No offence, but here is my proof that there cannot ever be..

BeelzeBubblez

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:22 am
Setanta wrote:
So, to be nice people, everyone would be obliged to accept your point of view, everyone would refrain from any criticism?

Ehm do not cumfuzzle me with that moustached dude from germany around 1940, this statement tells more about you than it does about me Robin Hood????
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:25 am
Godwin's Law confirmed within fifty posts . . . nice . . .
0 Replies

Morris67

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:28 am
dyslexia wrote:
I really don't understand why everyone can't be as nice and polite as I am (always)

God would though. God would comprehend that sometimes people do and say things to eachother that do not express who they really are. It is in this understanding He defines himself as being God being love...

Love doesn't judge, it knows not how....love cares for all people regardless of what their choices are or would become some day....If we are to show others that God exists then we have but one weapon to fight with.....love.....and by using this weapon there will never be a real fight no losers no winners to distinguish from eachother...we are one....

Love peace and understanding,

Shanim
0 Replies

Sure Magicians

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:30 am
Hullo everyone, God is there for everyone who needs him, and 85% of the world population believes in some sort of God, surely they can't all be wrong now can they?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:31 am
Now he's shaking leafs at us?

Or is that leafs with bees on them?

Don't you leave your bee-leafs behind!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:33 am
Sure Magicians wrote:
Hullo everyone, God is there for everyone who needs him, and 85% of the world population believes in some sort of God, surely they can't all be wrong now can they?

Sure Magicians- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Years ago, everyone believed that the sun revolved around the earth. Popularity of an idea does not guarantee its truth!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:36 am
Sure Magicians wrote:

Anatole France wrote:
That fifty million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

What ya got there, Boss, is an argumentum ad populum fallacy . . .
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:37 am
And his is at least 102 times bigger than yours....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:37 am
DrewDad wrote:
Now he's shaking leafs at us?

Or is that leafs with bees on them?

Don't you leave your bee-leafs behind!

Laughing You definitely had your coffee today!
0 Replies

Sure Magicians

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:38 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Sure Magicians wrote:

Sure Magicians- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Years ago, everyone believed that the sun revolved around the earth. Popularity of an idea does not guarantee its truth!

Thanks for the welcome!
And a valid argument, personally I like the idea of going to Heaven better then to be eaten by worms or burned to a crisp...

I don't necessary believe God exists as described in the Bible, but there must be something, I am sure of that, or all those people suffer from mass-delusion?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:42 am
Quote:
I like the idea of going to Heaven better then to be eaten by worms or burned to a crisp...

Yeah, but that does not make the concept of heaven true. Those folks who blow themselves up in the middle east think that they are going to heaven with 72 virgins. Does THAT make sense to you? It makes just about as much sense as any concept of a heaven..........none at all!
0 Replies

KidsAreYummy

It's not really a delusion if it's something that was brought on entirely by themselves. Now, there is exceptions to this rule in this case, obviously, such as Jehovah's Witnesses, and other stereotypical sects that like their propaganda.

But also again, how do we know that Heaven and Hell exist? We have no way to talk to the people that are in either/or. So again, the proof issue comes up.

All this thread has proven is that people will believe in what they want, regardless of how much actual fact is there. I think that everyone should be more tolerant of it. Even if it was truly crossing over into the realm of delusion, then that's fine, there's still nothing wrong with it.
0 Replies

Setanta

That is, of course, a possibility . . . given the history of the human race, i'd say its a probability of a high order . . .
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:43 am
BeelzeBubblez wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
I hope you don't think that your "proof" is actually proof of anything other than you are grasping for straws.

You didn't prove anything to me, so why should I prove anything to you?

Bella Dead: Actually I do

Gee, that convinced me to work to prove to you what you won't work to prove to me.
0 Replies

Sure Magicians

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:44 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
I like the idea of going to Heaven better then to be eaten by worms or burned to a crisp...

Yeah, but that does not make the concept of heaven true. Those folks who blow themselves up in the middle east think that they are going to heaven with 72 virgins. Does THAT make sense to you? It makes just about as much sense as any concept of a heaven..........none at all!

No it does not to me, but apparently it does to them...
You have scientific proof there is no heaven then?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:45 am
Sure Magicians wrote:
I don't necessary believe God exists as described in the Bible, but there must be something, I am sure of that, or all those people suffer from mass-delusion?

There may be "something", but there is no evidence that we know of at this time. As far as "mass delusions" are concerned, people have always found a way to make some sense of a universe of which they knew little. It may not be true, but it gives people comfort to believe.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:45 am
Bella, Bella! Don't go into the light!

And I think that you know, that I knew, that you knew, that I couldn't understand your last sentence.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:46 am
Quote:

It is not up to me to prove a negative. It is for the person who holds the assertion to offer the proof.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:46 am
Sure Magicians wrote:

This is more nonsense . . . you make an extraordinary claim when you posit the existence of a heaven. In that case, you are obliged to prove your case, no one else is obliged to disprove it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:47 am
Sure Magicians wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

No it does not to me, but apparently it does to them...

Do you have scientific proof that when I die I won't be brought to a giant room filled with busty nurses who will fulfill every sexual desire I could ever have?
0 Replies