No Woman...No Drive

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 10:51 am
even civics sometimes have bad years. It sounds like a good deal, but I still think you should have the dealer show you the carfax report on the car before you buy it.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 11:03 am
Slappy, no you can't have my car. But it is fun to drive and I like it. If you come down to the Texas gathering in Austin in October, I'll give you a ride in it though.

Oh, but I forgot, you don't like to take time out from your busy social schedule. :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 11:34 am
But Slappy...it's a $70,000 car...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 11:47 am
I know...you want a real thrill of a car to drive...take a new-body M3 for a spin. Jay-zus...if I owned one, I'd be wrapped around a tree within a week. Made my car feel like a Yugo when I got back in and hit the gas.
Congrats on the Civic, sounds like a decent deal.
K', carfax is definitely good, but it doesn't always show if the car's been in an accident. It's good to make sure the car has a clean title history. Best precaution is having a 3rd party mechanic check out the car.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 11:51 am
I wish. M3's are pretty common around here, but I always seem to be passing them. Occasionally you'll see some crazy ass fools racing down El Camino, a Porshe Carrera, Ferrari, and a BMW Dinan 3/5/8, or something.

Steve Dinan once drove my car.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 12:41 pm
yes, a third party mechanic is good. It may be trouble now, but it may save lots more trouble later. Ask me how I know.

It's true, it's tempting to race my car. But truthfully I hate to drive too fast unless it's open road, and then it's so easy to get the speed up high. But what I like about it the most is how I'm first from the stop light. Check to make sure it's clear (always, I always do that, once when I checked, it was a very good thing I had) and then gently put my foot on the gas. I'm always first. My grandson says it's "faster than the cop cars" but I've never tested it to know for sure. Think I'll remain ignorant on that. It's been a fun car to own. Never mind the price.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 12:46 pm
Um, you're definitely faster than cop cars...that doesn't take too much.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 12:50 pm
That's always nice to know......makes me feel all nice and safe. Guess I better depend on myself then, I'll have to out run the criminals.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 02:03 pm
Slappy, are you familiar with Dinan?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:36 pm
Yup. Pretty familiar, haven't bought any products though.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:39 pm
I used to take my car to his shop back when it was cheaper than the dealerships (for regular non performance enhancing service). One day, I get back there to pick up my car, and he comes driving in with it. He'd done the test drive.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:45 pm
That's pretty cool. I'm sure that guy's got more money than God. BMW dealers sell/warranty Dinan products now.
BMW's are pretty damn expensive to mod...and you have to spend a small fortune to get just a small performance increase. Not really worth it to me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:53 pm
I agree, but you see Dinan's here all the time. I saw brand new 850's in his shop regularly when I used to go there. The Dinan 5 is a beautiful car.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:59 pm
They are...basically, once you spend enough money on Dinan products, you get an official "Dinan" badge for your car. Each product is worth a certain number of points, and you need to get enough points to get the Dinan badge. Good marketing, at least.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 05:00 pm
Either points or a screwdriver... Wink

I have a Dinan license plate frame! Woopie!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 05:33 pm
I was behind a chick who was putting on her make up this a.m. on my way to work. I kept waiting for her to **** up, but she didn't. And it was in-town traffic through lights and pedestrians.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:19 pm
she probably came out looking like a clown
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 08:44 am
Little K, you really weren't "behind" a chick...that was just you looking back at yourself from the mirror.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 09:05 am
what's wrong with putting makeup on while driving? i can now do it in fast turns in a matter of seconds. actually, there should be a race of wimin drivers putting makeup on - measured for speed and accuracy.
but slappy, i need advise also. you'd know. we need a good bimmer service place in or around boston, for our '98 M3. you drive one also, right? where do you take your baby for tune-ups? is Koko any good (german motors service place)?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 09:09 am
Slappy - Doh! Actually, good try, but I don't wear makeup.
0 Replies