No Woman...No Drive

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 04:47 pm
I've done good lately against the evil of the roads: women drivers.

Within the last week, I've witnessed two blunders by those zany women drivers, and helped insurance companies track them down.

1) Saw a woman decide to take a left hand turn in an attempt to go down a side street...into a stopped vehicle partially blocking the side street. She proceeded to yell at the stopped car. I signed a witness statement stating she is a moron.

2) Saw a woman back up her vehicle out of the parking space, continue backing up a good 15 feet, into another parked vehicle, bending the hood. Thinking this is normal, she proceeded to drive off. I got her license plate number and provided it to the poor guy with a freshly bent hood.

Join me, friends, in my brigade. And please don't apply make-up, talk on your cell phone, think too hard about reciting song lyrics, and pet your precious poodle in your lap, all at the same time, while driving.

In other news, my left ankle has really been hurting me all day. For no reason.

Proceed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 20,931 • Replies: 183
No top replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 05:01 pm
LOL! I'm not one of those drivers. I'm good I tell ya ;-)
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 05:06 pm
on the topic of women drivers, where to begin.........................
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 05:21 pm
Slapp... it all starts here, with you.

You should simply refuse to sell a car to a woman. Or any guy who has a wife. Or even a girlfriend.

Just say whoa, man!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 07:54 pm
Seal, that would cut into my monies, dog.

I hear you, but I can't go messing with my income.

Does a crack dealer really care what happens after the sale? Of course not. Even though selling a car to a woman is much more dangerous than crack...I think you get my point.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 07:57 pm
So what do you have to say about little old men (drivers) in hats, then?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 07:57 pm
So what do you have to say about little old men (drivers) in hats, then?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 08:00 pm
hahaha!
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 11:30 pm
A few weeks ago I passed a woman who was driving in the left lane on a 4-lane freeway. She was toodling along at 50 mph, using the rear-view mirror to apply mascara while everyone zipped by her at 65mph.

Okay, no sweat. Not unusual in California. But the traffic was bumper-to-bumper even at that speed, flowing quickly past her, creating about 200 yards of free space in front of her car.

Of course she didn't notice when the rush-hour traffic slowed. Or when it almost stopped. She kept going 50 mph through the 200 yards of free space, until *panic!* slammed on the brakes to stop in time! She also thought to go halfway onto the shoulder, just in case. Not fully onto the shoulder. Just half way.

As her left tires were in the sand and right tires on dry pavement, the car immediately spun around -- 3 full rotations at high speed! She ended up driving backwards in her own lane, going 40 mph dazed and confused, facing the wrong way. All the other traffic on the freeway observed this unusual maneuver and started to slow down and edge away from her, calmly and smoothly making space around her.

She could have continued backwards just fine, and gradually slowed down, but no, decided to scream and panic, throwing the steering wheel fully to one side. A couple of fishtails and another 2 full spinouts(!) later, she slid sideways to a stop, still in the fast lane.

Other people didn't seem to mind. The entire freeway just came to a halt all around her, so they could see what she was up to. No collisions, no broken glass or bent metal. Just a woman with bad makeup, trying to drive in the fast lane.

She sat for half a minute freaking out, then turned her car to point in the right direction, and started driving again. Still in the fast lane. Right back to 50 mph.

I admire people who avoid accidents. And those who have the ability to apply mascara while driving. It makes a very interesting commute.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:03 pm
Slappy - where were you when the arse who drove into my car (happened twice) left w/o a note!

Lots of bad drivers on the road... not all women.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:19 pm
I was peeling down the street...sorry.

I feel your pain. I recently found a nice gash on my front bumper...bastards.

Ok, not "all" women.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:30 pm
I have a dent. On my new used car. I think it happened within 5 months of owning the thing.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 12:44 pm
Lets talk about men drivers for a sec shall we ;-) I agree that women who apply makeup while driving are a hazzard, but lots of men have this terrible habit of looking at the person in the passengers seat while they're talking to them which drives me strait up the wall. Don't these guys know that they don't have to look at people for them to hear them. The other day I was driving behind these two guys in a pickup truck and at first I thought the driver was drunk because he was all over the road and then I noticed that he was spending more time looking at the guy next to him in the truck than he was looking at the road. What's up with that?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:07 pm
Around here, it's not women, it's asians. I don't know what kind of cultural issue this is, but they simply (with a few exceptions) cannot drive. I have a good friend originally from Taiwan and I went with him to lunch one day, he drove, and I wanted to crawl into the backseat and hide. The worst is an asian driving a Volvo talking on a cellphone. A definite WMD.

In their defense, I have an american born chinese girlfriend who you think learned to drive from A.J. Foyt.

What is it with Volvo drivers anyway? I think 99% of people who buy them know they are lousy drivers and are gonna crash, so they want to be protected when they do.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:12 pm
Little K...that's a shame. In my mission, I would have taken their plate number if I saw them hit your car. Especially if it was a woman.

What's up with that is the guy in the pickup was just a plain moron who couldn't drive. I hope you drove by him and angrily pumped your fist in the air. That gets em' all the time.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:13 pm
Women.

Asians.

Old people.

They're all going down.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:13 pm
hmmmmm that's some sort of double standard.....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:14 pm
I always leave a note under the wipers. It usually says something like "Sorry 'bout that."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:23 pm
Slappy
I would have, but I couldn't pass his seeings he was all over the road.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 01:24 pm
Double standard? Don't know what you're talking about.

After I smash someone's car, I always leave a note, with my phone number. My phone number is 867-5309, ask for Jenny.
0 Replies