Pat Robertson Again! Gosh You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:13 pm
Actually, Kansas voted them out a couple of years ago, but then they snuck back in. Kansas will probably follow suit next.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:17 pm
Kansas is having a rough time, isn't it?

First the BTK killer, now Intelligent Design in the schools. Just keeps getting worse and worse for the heartland. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:44 pm
J_B wrote:
Yeah, but what hope is there for Kansas? I'd move to Dover, PA before I would consider Kansas!

Kansas is safe though. mark my word, you will never see major tornadoes in Kansas as long as they tow the Yahweh line.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:51 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
Kansas is having a rough time, isn't it?

First the BTK killer, now Intelligent Design in the schools. Just keeps getting worse and worse for the heartland. Crying or Very sad

The BTK killer did his killings primarily in the 70's and 80's. He was just convicted and put away earlier this year. Why is that a bad thing?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:03 pm
Ah, the tactic again.

Pretending that you think KW said it WAS a bad thing that the killer was convicted, whereas it is clear to anyone reading without intent to twist that he meant that the state ever being beset by such a killer was the bad thing....

The twistinq quibble then being, I suppose, meant to embroil KW into defending against something he never said, and the intent and meat of his post (such as it was, it is but a throwaway line) being ignored...and, if you are lucky, others being drawn into a completely nonsensical and mendacious fray.

This is the type of thing I mean when I point out your ploys as being like those of a lawyer cross examining in a losing case.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:43 pm
dlowan wrote:
Ah, the tactic again.

Pretending that you think KW said it WAS a bad thing that the killer was convicted, whereas it is clear to anyone reading without intent to twist that he meant that the state ever being beset by such a killer was the bad thing....

The twistinq quibble then being, I suppose, meant to embroil KW into defending against something he never said, and the intent and meat of his post (such as it was, it is but a throwaway line) being ignored...and, if you are lucky, others being drawn into a completely nonsensical and mendacious fray.

This is the type of thing I mean when I point out your ploys as being like those of a lawyer cross examining in a losing case.

Ah, the attempt to analyze.

KW implied the BTK killer was a bad thing, and did it in such a way to imply it was a recent bad thing. "First the BTK killer, now Intelligent Design in the schools." The point I was making, since you seem incapable of figuring it out for yourself, was KW appears to be completely ignorant of the BTK case. The only other option would be he thinks the BTK being put in prison was a bad thing for Kansas, and that would be stupid, so obviously that is not what KW, nor I, meant.

It was a throwaway line, so your creating the nonsensical fray is bewildering.

Your ability to analyze me is pathetically bad, Deb. Perhaps you should stop.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:47 pm
Quote:
KW implied the BTK killer was a bad thing

No he didn't, you inferred it. Take a breath.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:57 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Ah, the tactic again.

Ah, the attempt to analyze.

KW implied the BTK killer was a bad thing, and did it in such a way to imply it was a recent bad thing. "First the BTK killer, now Intelligent Design in the schools." The point I was making, since you seem incapable of figuring it out for yourself, was KW appears to be completely ignorant of the BTK case. The only other option would be he thinks the BTK being put in prison was a bad thing for Kansas, and that would be stupid, so obviously that is not what KW, nor I, meant.

It was a throwaway line, so your creating the nonsensical fray is bewildering.

Your ability to analyze me is pathetically bad, Deb. Perhaps you should stop.

Ah, how he wriggles upon his self made hook!

Your hypocrisy in lying as you do,Tico, is interesting in light of your alleged hatred of Clinton for lying>

Tico ploy question:

Why do you only believe lying is significant when under oath? Why do you so clearly support lying in other circumstances?

You propose lying is fine except under oath. Why?

So. How did KW "Imply it was a recent bad thing"?

Even if he did, how does this lead to your lie that he thought convicting this person was a bad thing?

Oh, I know you will quibble and wriggle and say you never said this.......yet, any normal, non bad lawyer, reading your ****, would say this is exactly what you said.

Tico ploy:

So, you admit you lied? You no longer allege LW said that it was a bad thing the fella was convicted.

What is your current lie?

Why do you so support lying?
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:56 pm
I clicked on Maya's name by mistake and found this, Maya's member profile:

Quote:
I was born a poor black child. I remember the days sitting on the porch with my family singing and dancing, down in Mississippi.

... I remember those days when I sang and danced with my family on the porch of the old house. But things change and with all the additions to the family we had to tear down the old house, even though we loved it. But we built us a bigger one.

It was shortly afterwards that we moved back to Costa Rica, and I took up the trapeze full-time. It was an odd vocation, requiring many long, arduous hours of practice to perfect, but in the end it paid off, and I was able to survive a long career traveling around with the circus.

But I had always wanted to sail the seas, and while I always had an eye for younger women, I eventually ended up in Paris, looking for answers to questions that had been bothering me. As the years flew by me in a blur, one day I decided to hop on a freighter, and I skidded the ocean back to Costa Rica, where I took up the study of law. Bored with that, I took a train north to nowhere, and ended up in the middle of it.

I'm retired from all that now, and enjoying my time relaxing, playing soccer whenever I can, and drinking my Green Label each day. I enjoy the quiet clean country living here in the heartland.

What a hoot!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:03 pm
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
What a hoot!

Didn't know I was skilled in the trapeze arts, did you?
0 Replies

bluesgirl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:10 pm
What gets me about Robertson is that he is often seen on cable shows as a so-called expert. What gives?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:19 pm
Gee, you really couldn't make this stuff up. Interesting reading :-) Now, what what all this about that weird Robertson guy? ;-)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:24 pm
Hi, 'trep. Is this thread about Robertson? I'd forgotten.

Welcome to A2K, bluesgirl. I hope you enjoy your stay. Be sure to visit the Music & Lyrics forum. You might find it fun.

What is he touted as being an expert on? Politics? Religion? Prognostication?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:32 pm
God, he gets his stuff straight from the source, dontyaknow!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:33 pm
I think he (Robertson) thinks he knows the inner workings of god's mind.

Apparently they resemble his own rawther a lot.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:36 pm
Not nice, bunny. Nothing about Robertson seems to resemble anything about God. IMHO.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:11 pm
Intrepid, you are seeing everything as an attack.

This wasn't.

My point was that nuts like Robertson BELIEVE they know what god wants, and, in my experience, such damaged and primitive egos see in their god the worrying workings of their own minds.

Oddly enough, it wasn't an attack on all christians.

Would you agree that this accurately delineates Robertson's personality?
0 Replies

bluesgirl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:14 pm
edit
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:15 pm
dlowan wrote:
Intrepid, you are seeing everything as an attack.

This wasn't.

My point was that nuts like Robertson BELIEVE they know what god wants, and, in my experience, such damaged and primitive egos see in their god the worrying workings of their own minds.

Oddly enough, it wasn't an attack on all christians.

Would you agree that this accurately delineates Robertson's personality?

dlowan,
I did not see this as an attack on Christians. I saw it as a negative comment on God. I do agree with you about Robertson. I have forced myself to look at some of his television broadcasts so that I could form my own opinion. He may call himself a man of God, but I think he is a man of his own dilusions and tries to fit God into his own feeble thoughts.

As long as it is not viewed that all Christians follow in this manner.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:17 pm
Unfortunately, it seems that many US christians respect him.
0 Replies