Is this joke funny? If so, why? If not, why not?

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:03 pm
So there's this mason, and this mason is a real perfectionist-type guy. He gets a job to build a brick wall. So he goes to the job site, checks it all out, writes down all the dimensions and necessary information, and figures that he needs exactly 426 bricks to build this wall.

So he gets his supplies and bricks, and begins building the wall. He painstakingly places every brick in the exact place that it should be, using levels and hi-tech measuring tools after every brick, to make sure the wall is exactly level and perfect in every way. Finally, after hours and hours of hard work, he puts the last brick on the top of the wall. As he backs up to look at his perfect wall, he stumbles over something. He looks down, and notices that it's a brick. He has miscalculated.

He curses, grabs the brick, and disgustedly throws it as far away as he can, yelling, "ONE BRICK TOO MANY!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,678 • Replies: 116
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:11 pm
I don't get it. Is it like a joke just for masons? If so, that would be a rather small audience.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:20 pm
No, it isn't funny. Jokes are supposed to have a punch line.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:20 pm
I can't believe you don't get it. It's funny because he's a perfectionist and he has a brick left over! And then he says, "ONE BRICK TOO MANY!"

Hahaha...gets me everytime!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:25 pm
Ya know, Kicky, if you have to explain that it is a joke, that should tell you something.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:32 pm
I don't understand. Usually I have a pretty good idea of what's funny and what's not. I thought this was a funny joke. Why isn't it funny? He's a perfectionist! You don't get that?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:33 pm
Well, there is at least one person who got the joke. Look at the poll! Ha! So I'm not the only one who thinks it's funny!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:36 pm
They let you vote in your own poll?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:46 pm
HA! See? I knew THAT was funny! So why is it that I and the one other anonymous voter in my poll are the only ones who see the humor in this joke? Seriously, can you explain to me why it isn't funny to you that the perfectionist made a mistake? And that punchline about the one brick too many is great...isn't it?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:45 am
Kicky.

Get help.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:53 am
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful joke, Mr K. You have definitely got my vote.

You see, his NAME is Mason, and he IS a mason.

No?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:55 am
It's funny and it's not funny and I don,t know why. Laughing Confused Sad

I'm going to be lying in my bed with my eyes wide open all night thinking about this. Shocked
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 05:04 am
I don't understand. Is he a Mason in the Washington tradition or Scottish Rite? Because if it's Scottish Rite then the joke is hilarious and if not then the joke is on us. Or the onus is on us. I don't know which.

Joe(there's a monkey in a bucket of lard)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 05:55 am
If he had been one brick short, and it was in the center of the wall, then it would have been, well, not funny, but just as good.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 08:01 am
Oh wait!

I bed he took the measurements at the job site, but then actually built the wall in his living room. Since the floor was more level than the ground, he had one brick left over.

Well, I think that clears THAT up.

yeah, pretty funny.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 08:09 am
that joke sucked
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:56 am
shewolfnm wrote:
that joke sucked

Rolling Eyes Don't you GET IT?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:58 am
Sorry Kicky. I think you are one brick short of a load.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:02 am
It was funny because he forgot to take into consideration the humidity in the air while mixing his mortar. What kind of perfectionist would make such a silly mistake? Ha... hilarious!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:06 am
> yaaawwn<
0 Replies