Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 03:29 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Frank Apisa said:
Quote:
The question makes sense...plenty of it.
Why not answer it?

I already have -- 3 times-- (and you know it) but you're still stuck in the sandtrap..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/bunker-shot_zps34afba38.jpg~original

Hey, try asking your mate Neologist or anybody else to answer it and maybe they'll have better luck helping you get back onto the fairway.
(Or better still join a sunday school class but don't let on you think Jesus was a liar and hypocrite or teech will make you sit on the naughty step)..Smile

You told us that Jesus said one thing...yet did the opposite.

You are either calling him a liar or a hypocrite.

I am still waiting for you to answer which it is.

If you want to pretend you already have...perhaps you should stick with that "fan club" of yours, because thinking people are not going to buy that stuff.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 09:50 am
@neologist,
Neo, did you miss this one? http://able2know.org/topic/64673-77#post-5464255
spendius

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 10:48 am
@mesquite,
Quote:
What physical perfection did they lose?

A hymen??
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 10:54 am
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:
What do you think is meant by this verse?
in Genesis 3:22 Moses wrote:
22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and bad was not poisonous. Rather, it represented God's right to set moral standards for his creation. In the same way, the fruit of the tree of life had no cosmic nutritional value. It represented the fulfillment of God's promise to Adam and Eve to continue living indefinitely, expanding the Garden of Eden earth wide. I can't find much more about it in the Bible; but we can surmise from the river of the water of life mentioned in the book of Revelation that the prospect held out to Adam and Eve continues to exist for their descendants. It seems logical to me that Adam and Eve would have partaken of the fruit of the tree of life had they not believed Satan's lie.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 11:24 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
@Romeo- You told us that Jesus said one thing...yet did the opposite.

No mate, the words are yours, YOU'RE calling him a liar and hypocrite, and you also said it's "more than likely" that Jesus supported the old laws of killing gays, witches and adulteresses.
Pretty strong stuff, we hope you can back it up ..Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Romeo's a tough nut to crack folks, don't mess with that one"- spoken by a demon through the mouth of a possessed woman in another forum to warn its mates
http://imageshack.us/a/img51/7025/zu1s.jpg
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 11:29 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

mesquite wrote:
What do you think is meant by this verse?
in Genesis 3:22 Moses wrote:
22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and bad was not poisonous. Rather, it represented God's right to set moral standards for his creation. In the same way, the fruit of the tree of life had no cosmic nutritional value. It represented the fulfillment of God's promise to Adam and Eve to continue living indefinitely, expanding the Garden of Eden earth wide. I can't find much more about it in the Bible; but we can surmise from the river of the water of life mentioned in the book of Revelation that the prospect held out to Adam and Eve continues to exist for their descendants. It seems logical to me that Adam and Eve would have partaken of the fruit of the tree of life had they not believed Satan's lie.

Amazing that all these things are logical for you...but you cannot see the logic of them NO KNOWING the difference between what was right or good....and what was bad or evil.

Think about it, Neo. You will be freer when you finally deal with the truth.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 11:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
You told us that Jesus said one thing...yet did the opposite.

No mate, the words are yours, YOU'RE calling him a liar and hypocrite, and you also said it's "more than likely" that Jesus supported the old laws of killing gays, witches and adulteresses.
Pretty strong stuff, we hope you can back it up ..Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Romeo's a tough nut to crack folks, don't mess with that one"- words of a demon speaking through the mouth of a possessed woman in another forum warning its mates
http://imageshack.us/a/img51/7025/zu1s.jpg

Romeo...if you have a fan club...it must be composed of people with no power to reason. Your arguments on this issue have been absurd.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 12:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Amazing that all these things are logical for you...but you cannot see the logic of them NO KNOWING the difference between what was right or good....and what was bad or evil.

If it ware not so durned important, Frank, I'd go back to picking fleas off Toby. (Fleas are really bad in Washington this year. And we're not supposed to overdo the flea zappin' juice.)

Frank. If there is a God who created us with power of reason and sense of fairness, He surely would explain to us why we have had 6000+/- years of human misery. The explanation starts in the first 3 chapters of Genesis. If we cain't get that, we cain't get nothin.

Look at RF, fer goodness sake.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 12:47 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

If it ware not so durned important, Frank, I'd go back to picking fleas off Toby. (Fleas are really bad in Washington this year. And we're not supposed to overdo the flea zappin' juice.)

Frank. If there is a God who created us with power of reason and sense of fairness, He surely would explain to us why we have had 6000+/- years of human misery. The explanation starts in the first 3 chapters of Genesis. If we cain't get that, we cain't get nothin.

Look at RF, fer goodness sake.

Interesting guesses.

They may be correct.

But they may be entirely wrong.

We are no further along in this discussion because of your guesses.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 12:48 pm
Frank Apisa said:
Quote:
Romeo...if you have a fan club...it must be composed of people with no power to reason. Your arguments on this issue have been absurd

Mate, as an atheist/agnostic/philosopher, you base your "reason" purely on your own airy-fairy guesses and hunches, and your personal bible is therefore full of blank pages.
Christians on the other hand have got the full weight of thousands of years of eyewitness reports of human encounters with off-world beings to draw upon..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Bible-two.gif
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 12:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Frank Apisa said:
Quote:
Romeo...if you have a fan club...it must be composed of people with no power to reason. Your arguments on this issue have been absurd

Mate, as an atheist/agnostic/philosopher, you base your "reason" purely on your own airy-fairy guesses and hunches, and your personal bible is therefore full of blank pages.
Christians on the other hand have got the full weight of thousands of years of eyewitness reports of human encounters with off-world beings to draw upon..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Bible-two.gif

Sorry Chum, but I am not making any guesses on these issues.

Another thing you are wrong about.

One thing your are correct about, though. My 'bible" is filled with blank pages. So is yours...but you cannot see that it is, because of the ink blocking your recognition.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 01:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Interesting guesses.

They may be correct.

Perhaps. But do you have a contingency plan if I'm right? I have one if I'm wrong: that is to continue living my life without change.
neologist

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 01:03 pm
@neologist,
Oh, and I guess I'd stop hammerin' ya.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 01:05 pm
Frank Apisa said:
Quote:
@Romeo-My 'bible" is filled with blank pages. So is yours...but you cannot see that it is, because of the ink blocking your recognition

As humans, none of us are perfect (for example I'm an ex-convict, a 3-month vigilante rap in 2002) so the last place we'd want to look for The Truth is within ourselves, it's far better to listen to the prophets and holy men.
Perhaps atheists think they're perfect and know it all and don't need anybody else..Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 01:19 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Interesting guesses.

They may be correct.

Perhaps. But do you have a contingency plan if I'm right? I have one if I'm wrong: that is to continue living my life without change.

Why would I need a contingency plan if you are right?

What do you see as wrong with the way I am living my life?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 03:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Perhaps atheists think they're perfect and know it all and don't need anybody else..Wink

You have that in reverse; it's because we know humans are prone to make mistakes in life, it's all part and parcel of living. We know nobody is perfect.

Your claim that we
Quote:
know it all and don't need anybody else..
is a totally ignorant claim - on your part. Where do you come up such stupid ideas?

God can't forgive you for offending others; only the offended can give forgiveness.

If you understood anything to do with social norms, you'd understand this fundamental reality.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 03:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know absolutely zilch about golf, so If I wanted to take it up, I'd go buy books to find out about it and ask Frank Apisa to give me lessons.
Same with Jesus, we know zilch about why we're trapped in these fleshy bodies on this ball of mud spinning through space without knowing how we got here or where we're going, so when Jesus saaid- "I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (Matt 13:35) I think I'll listen..Smile
Hey Spock will you listen to Jesus?

"Oh please Romeo, not another "I'm all ears" pun at my expense!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Spock-vwj.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 03:42 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
"I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world"

Science performs what most of us need to know about our environment, thank you! Fictional characters belong on the "funny-cartoon" pages.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 03:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
When the Israelites seemed trapped against the Red Sea, would that have been a good time for doubt?

"Yeah, Moses. But how do we know it's safe to cross to the other side now. Are you sure you're not just guessing?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 04:04 pm
Cicerone Imposter said:
Quote:
Science performs what most of us need to know about our environment, thank you! Fictional characters belong on the "funny-cartoon" pages

The whole nation of Israel and the roman garrison saw Jesus strutting his stuff for 3 long years, heck he was almost as big as Elvis..Smile
Science only deals with things we can see like atoms and molecules and chemicals in test tubes and stuff, but Jesus deals with stuff we can't see-
Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....I am not of this world" (John 8:14/ 8:23)
"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven - me" (John 3:13)
"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)
"In my fathers house are many mansions, I'm going on ahead to get them ready for you, then come back to take you there with me" (John 14:2-6)

0 Replies