regular forum participants and from curious passers-by.

One might even expect the author of such a flagrant, self-agrandizing, counter-scriptural exhortation to take public what theologically is conceptualized a personal, private manifestation of one's own relationship with one's God to react confrontationally with regard to challenge or other perceived irreverance expressed through interactions on the part of participants in the discussion, in such wise fostering further interaction, in interest of and with effect of maintaining the discussion's visibility on the forum at question.

Now, unless thats whats going on here ....

Been there. Done that. Won a wrinkled t-shirt from the opposers. Even tried to ask the moderators to help because there were so many not wanting to stay on topic.

Like I said, there ARE TROOPS that visit A2K. I thought perhaps THEY might get some encouragement.
0 Replies