Does God Exist?

JPB

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:37 pm
echi wrote:
Just to clarify... Disbelief in "homosexuality" does not make one homophobic.

echi, what do you mean by 'Disbelief in "homosexuality"?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:38 pm
echi wrote:
Disbelief in "homosexuality" does not make one homophobic.

Pray tell, how do you arrive at such a conclusion?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:38 pm
Mesquite,
I can only speak for myself, but as a Christian I do not condone homosexuality. However, neither do I condemn those who are. It is not my place to judge. If we are to belief that God is responsible for all of us being here, then he is also responsible for homosexuals being here. I do not believe that homosexuality is a learned trait, but rather something that is as much a part of the individual as intelligence, skin colour and hair is to the rest of us.

If a homosexual came to the doors of our church, I would welcome them as I would anybody else. I may not agree with their live style, but I don't agree with heterosexuals who cheat on their wives etc. either, but it is not my place to label them or judge them.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:40 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
echi wrote:
Disbelief in "homosexuality" does not make one homophobic.

Pray tell, how do you arrive at such a conclusion?
echi,

Please tread very carefully here. Mr. Cicerone Imposter thinks I am a homophobic bigot because I believe homosexuality is a sin and would not vote for same sex marriage. Rolling Eyes

And what Intrepid says goes for me also. But, it doesn't change my mind about not voting against the same sex marriage issue.
[/color]
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:45 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
if anyone in your family is truly a Christian, THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN HOMOSEXUALITY! Get a clue!

I still don't know what believing in homosexuality means. And Momma, you haven't said why it is that you can determine someone's religious integrity by the stand they take on homosexuality. What gives you the right?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:48 pm
"Condone - to forgive or overlook."

Why do people need your forgiveness or to overlook what they do? Are you superiror to them?

Study the word "prejudice." You might get a clue.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:53 pm
Sorry, I may have stated that a bit zealously J-B. But, I don't much go for the humanism thing. "What's right for me" just doesn't cut it. Black and white. The Bible says it is a sin.

And J-B, probably about as much right as anyone on these threads has the right to criticize me for the way I believe or tell me I'm not a Christian, etc. NONE! It goes both ways! Thank you so much for pointing that out. :wink: Too bad you don't seem to point it out to those that would accuse a Chrisitian on these threads of not being Christian.

It's a shame, actually.

C.I.,

Who are you talking to? You did not indicate.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:55 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
"Condone - to forgive or overlook."

Why do people need your forgiveness or to overlook what they do? Are you superiror to them?

Study the word "prejudice." You might get a clue.

You certainly have a way with words, don't you C.I. Anything to perpetuate an argument. Nothing is ever satisfactory to you.

What I do not condone is your continuous poor behaviour in the religious threads. You expect people to condone homosexuals, but you degrade and vilify Christians. You certainly have different standards for different people, don't you. Your vindictive nature is abhorrent.

No, I am not superior to them. They do not need my forgiveness. I don't think that you even understand what I wrote. In your haste to find fault you fly off the handle... as usual.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:57 pm
No, they are different standards for homophobics and racial bigots, and most of them are "christians."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Mesquite,

You seem to be taking this issue quite personally. Is there a reason for that? It's a discussion. So friggin what!? I don't even get to vote on this issue. I'm just voicing my right to free speech!

What is your problem with me?
0 Replies

echi

Quote:

Main Entry: ho·mo·pho·bia
Pronunciation: "hO-m&-'fO-bE-&
Function: noun
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals —ho·mo·phobe /'hO-m&-"fOb/ noun —ho·mo·pho·bic /"hO-m&-'fO-bik/ adjective

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

If someone does not think that homosexuality is real (I'm talking physiologically, not behaviorally) that does not, in itself, make a person homophobic.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:00 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
No, they are different standards for homophobics and racial bigots, and most of them are "christians."

This is a totally silly and knee jerk answer. Do you stop to think before you post?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:00 pm
Quote: "If someone does not think that homosexuality is real..."is about the most ignorant statement made on a2k.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:01 pm
Cicerone Imposter Wrote:

Quote:

Yeah and most religiophobics and Christian bashers are atheists. So what's your point?

The only difference I see here is I realize that making that statement was pretty ridiculous and lumping everyone into a certain category and you seem to think because you aren't Christian you can say whatever you want to. Rolling Eyes Talk about get a clue Idea

Oh yeah, and it might be nice to tell us who you are quoting. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:03 pm
Can't be, C.I. Many of your posts hold that distinction. Matter of fact, a couple posts back is a good example.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:03 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Quote: "If someone does not think that homosexuality is real..."is about the most ignorant statement made on a2k.

And you feel this way because...
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:04 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
And what Intrepid says goes for me also. But, it doesn't change my mind about not voting against the same sex marriage issue.[/b][/color]

It has been pointed out to you numerous times that all of the propositions floating about the US have to deal with implementing restrictions to prevent same sex marriages/unions. There is no such voting FOR same sex marriage, so using such terminology is a copout.

I believe Intrepid is on record here as not favoring the discrimination of homosexuals or restricting their ability to form legal marriages/unions.

Do you also agree with this statement by Intrepid?
Intrepid wrote:
I do not believe that homosexuality is a learned trait, but rather something that is as much a part of the individual as intelligence, skin colour and hair is to the rest of us.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:06 pm
It has nothing to do with "feel."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:07 pm
Show me a homophobe that isn't a christian.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:08 pm
MommaA, I have never claimed you are not a Christian, nor would I. Also, to be perfectly honest, I have never read a post that told you you were not a Christian. But then, MEGO on many of the more vitriolic posts from either quarter and I won't pretend to claim that I've read every post directed at you by the stronger antagonists.

For example, your response to CI last night completely escaped me until Mesquit highlighted it above and I realised afterwards that echi was probably using your words in her post about believing in homosexuality.

As far as I'm concerned you have as much right to claim being a Christian as the next person, no more and no less. There are many Christian denominations from ultra-conservative to ultra-liberal and they each take a position on social issues such as homosexuality and abortion. We had a thread here not long ago about a young Christian who found herself in a conservative group and found her Christianity being questioned. I suggested she follow her heart to find the best fit for her. She was a lifelong Christian and her new Christian leaders were wishing a catastrophe fall upon her to bring her around. That to me was shameful, but it is a prime example of Christians being intolerant of other Christians.

The only time I've ever called you on you beliefs was when they were stated as being used to create action against the civil liberties of others. You have every right to your beliefs, MA. You don't need to embrace homosexuality to condone it, but we've been through all this before.

I'll tell you what, the next time sometime tells you you can't be a Christian because of your position, send me a PM and I'll be sure to express my opinion on it.
0 Replies