It's All Men's Fault

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:11 am
I love men and all the stupid, insensitive, bologna-headed things they do. I love men because there is NO REASON to hate them. They are different than women. They think differently. They function differently. They an be extremely frustrating at times but I'd never swear off men. You just have to realize the differences and accept them. That's it. Accept that men function differently and the whole thing gets so much easier. Look how men have learned to "deal with" women. We do some pretty crazy things but men still love us. Why? Because they've accepted that we are completely different from them, with a different thought process. They still think we are insane ( :wink: ) and can't understand why we do what we do, but they've accepted it, and that's the key to dealing with the opposite sex. Understand that you may not understand their reasoning but that their reasoning will always be different from your own.

And before you say I must never have been hurt, let me assure you, I have.

Stray Cat, you sound like a bitter, unhappy person and that's sad because you are still quite young, no? Men are not the devil. Some men are not good men, that's true. But there are also some not-so-great women out there. Bashing the hell out of men because you've been hurt doesn't solve the problem, nor does it mend your broken heart.

We all trash the opposite sex in fun. Sometimes, in the heat of the moment we even say things that we don't mean. But you seem to have a genuine distaste for men and I can't understand why.

Also on the subject of being homosexual, why did you take such offence to that? Just curious because it was a valid question that wasn't mean or distasteful in any way.

And before we go any further, if you intend on jumping down my throat too and making a spectacle of yourself over my post, save yourself the time and just don't respond. I don't want to argue with you. I simply want to point out what I see and question why.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:24 am
Hold on, sister. You're not going to post on my thread and then tell me I can't respond.

Yes, I've been hurt recently and badly. So I've been blowing off a little steam here. Men do that sort of thing all the time and no one accuses them of being gay for it. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) So I thought that was pretty over the top.

And I hardly think that makes me a bitter, unhappy person. Maybe I'm unhappy at the moment, but I'm usually a very happy person who enjoys life and people.

I've had more laughs with people on these forums than you probably have, Bella. Maybe you need to lighten up, have more of a sense of humor, and chill out a little yourself.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:27 am
Reading again the thread title: it's all men's fault....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:32 am
Stray Cat wrote:
Hold on, sister. You're not going to post on my thread and then tell me I can't respond.

I asked you not to tear into me like you've done with others here if that was you intent because unlike you, I'm trying to be nice.
And darling, I'll post anywhere I want, regardless of whether it is "your" thread or not.

Stray Cat wrote:

Yes, I've been hurt recently and badly. So I've been blowing off a little steam here. Men do that sort of thing all the time and no one accuses them of being gay for it. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) So I thought that was pretty over the top.

No one "accused" you of being gay. It was a question. A simple question.

Stray Cat wrote:

And I hardly think that makes me a bitter, unhappy person. Maybe I'm unhappy at the moment, but I'm usually a very happy person who enjoys life and people.

You sound it. Jumping down everyones throat, making snide remarks. Yeah, you are a very happy person.

Stray Cat wrote:

I've had more laughs with people on these forums than you probably have, Bella. Maybe you need to lighten up, have more of a sense of humor, and chill out a little yourself.

You think, huh? Well, that's kinda funny, really. Considering I've been around longer, posted more and generally don't have temper tantrums like this thread. Not to mention, if you'd take the time to read some of my posts you'd see that I have a lot of silliness spread around here, along with a lot of laughs. So I guess, between you and I, I am the one who needs to lighten up and laugh with the great people of A2K.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:39 am
I wouldn't call responding to your post "tearing into you."

Hey, Bella, believe it or not this thread was started with a sense of humor and intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Sorry it upset you so much and you took it so seriously.

But where have I "jumped down" everybody's throat here?

I still think you need to chill out. Darling.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:40 am
Stray Cat wrote:
I wouldn't call responding to your post "tearing into you."

Hey, Bella, believe it or not this thread was started with a sense of humor and intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Sorry it upset you so much and you took it so seriously.

But where have I "jumped down" everybody's throat here?

I still think you need to chill out. Darling.

Ok, well if that's the case, I am woman enough to admit I was wrong. That should make you happy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:47 am
Has anyone else mentioned this?

Cat fight! Cat fight!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:48 am
http://www.smileys.ws/smls/laughing/00000001.gifhttp://www.smileys.ws/smls/laughing/00000001.gif
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:52 am
DrewDad wrote:
Has anyone else mentioned this?

Cat fight! Cat fight!

Not that it's worth it....Nothing to fight about.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:54 am
Stray Cat wrote:
... believe it or not this thread was started with a sense of humor and intended to be tongue-in-cheek

Stray Cat, I think you have to remember in a forum it is sometimes difficult to tell when someone is being flip. I have also misunderstood the intent of you posts on occasion, including this one. Sometimes your posts come across as angry and even mean spirited. Maybe you need to use that winking emoticon or something similar.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:00 am
with the absence of the changes in your voice.., facial expressions and body language, posts come of as rather flat.. and the meaning left up to the reader.

Some of your posts DO come off as angry stray cat? I dont think they ARE angry.. or that you ment them that way.. but I can see how they might be taken as such.

greenwitch has a good suggestion.. try using the little smilie faces sometimes and see if that helps some of us to get your meaning..
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:04 am
Ok, Green Witch, you make a good point. I can understand that sometimes you can post something and it just doesn't come across to others the way it sounds in your head -- the way you intended it.

Some people seemed to "get" what I was going for here, but there's always the possibility that some people "hear" it differently.

Like with Bella, just now. I thought she sounded angry as all get-out, but maybe she didn't mean it as harshly as it sounded to me.

Maybe we call all learn from that.

Hey, we learned something today, people!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:09 am
I am harsh sometimes, and I've admitted to it on several occasions. Being harsh doesn't mean I am trying to be mean. I am being blunt and honest. I don't mean to hurt feelings but sometimes, the truth as I see it, isn't pleasant.

If I hurt your feelings, I apologize.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:14 am
Confused hmmmm.... i failed to see humor in this or in other anti-men threads and posts. <shrug>
i don't see a point even if they were funny. after awhile it gets tiresome, humor or sans humor, to rip into the other gender. i hope it helps cure whatever it was intended to cure, although i can't see how in the world it would. oh well.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:20 am
Speaking on behalf of men everywhere, it really IS our fault.

But it isn't a fault come about due to ignorance. We know exactly what we're doing, and we love watching you women piss and moan about us.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*

Don't let my wife see this, mmkay?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:23 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Confused hmmmm.... i failed to see humor in this or in other anti-men threads and posts. <shrug>
i don't see a point even if they were funny. after awhile it gets tiresome, humor or sans humor, to rip into the other gender. i hope it helps cure whatever it was intended to cure, although i can't see how in the world it would. oh well.

You and me both, but I guess we aren't allowed to take it seriously.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:24 am
You made a good point too, shewolf. I didn't see your post until after I posted mine.

Bella -- naah, you didn't hurt my feelings. You startled me a little, but I've been told I'm very "direct" too, so I don't mind that in other people.
:wink: (Note use of emoticon)

See how women resolve things? Hey, we are pretty good! Yaaaay!
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:28 am
Stray Cat wrote:

See how women resolve things? Hey, we are pretty good! Yaaaay!

Note how this would never have been an issue with men in the first place?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:31 am
Yaaaay!!!! Razz
0 Replies

LoneHaranger

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:23 pm
I'm afraid I can't understand why somebody would come onto a thread just to say they don't think it's funny. Why not just find another thread you do like? There are so many to choose from here.

I also think it's normal for someone to feel bad, even bitter after a break-up. I've heard other guys say things like that about women in those situations. It happens. I think Stray Cat just wanted to vent.

But you don't have to tell someone they're never going to be happy. That just seems kind of mean spirited to me.

Men and women rag on each other sometimes. It's no big deal really, you just have to take it with a sense of humor. Very Happy

I thought Stray Cat's thread here was funny!

Stray Cat, hang in there! The right one will come along. We've all been there, but it gets better. :wink:
0 Replies