O'Reilly - "Very Secret Plan to Diminish Christianity"

nimh

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:32 am
JustWonders wrote:
Interesting what nimh said about the difference between "nation" and "country".

This is what my online dictionary says:

Well, there you go. Learn something new beyond what the dictionary can tell you every day.

(The studies on what a nation is, entails and connotates are long and wide ... with the paradigm interestingly changing every other decade. Still, better heed to the current paradigm if you dont want too many people to misunderstand you or be offended)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:37 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
You will need more than a therapist to cure you of those hallucinations. LOL

The avatar - just curious, is this Sharon Stone simulating purdah, or a young Irene Pappas indulging in a filthy nicotine habit?

What happened to the gauzy photos of multi-sexual Chrissee?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:25 pm
You can identify it a mile away.

Well. You know what I mean.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 10:11 am
I'm curious--and not being snarky, honest:

How do you guys know when a poster is using an alter ego? Is it the style of writing? The one in question seems to be "outed" for this routinely...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 10:55 am
It's quite obvious, D'art. The one in question has a distinctive (and abrasive) style.

Just to recap the alter egos of this particular poster I'm aware of (although I'm sure there have been more):

Harper > Chrissee > Nikki > Roxxxanne.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:14 am
Aha. Thanks, Tico.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:19 am
I see I have landed in the the Tin Foil Hat Zone! You seem to be pretty abrasive yourself, Arnold. Are you this person too?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:28 am
D'artagnan wrote:
Aha. Thanks, Tico.

This guy posts here 25 times a day. He needs to find something more productive to do. Sherlock Holmes he ain't.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 12:03 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:
Aha. Thanks, Tico.

This guy posts here 25 times a day. He needs to find something more productive to do. Sherlock Holmes he ain't.

Very well ..... let's do this once again (and please try to be truthful this time): Are you denying that you have previously posted at this site at various times using the usernames: Harper, Chrissee, and Twin_Peaks_Nikki?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 02:15 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
I'm curious--and not being snarky, honest:

How do you guys know when a poster is using an alter ego? Is it the style of writing? The one in question seems to be "outed" for this routinely...

Elementary my dear D'artagnan.

In part it is the style of writing.

In part it's the Clark Kent/Superman dilemma: When one alter ego appears, the prior one disappears. (Although I don't know whether or not someone can maintain multiple personalities on A2K. The practice brought Abuzz to its knees.)

In part it's the fact that the "newbie" personae demonstrates an uncanny familiarity with the opinions of the various regulars, immediately upon being birthed. (I suppose this could be the result of seriously studying A2K for weeks prior to entering the fray, but does anyone really think that Harper-Nikki-Chrissee-Roxanne could hold her piece for even a minute let alone weeks?)

In part it's because some of them admit to it e.g bi-polar bear = blueveinedthrobber [what a charming moniker].
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 03:44 pm
and then there's gatos.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 06:00 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
I see I have landed in the the Tin Foil Hat Zone! You seem to be pretty abrasive yourself, Arnold. Are you this person too?

Something else Chrissee/Harper/bluesgirl/Roxxxane/twinpeaksnikki does is make a big deal out of people's avatars, and make gay sex insults.

Twinpeaks had the same photos, poetry (if you can call it that) and avatar for a while as Chrissee/Harper. Not too swift.

I can spot his "style"--extreme lack of, really--almost immediately.

One does wonder why someone would feel the need to create an alter to agree with himself on a thread. Issues....
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 11:24 pm
Lash wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Something else Chrissee/Harper/bluesgirl/Roxxxane/twinpeaksnikki does is make a big deal out of people's avatars, and make gay sex insults.

Twinpeaks had the same photos, poetry (if you can call it that) and avatar for a while as Chrissee/Harper. Not too swift.

One does wonder why someone would feel the need to create an alter to agree with himself on a thread. Issues....

Do you think Chrissee is a male?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 07:24 am
dyslexia wrote:
and then there's gatos.

Yes, how many names has he gone through now?

Italgato
Bocdaver
Mporter
Septembri
Chiczaira
Mortkat

He's really easy to spot. Just wait till he mentions Posner.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 07:26 am
Interesting tho how Italgato (etc) seems to exert the same irresistable temptation to engage with him among liberals as Harper/Chrissee (etc) does among conservatives.

I guess there's nothing more ideal, in a way, than someone who opposes you and is really, really icky/daft/whatever.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:02 am
Quote:
He's really easy to spot. Just wait till he mentions Posner.

nimh

That and his abiding love of things Canadian.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:29 am
Folks like these are why ad hominems are so tempting, yet so false. One of Niven's laws: There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 01:43 pm
Here's something we won't see a campaign against...

Quote:
More Americans are concerned about the commercialization of Christmas than about restrictions on public displays of religious symbols, according to a survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press.

Fifty-two percent of respondents said they were troubled by the commercialization of the holiday, while just 35 percent expressed concern about opposition to public religious displays.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Religion-Briefs.html
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 11:23 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Lash wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Do you think Chrissee is a male?

Your guess is as good as his.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 11:43 pm
Quote:
One of Niven's laws: There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it.

I'm a big Niven fan.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies