Pat Robertson Again! Gosh You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 08:53 pm
Intrepid wrote:
6% ? That is high for an American beer, isn't it?

That depends on whether you're drinking bad american beer or good american beer. The beers I drink (mostly microbrews) are all around 6%.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 09:30 pm
I am most relieved to learn that there is a good American beer. ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 09:39 pm
You betcha.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:11 pm
Quote:
Robertson says Sharon's stroke is God's punishment

The Reverend Pat Robertson says Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's massive stroke could be God's punishment for giving up Israeli territory.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network told viewers of "The 700 Club" that Sharon was "dividing God's land," even though the Bible says doing so invites "God's enmity."

Robertson added, "I would say woe to any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course."

He noted that former Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated.

Robertson said God's message is, "This land belongs to me. You'd better leave it alone."

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:29 pm
Just read something on that five minutes ago, walter. Real genius, this fellow.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:34 pm
If you think he is an idiot? What should we call those Christians that follow and support him.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:21 pm
As a conservative weighing in here, you libs will be disappointed in my analysis. Robertson gives Christianity a bad name. The overwhelming majority of people I know would think the guy is way over the edge. He is a TV religion profiteer, basicly is my opinion. Conservative politicians know this whether they say it publicly or not. From some of the statements he's been making lately, frankly I think he's lost his marbles.

For once, I stunned you liberals by agreeing with you.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:34 am
okie wrote:
As a conservative weighing in here, you libs will be disappointed in my analysis.

Why is it that "libs" would be disappointed that there is at least one conservative who is not a nutcase who would support someone like Robertson?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 07:18 am
au1929 wrote:
If you think he is an idiot? What should we call those Christians that follow and support him.

IMO, a true Christian would never wish harm or ill will towards anyone. JC NEVER would support such a statement.

Therefore, those who follow this moron are NOT Christians and are also morons.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 07:26 am
Quote:
IMO, a true Christian would never wish harm or ill will towards anyone. JC NEVER would support such a statement.

They, his followers, would vociferously differ, W. They BELIEVE they have the truth. It's the rest of we misguided creatures who are lost.

Those are the same nodding heads who shoved the completely, as we now know for sure, incompetent moron, George W. Bush, into the White House. Twice.

Joe(It doesn't matter what JC would say, Pat has the podium)Nation
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 07:31 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:

They, his followers, would vociferously differ, W. They BELIEVE they have the truth. It's the rest of we misguided creatures who are lost.

Those are the same nodding heads who shoved the completely, as we now know for sure, incompetent moron, George W. Bush, into the White House. Twice.

Joe(It doesn't matter what JC would say, Pat has the podium)Nation

You are correct. Those "followers" have been brainwashed into believing Robertson knows the "truth".

Luckilly, we have extremests morons on the left side of the "ledger" who cancel the votes of the right side morons.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:13 am
There is no organized movement on the left that comes anywhere close to the delusional nature and the sheer numbers of these far right Evangelical "Christians."
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:45 am
Have you forgotten the Louis Farrakhans, Jesse Jacksons, and etc.? I think they are just as nutty on the left, and they have a pretty big following. Indidentally, when elections draw near, who do we see in churches working up the crowds? Lots of times Democrats. I still remember Gore in the black church hollering, trying to sound like the old time black preacher, even using the same words and inflections in his shouting. It was not only funny, it was quite revealing. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against old time black preachers. Its just that Gore was a put-on. He was a fake.

Remember during Katrina, was it Farrakhan, I don't remember, one guy said it was likely that Bush blew up the dikes to kill all the black people in New Orleans. And many of his followers probably still believe him. Pure poison I would call it.

By the way, I know lots of people of the Christian faith, and I don't know any that follow Pat Robertson. I know he has followers, but even his followers probably would not follow him down the road of his silly comments.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:01 am
True Christian. Can someone tell me the definition of a true Christian?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:02 am
Bush blew up the dikes to kill all the black people in New Orleans.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:05 am
Someone that follows Christ and his teachings, not just in word, but action. It is basicly embodied in two great commandments, to love God, and to love others as yourself. Only God can be the true judge of who accomplishes that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:06 am
Please leave your homophobic comments to yourself Dys.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:16 am
McGentrix wrote:
Please leave your homophobic comments to yourself Dys.

Please kiss my go to hell McG
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:34 am
McG, I got the joke. Not bad.
0 Replies