Our house, in the middle of our street.....

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 06:59 pm
Look at that pomegranite!!!

Oh, yes, and the room - kidding, Ul, I love the room. You are probably our most elegant a2ker...
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 07:53 am
ossobuco, you must be pulling my leg.
I wanted a practical kitchen, a less work kitchen, no dust collecting things anymore.
Kind of "being ready for old age" while I still can work and build up things myself. So I love the inside even better- pull out shelves.
BTW- all Ikea.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 09:36 am
(I just found out that there is a new IKEA 8 minutes -- 8 minutes!!! -- from my old house in Naperville. And the nearest one to my current house is about 3 hours away. Hmph!)

One thing I love about this thread is getting a sense of individual aesthetics, as a whole. That's what tends to impress me more than any given "style" or element -- like, I might not like eclectic clutter with one person and love it with another (ehBeth's pictures are exactly what I imagined from nuggets she's dropped here and there, very nice, I especially liked the globe bank, obviously a good eye in general), or not like sleek modernity with one person and love it with another.

Your office is looking very comfy and homey, Swimpy! Nice job.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 09:57 am
Did you get your Festivus tree yet, Soz?

We heard a radio ad last night.
Ikea.
Christmas trees $15 - and they give you a $15 coupon for $50 off your next purchase.
I suspect they have something similar but different where you are.
<are you positive positive positive there isn't a closer one? seems odd when there are so many around here>

The bookshelves in the back room - with the dressmaker's Judy - are my oldest Ikea pieces - purchased November or December 1982. They've held up well over all of the years and moves.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 10:10 am
No tree yet. We won't until we get back from Chicago. (We're going! Barring sozlet illness, knock on wood.)

You'd really really think there would be a closer IKEA, and I've written letters to them begging and everything, and hopefully one will appear soon (they've been popping up all over), but yep, I'm quite sure there isn't one that is closer. E.G. is confident that there will be one within 3 years. He has a theory involving Trader Joe's (TJ's just recently appeared in the area for the first time.) (Truthfully, if I had to choose between having a local IKEA or a local TJ's, I'd probably choose TJ's.)
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 10:12 am
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8884/catbuddha25zn.th.jpg

Our cat Buddhas meditating on the lawn this morning.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 10:27 am
<grinning>

for LTX ... click
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 10:38 am
My favorite lamp ever.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8753/lamp17ot.th.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:02 am
Wonderful lamp.. modernity and grace.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:04 am
ossobuco wrote:
Wonderful lamp.. modernity and grace.

But it's no Murphy bed. I loved the pics of your abode Osso. I can't believe you are moving.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:06 am
the reading room (dianes chair)
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgCNAssV9BJzqrbAMwmk4SX8zfYeFcWSvrXgs45o8Z5T6!7IJ!EhZ3bVegdjbCqCJI*5sa8YBRKNaZx*QyWneHfPdVa0O8Zr3zAWXuIeHgL4u45xaimVPQ/666%20002.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:07 am
the eating room (Dianes chair)
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgCLAqUWdmxzqrbAMwmk4dRGctO9D8Q2tPPouo9y98!kfvAoyWhz11NSRfvDBESVn0*n7cR5VLkZGupumEf3T!NFmG5B7LROhp5vqyyliO5Y*CmXaabKOQ/666%20003.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:13 am
ai yi yi
LionTamer's lamp
I'm going to have to go back upstairs with the camera ... there's something there ... other than a heap of dogs on top of Setanta.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:15 am
... there's a hand on that table Shocked ...

I do love that table top.
Does the box of beverages match?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:41 am
Lion, in the few years I've been here I never managed to fall in love with an available man of wealth who likes both me and old houses, and I can't keep the house up.

It hurts a little, as I envision some pleasant fixing up, mostly cosmetic - have figured out the colors, et al. I've done the electrical and plumbing and heating. On the other hand, it needs a new roof and I haven't tackled the kitchen, and on and on.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:53 am
Great thread idea. What a treat to see the different personalities reflected in these very interesting snapshots. Thanks so much for sharing them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 12:02 pm
ehBeth wrote:
... there's a hand on that table Shocked ...

I do love that table top.
Does the box of beverages match?
The table with the chairs is all hand-painted tiles and wrought iron, the beverages are;
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgD5AqYWu2xzqrbAMwmk4QBQs7TkUjprlBhd64NngPBhPFjXhBB3p0!tZk56PtMFxcFdFiAkQ7xOpylnTHLpWmF7Ac55jWcDtuNyRfBqTCPHQzeeI02j0w/666%20013.jpg
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 12:06 pm
Have a Pacifico one to me, Dys?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 12:07 pm
I really love that tiled table, dys.
Do the chairs have arms?
Are they comfy?

The beer looks colourful - how do the varieties compare?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 12:09 pm
You have to ask the lady Diane about the beer, it's hers.
0 Replies