2000 DEAD

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 11:30 pm
U.S. death toll in Iraq reaches 2,000

President Bush prepared the nation for more casualties, saying the "defense of freedom is worth our sacrifice."

Bush said:

"Each loss of life is heartbreaking. And the best way to honor the sacrifice of our fallen troops is to complete the mission and lay the foundation of peace by spreading freedom."

BUT WAIT:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/10/25/iraq.soldier.story.ap/story.file.kinlow.new.jpg

Sgt. James Kinlow served with Georgia National Guard's 48th Brigade. He died on July 24.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/25/iraq.soldier.story.ap/index.html

2000 Dead. It's not so easy to recite the casualty statistics as a worthwhile sacrifice when you put faces on the dead. Sgt. James Kinlow wrote his own obituary before he left for Iraq and six weeks later, he was dead.

Why are we fighting for freedom and democracy in Iraq when we don't even have it at home? We live under Bush dictatorship. Our President dictated that we were going to war and we went. We had no freedom of choice. Our soldiers are dying and there is nothing any of us can do to stop it.

IF the Iraqi people want liberty from oppression, they need to fight for it for themselves and shed their own blood. If we attempt to buy it for them with American blood, it won't mean enough to them to maintain it when we're done dying for them. We need to hand over the reigns to the Iraqi people and allow them to earn freedom for themselves. That's the only way it will be meaningful to them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,653 • Replies: 143
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 11:39 pm
The same GWB who did not go to Vietnam and did not complete his National Guard service but got paid for it.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:01 am
2000 GI's dead.

All to put a pro-Iran government in power in Iraq.

2000 Americans die to install an Iraq government that says what a great guy the Ayatollah Khomeini was.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 09:35 am
Lord, it's just a number
1000 is just one more than 999
But how long, how long, how long,
Will it take us to discover
That war is not the answer
Alomost all of the time
na na na na na na
na na na na na na na

58,000, lord it's just a number
Names on a wall
The ultimate sacrifice
Alomost all of the time
na na na na na na
na na na na na na na

Bridge
Mothers and fathers,
Don''t send your kids off to war
'Specially when we don't even know
What the **** it is that we're fighting for

Lord, it's just a number
2000 is just one more than 1,999
Alomost all of the time
na na na na na na
na na na na na na na

Copyright 2005 2006 Nicole Anderson

---------------------------------------------
You can't really appreciate it without hearing it with the music but posting links is not allowed.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 09:48 am
I didn't know you couldn't post links.

What's the title of the song? There are ways to find songs on the net.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 09:53 am
"The best way to honor the dead is to make more corpses." Nice.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 09:59 am
kelticwizard wrote:
I didn't know you couldn't post links.

What's the title of the song? There are ways to find songs on the net.

You can't post links to your own site is what I meant. It is considered promoting a product. I titled the song 1000 as it was written at that milestone. I need to re-do it anyway.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 11:21 am
So what price would you place on freedom for the Iraqi's? It seems that you value American lives more than Iraqi lives. Is that true? Do you belive that no American lives should be sacrificed for the freedom of others?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 11:24 am
Iraqis have been dying at a far higher rate than Americans. How is what we're doing show we value their lives?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 11:29 am
I am discussing the posters of thread Infrablue, not American Foriegn Policy.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 11:38 am
McGentrix wrote:
So what price would you place on freedom for the Iraqi's?

Tree fiddy.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 11:52 am
Quote:
Tree fiddy.

Nice. Reminds me of my favorite Chris Rock quote:

Quote:
How much for one Rib?

McG:
Quote:
So what price would you place on freedom for the Iraqi's? It seems that you value American lives more than Iraqi lives. Is that true? Do you belive that no American lives should be sacrificed for the freedom of others?

I value all the lives the same. But two points:

1. I haven't seen any Iraqis sacrificing their lives to protect my freedom lately;

and

2. We were not invited. And the freedom that we brought is no good to the 50k dead people, is it?

You should be asking, how many dead Iraqis is worth Iraqi freedom? Because this is much more accurate.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Squeegee

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:05 pm
Candlelight vigils are planned all over the country. I encourage everyone to find one closest to them and attend...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:30 pm
So, instead of focusing on those that are still alive and whether they are free, you would concentrate only on the dead and whether they appreciate it?

Let me ask you something... would you sacrifice yourself so your children would be allowed to live free?

I would.
0 Replies

Squeegee

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:39 pm
I don't have any children, but I could tell you honestly I would. What does attacking Iraq have to do with our freedom in America? No evidence = No war.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:41 pm
Squeegee wrote:
I don't have any children, but I could tell you honestly I would. What does attacking Iraq have to do with our freedom in America? No evidence = No war.

It has nothiong to do with freedom in America. It has to do with the freedom in Iraq. You have been following along haven't you?
0 Replies

Squeegee

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:44 pm
You asked if I would sacrifice myself so that my children could be free...the answer is still yes. I don't think I would sacrifice myself for a lie when America's freedom is not at stake.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:45 pm
Your willingness to sacrifice yourself for the sake of your children is admirable, McG. But making that choice for other people is entirely different.

And that, in a nutshell, is what the argument is all about. The U.S. has decided to make this choice for the Iraqis. However many must die to achieve our foreign policy objective, it will be OK.

For some of us...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:49 pm
If you see 6 kids beating up a handicapped child, do you just sit and watch and wonder why the handicapped kid doesn't try to stop them?

I hope not. You intervene and help those that can't help themselves.

Many of you seem to be under the impression that Iraqi's enjoyed living under the tyranny Saddam provided and that they wanted it that way... The good old days, right?
0 Replies

Squeegee

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:51 pm
Saddam is gone...you have been following along, haven't you?
0 Replies