Libby indicted

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 10:06 pm
snood wrote:
You'll be alright.

Oh, I will, but Libby will not.

But that doesn't matter to you does it snood? For, as we know, Libby as a conservative Republican and the henchman of the Great Satan Dick Cheney is deserving of far worse than this ruination of his otherwise normal life.

For you the crime Libby is guilty of has nothing to do with vague discrepancies in his testimony but everything to do with the fact that he is The Enemy.

Nailing Libby on this specious charge is akin to nailing Capone on tax evasion. Whatever it takes to bring the villain down. Right?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 10:32 pm
Relax your melodrama.

Libby worked for, and went down protecting, a stoat of a vice-president who tried to hurt someone personally and professionally for daring to expose some of the dubious intelligence that got us in this ungodly mess of a war.

He got convicted for his efforts, and I think its fair and just. But I wish Cheney and that toad of a president could also be touched by any justice at all.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 10:34 pm
snood wrote:
Relax your melodrama.

Libby worked for, and went down protecting, a stoat of a vice-president who tried to hurt someone personally and professionally for daring to expose some of the dubious intelligence that got us in this ungodly mess of a war.

He got convicted for his efforts, and I think its fair and just. But I wish Cheney and that toad of a president could also be touched by any justice at all.

I rest my case.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 10:37 pm
Ooh, you "proved" I think Libby is a representative of a crooked and evil administration. Amazing. You gonna pull a rabbit from a hat next?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 11:06 pm
snood wrote:
Ooh, you "proved" I think Libby is a representative of a crooked and evil administration. Amazing. You gonna pull a rabbit from a hat next?

This may be unfair because I don't know specificaly that you are among those who deplored the President's use of "The Axis of Evil" to describe Iraq, Iran and North Korea, but I have this sense that you were likely to, at least, be sympathetic to those who did.

Let's compare the regimes of North Korea, Iran, and Saddam's Iraq to that of the Bush Administration.

If the latter is "crooked and evil" than surely the former are/were born of the seventh circle of Hell, and yet so many found such talk to be unproductive.

Obviously you are entitled to believe the Bush Administration is "evil," but then you are also entitled to believe that Obama is The Second Coming, Jews were responsible for 911, Bigfoot is really roaming around the forests of Washinton, and salt leads to hypertension.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 11:07 pm
Rests his case because there is no defense for that sort of crime.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 11:12 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Rests his case because there is no defense for that sort of crime.

Oh, there's a laser like retort.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 11:27 pm
Pale in comparison to your knee-slapping wit.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 07:41 am
The neocons and Bush supporters think we oppose these people from sheer hatred of the opposition. This is their knee-jerk retort every time anymore. In fact, most of us would fall into a category of loyal opposition to a principled, loyal opponent. But, these people are too low to deserve respect. Call them on their immoral, often illegal acts? We're hate filled virtual traitors, so they say or imply. It does no good to attempt to dialog with someone like Finn. He's only interested in putting a fresh coat of tar and feathers on your body.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 08:09 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Nailing Libby on this specious charge is akin to nailing Capone on tax evasion. Whatever it takes to bring the villain down. Right?

You go to court with the charges you have, not the charges you wish you had.

Certainly you don't go to court with the charges the defense and political hacks of all stripes wish you had. You follow the law.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 12:32 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
You'll be alright.

Oh, I will, but Libby will not.

But that doesn't matter to you does it snood? For, as we know, Libby as a conservative Republican and the henchman of the Great Satan Dick Cheney is deserving of far worse than this ruination of his otherwise normal life.

For you the crime Libby is guilty of has nothing to do with vague discrepancies in his testimony but everything to do with the fact that he is The Enemy.

It is the laws pertaining to perjury and obstruction of justice, the court system, and the jury of his peers which are really the guilty parties here and responsible for the "ruination" of Libby's life.

Your extremist partisanship, finn, is not making you smarter.
0 Replies