Home remedies, concoctions, comforts & cures ...

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 11:50 am
Hives, oatmeal bath works for ten minutes only. Benedryl, perhaps only a half of one, as stopping the histamine production is what it is all about. Not a homemade concoction but works when done at home in or out of bathtub.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 02:10 pm
Msolga--

Piffka has explained meat tenderizer.

According to several dermatologists, strong belief in any given wart remedy is the key to the remedy actually curing warts.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:50 am
the prince wrote:
Coconut oil is best for dull lifeless hair - warm it up by inserting in a bowl of hot water and give yrself a good scalp massage with it. I normally do this twice every week and leave it on overnight.

Just dont do it when you have a hot date....

... um, you wrap a towel around your head when you go to bed at night, G? I'm thinking of the pillows! And you need to give yourself a good, thorough shampoo the next day?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:53 am
Nah, but I do keep a towel on my pillow Laughing <trying to think what I would look like with a towel arnd my head - specially these days, when the english are really afraid of "towelheads" Twisted Evil)

And yeah, a good shampoo next day - I use only herbal stuff, none of the crap chemicals for me...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:55 am
dagmaraka wrote:
... headache - i was shown in nagaland how to release pressure by pulling on a string of hair right where your headache is until you hear a pop. I can't do it myself, but I had it done and it does work! (or aspirin, or sex, the latter is preferrable methinks...)

Very Happy Whatever does the trick, dag!

I'm going to try that hair pulling remedy! Just want to see if it does work. Fascinating!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:58 am
the prince wrote:
Nah, but I do keep a towel on my pillow Laughing <trying to think what I would look like with a towel arnd my head - specially these days, when the english are really afraid of "towelheads" Twisted Evil)

And yeah, a good shampoo next day - I use only herbal stuff, none of the crap chemicals for me...

But it MUST be coconut oil, right? Or is this an Indian remedy while the Italians do the same thing with olive oil?
Tell me, how is your hair the day after the "treatment"? (I'm thinking of doing it!)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:01 am
Noddy24 wrote:
...According to several dermatologists, strong belief in any given wart remedy is the key to the remedy actually curing warts.

Laughing

And many other ailments, too, probably! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:03 am
ossobuco wrote:
Hives, oatmeal bath works for ten minutes only. Benedryl, perhaps only a half of one, as stopping the histamine production is what it is all about. Not a homemade concoction but works when done at home in or out of bathtub.

osso

The bathtub? You take it there? Please elaborate, I'm interested! I get hives!!!!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:06 am
It has to be 100% pure coconut oil. And believe me, for someone who does not like cocnut, it is pure torture putting that stuff on my head. It STINKS !!

But next day, my hair is as shiny as the dew drenched blade of grass which is bathed by the first ray of the morning sunlight, silky as the whispers of yr lovers in yr ear..... Twisted Evil
msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:07 am
<sigh> Any sure fire home remedies for "the blues"? I'm asking for a friend, of course! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:09 am
the prince wrote:
It has to be 100% pure coconut oil. And believe me, for someone who does not like cocnut, it is pure torture putting that stuff on my head. It STINKS !!

But next day, my hair is as shiny as the dew drenched blade of grass which is bathed by the first ray of the morning sunlight, silky as the whispers of yr lovers in yr ear..... Twisted Evil

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm definitely going to do it then, G! Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:26 am
Remember, warm it up by immersing it into hot water before applying it !!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:29 am
Right! Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 02:45 am
msolga wrote:
<sigh> Any sure fire home remedies for "the blues"? I'm asking for a friend, of course! :wink:

Yeah dress up in yr finery and go to the nearest gay town - flirt like hell without "raising" any expectation (or anything else). Believe me, it will cheer you up to no end.

Alternatively, send me a plane ticket to you home.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:01 am
I think I'll opt for the plane ticket solution, G. Otherwise I'd have to get flirting tuition here! Not My forte, I'm afraid! Razz :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:04 am
... so when will you be arriving here, G? :wink:
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:12 am
Book Mark
0 Replies

kingofmen

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:40 am
TO KEEP MOSQUITOES AWAY FROM YOUR HOUSE:

burn the skin of oranges or pomelos. Mosquitoes are afraid of this smell
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 04:01 am
Thanks for that, k.o.m. Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 04:41 am
well, olga, if the blues don't go away, you might as well make the best of it. sometimes it can be nice. dig out all those old photographs and letters, browse through them over some red wine and chocolate. you'll remember how rich your life is, how lucky you are and how good it is to be alive.

or go to the gym, sweat it out.

and lots of sunshine. direct sunlight produces happy chemicals that flood your brain.
0 Replies