Libby indicted

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 07:35 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Quote:
"Well, I hate America, Louis. I hate this country. It's just big ideas, and stories, and people dying, people like you.

The white cracker who wrote the national anthem knew what he was doing. He set the word 'free' to a note so high nobody can reach it. That was deliberate. Nothing on earth sounds less like freedom to me."

Belize from Angels in America

Let's see, there is China, Burma, Cuba, Zimbabwe, Syria, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Turkmenistan, Iran, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Vietnam, and Eritrea (to name but a few), but it is pretty clear that America leads them all in terms of oppression.

Only Finn would try to rebut a quote from a character in a play. I don't think Belize lived in any of those other countries.

Anyway, it is pretty sad when the right has to trot out Cuba and Saudi Arabia as examples of countries less oppressive than the US.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 07:37 am
Quote:
in·va·sion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-vzhn)
n.
The act of invading, especially the entrance of an armed force into a territory to conquer.

Nope, Missiles are NOT an invasion. They might be invasive but certainly NOT an invasion.

Words have meanings Mortkat, try looking them up before you change them.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:41 am
englishmajor
Good riddens. You will not be missed.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:55 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Only Finn would try to rebut a quote from a character in a play.

Only you would quote a character in a play to try and make a point.
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 12:55 pm
You are too simple, Good Sir Parados. Your point is well taken about invasion vs. invasive but I am perplexed as to why you did not address the rest of my post.

Another line from Clinton's speech on Dec. 16th 1998

But once more, the United States has proven that although we are never eager to use force, WHEN WE MUST ACT IN AMERICA'S VITAL INTERESTS, WE WILL DO SO"

end of quote.

Now, Parados, the true leaders, the electorate, will vote in November 2006 as to whether the country should continue with a majority Republican House and a majority Republican Senate.

I hope you are not so retarded in your political acumen that you think, despite the "polls" that the American people will hand over the majority in either the Senate or the House before President Bush is finished with his second term.

I hope to be on these threads in November 2006 and I will remind some of my prediction.
Cheers-Parados
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:40 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Only Finn would try to rebut a quote from a character in a play.

Only you would quote a character in a play to try and make a point.

I wasn't making a point but only an idiot would not utilize literature to make points.

"What fools these mortals be"

You can take the hick out of the cornfield but you can't take the cornfield out of the hick.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 11:21 pm
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Quote:
"Well, I hate America, Louis. I hate this country. It's just big ideas, and stories, and people dying, people like you.

The white cracker who wrote the national anthem knew what he was doing. He set the word 'free' to a note so high nobody can reach it. That was deliberate. Nothing on earth sounds less like freedom to me."

Belize from Angels in America

Let's see, there is China, Burma, Cuba, Zimbabwe, Syria, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Turkmenistan, Iran, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Vietnam, and Eritrea (to name but a few), but it is pretty clear that America leads them all in terms of oppression.

Only Finn would try to rebut a quote from a character in a play. I don't think Belize lived in any of those other countries.

Anyway, it is pretty sad when the right has to trot out Cuba and Saudi Arabia as examples of countries less oppressive than the US.

Only nikki would find it surprising that someone might respond to a statement crafted with undeniable deliberation and intent.

Only nikki would stumble so clumsily around obvious sarcasm and read my comment as delineating the countries that are less oppressive than the US.

Nikki: Setting aside your complete misinterpretation of my comment, how is it that you did not find it "sad" that I (and my ilk) would "trot" out Burma, Zimbabwe, China, Etria, Sudan, Egypt, North Korea, Turkmenistan, Belarus, Usbekistan, Pakistan, Vietnam and Libya as examples of "countries less oppressive than the US? This suggests that you have no problem with the notion that these countries are, in fact, less oppressive than the US.

Speaks volumes.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 11:27 pm
au1929 wrote:
englishmajor
Good riddens. You will not be missed.

Laughing Laughing Thank you! Won't be missed by YOU, anyway. But my friends and family.......well....that's a different story. But America - don't miss ya at all! How nice it is to live without fear every day. They do manufacture that particular product well, don't they?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 11:46 pm
Well, if America was really as bad as you make it out to be, you couldn't get away with being such a juvenile rabble rouser.

What kind of thinking person spews gratuitous derision on the homeland of those hosting her? None, that's what kind.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 12:06 am
snood wrote:
Well, if America was really as bad as you make it out to be, you couldn't get away with being such a juvenile rabble rouser.

What kind of thinking person spews gratuitous derision on the homeland of those hosting her? None, that's what kind.

Someone who revels in the stirring of sh*t.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 12:10 am
Yeah. And if voting really did any good it'd be illegal.
The fact that Americans can spew what they want on internet doesn't mean a thing as far as freedom. Do you think homeland security dukes of hazzard types are worried about keyboard commandos? They do manage to shut down the websites that might do damage to their image.

What are you talking about here? Hosting me? Which country is 'hosting' me?

Interesting that what you have to say is labeled by you as debate or discussion. Anyone else is labeled a rabblerouser or 'spewing'. Whatever.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 12:15 am
Only Finn would so clumsily attempt to mask his futile attempt to debate a fictional character with an irrelevant non-sequitur.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 12:26 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Only Finn would so clumsily attempt to mask his futile attempt to debate a fictional character with an irrelevant non-sequitur.

Swing and a miss --- strike three!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 05:58 am
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2005/db051118.gif
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 11:51 am
Blatham has apparently lost his ability to write and now uses the mindless Trudeau to atempt a smear.

I will be watching carefully in November 2006 after the House and Senate remain in Republican hands to see whether Trudeau has enough integrity to react.

He won't since he is a Frenchman.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:40 pm
Yeah and dead, to boot.

Joke time:

"Sen. Hillary Clinton called for President Bush to begin pulling troops out of Iraq next year. And let me tell you something, when it comes to telling a president when to pull out, no one has more experience than Hillary Clinton." --Jay Leno

"President Bush's approval rating now down to 35%. To give you an idea about how unpopular President Bush is right now, he wasn't even invited to the White House Christmas party." --Jay Leno

"President Bush was called for jury duty in Texas. Whew, finally some good news for Tom DeLay." --Jay Leno

"It seems the Pentagon has been paying Iraqi journalists to promote a proWhite House view in Iraqi newspapers. See, luckily, we don't have that kind of thing here. We have Fox News." --Jay Leno

"Earlier today, President Bush sent out 1.4 million Christmas cards to friends and supporters. Yeah, in a related story, Vice President Dick Cheney sent out three. And they all say 'I'm gonna get you'" --Conan O'Brien
"California Congressman Duke Cunningham resigned from office after admitting he broke the law by taking $2.4 million dollars in bribes. It's kind of ironic. The only time you can be really be sure that a politician is telling the truth is when he's admitting that he's a crook." --Jay Leno

"Imagine being too unethical for Congress. That's like a rat hair getting kicked out of a hot dog." --Jay Leno

"Little reminder for all you lobbyists, oil executives and defense contractors out there, only 26 more shopping days to buy a congressman." --Jay Leno

"In his speech President Bush said we need to rebuild Iraq, provide the people with jobs, and give them hope. If it works there maybe we'll try it in New Orleans." --Jay Leno

Way to go America. What a scrungy country....
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:43 pm
blatham wrote:
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2005/db051118.gif

Laughing Laughing Lost upon the 'merikans who don't even know who the PM is.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:49 am
englishmajor wrote:
Yeah and dead, to boot.

Garry Trudeau is dead?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 09:25 am
Katie will be so ... shocked Smile
0 Replies

JustWonders