Does God Exist?

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:03 am
J_B

Good question. Why are you here? In the 6 or so posts you have made you have not dealt directly with the thread and seem to question the originator's motives more than offer any constructive input.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:08 am
Bullshit, Intrepid. Other than a couple sidebars with Momma, whom I haven't spoken to in a while, my posts have very much been on topic. The title of the thread is, "Does God exist" and it's a question I have as well. Don't we need to get the definition of God from the poster before we can know what her(his?) basis is? The reference to the 'pointless' thread was the atheist thread, as you prebably well know and I still think the premise of the opening theory is similar to the atheism = pointless thread.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:08 am
All political and religious threads are open to nonconstructive input. That's the reason why I participate. As if you didn't already know that!

You want an argument? Go for it.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:14 am
J_B wrote:
Bullshit, Intrepid. Other than a couple sidebars with Momma, whom I haven't spoken to in a while, my posts have very much been on topic. The title of the thread is, "Does God exist" and it's a question I have as well. Don't we need to get the definition of God from the poster before we can know what her(his?) basis is? The reference to the 'pointless' thread was the atheist thread, as you prebably well know and I still think the premise of the opening theory is similar to the atheism = pointless thread.

I don't remember you asking for a definition... And honestly JB, I don't know if it's how you word things or what, but the way you say things sound more like information you are giving than info you are seeking. "shrugs"
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:16 am
J_B wrote:
I'm guessing you mean the God of Abraham, right?

Shocked
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:18 am
J_B wrote:
J_B wrote:
I'm guessing you mean the God of Abraham, right?

Shocked

Oh so THAT'S what you meant by that! Gotcha... sorry...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:19 am
JB wrote:
Not in your sense of Christianity, Momma. I believe strongly in the message of Jesus in how we treat our fellow man. I think Paul went a long way toward destroying that message and created a religion about Jesus instead of spreading the religion of Jesus.

I've also said, in other threads, that my personal leanings vary between pantheism and deism, depending on which side of the bed I get up on. I am very active in my church and also consider myself a Uniterian Christian (which is not an oxymoron).

JB, Thank you. All my siblings are christians, and they are nothing like the hypocrites we find on these boards except for JB and a few others. As I've said many times before, I have no patience or tolerance for homophobes or racial bigots.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:27 am
CI
Do you talk to your siblings the way you "talk" to people here? Do they have to put up with the same crap that we do? You are probably the most intolerant person I have ever "met".

You tell anybody that believes in Jesus that they are nuts but you tell your select buddies that they are ok for the same believe. You really are a piece of work. I find it totally laughable that you equate Christians with racial and homosexual bigotry. You really do have a closed and narrow mind on life issues.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:32 am
Re: Does God Exist?
hephzibah wrote:
Ok, so this is a debate forum. So here's my question...

Does God exist?

Some say yes, some say no.

Here's my theory:

I believe in God. I have my reasons as to why. I wouldn't be here right now if there wasn't a God.

hephzibah, you opened this thread asking for a debate and then posed a theory of the existance of God. Your definition of God and mine are, in all likelihood, not the same. Ask a few million Hindus if God exists and they'll tell you about many Gods. Ask the Amerindians about God and they have a different set. Ask a pantheist about God and it's a whole different story. So if you want to debate about the existance of God, then you should set the definitions before you jump into your theories. From reading the rest of your first post, I guessed you were talking about the Judeo-Christian God of Abraham. There was no sarcasm in my question. The 'pointless' thread was a very long, drawnout thread about the lives of atheists being pointless, which if I can find it, I will post for you.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:37 am
JB, I went back and re-read everything you've wrote so far and I apologize because I did misinterpret how you were saying what you were saying. Please forgive me for jumping to conclusions. I would appreciate it if you do find it and post the link. I would be interested to read what you all have been talking about.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:38 am
I just found it here

pointless thread
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:43 am
I argue with my siblings about their religion and politics all the time. I try to present facts, while they rely on what they learn through the church.

Our argument on christmas day at his daughter's home was on the subject of evolution, scientists, and the bible. My brother claims there are scientists that have refuted evolution. I told my brother that 99.8 percent of geological and biological scientists believe in evolution. I asked him to name the scientists, but he could not. All one needs to do is go on the internet and find the facts about scientists and evolution.

He also made the claim that the reason our poor family did so well in our adult life was the fact that our mother prayed for us. There is no way I can convince him otherwise. IN those matters, we agree to disagree.

Some people that believe in their christian religion on a2k are hypocrites and homophobic bigots. I'm glad to say none of my siblings are. If they are, I'll disown them. I will not tolerate or excuse homophobic or racial bigots in my life. Most people on a2k know who they are without mentioning their names, because it's that obvious.

c.i.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:44 am
Cicerone Imposter Wrote:

[quote]JB, Thank you. All my siblings are christians, and they are nothing like the hypocrites we find on these boards except for JB and a few others. As I've said many times before, I have no patience or tolerance for homophobes or racial bigots. [/quote]

But you do have tolerance or patience for religiophobics right? Be careful, C.I., you were the one that told me that if you accuse someone of something, it usually comes back and slaps you in the face, remember that?http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck06.gif

I bet it would sadden your family greatly to know how you treat people with faith. Bet it's hard for them to know the real you, isn't it? Intrepid is right, you deserve pity and not scorn.

Oh brother, are you kidding me? You would drop your family if they were what you call homophobic or racially bigotted? Well, get ready for this one little buddy, if anyone in your family is truly a Christian, THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN HOMOSEXUALITY! Get a clue!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:49 am
To disagree with them is one thing. Do you call them names? Do you call God the things that you call Him on here? Or, is it just that you can hide behind a computer monitor and type your hatred anonymously?

Are you telling me that agnostics and atheists are not homophobic or racists or bigots? Are you trying to say it is only Christians? How about Jew? How about Muslims? How about Islam? Do you put them into the same pot? You lump us Christians all into that heap because we are Christians. If you want to see a real bigot, you may want to check the closest mirror.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:51 am
Sure, is "dumb" calling them names?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:53 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

Rolling Eyes You have answered the question.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:05 am
Intrepid wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Rolling Eyes You have answered the question.

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/blinksmiley.gifhttp://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughing1.gif Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Score: (Intrepid 1/Cicerone Imposter -10)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:09 am
<sidebar to Momma: I gotta tell you, MA, that vomit hurling emoticon really bothers me>
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:15 am
Sorry J_B,

I'd take it out if I could. I promise not to use it again. Just got fed up, ya know?
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:35 am
the simple answer to does God exist is yes!
0 Replies