Wilma?? What the heck??

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 04:54 pm
osso- I was very lucky. I didn't even lose any power. Just a lot of rain and wind. The only thing that I have noticed that after I cleaned up the dead branches from my camphor tree last week, there are more branches on the ground.

And now summer is gone from Florida. Hallelujah. It's about time! Very Happy
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 05:04 pm
That's good to hear, Phoenix. We had power outages up north here, although by the time the remnants of Wilma-cum-Alpha got here yesterday it was just a run o' the mill Nor'easter, no big deal for New England in October. I understand Cape Cod got hit pretty hard (comparatively speaking) with some local flooding. Any Capers out there care to report?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 06:22 pm
<oh and the spiders are back at the side of the page... I'm beginning to like them..>

Pleased with your report, Phoenix.
Trying to remember where el Diablo is and where Fedral is..

and of course worrying about Letty.. Panz.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 06:45 pm
Letty and her hubby are fine, osso. You can catch up with her on the WA2K Radio thread she runs. I haven't heard from Panzade yet, though.
Nor from el-diablo.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 06:55 pm
Panz is probably a busy boy - I hope it's just that and that they are ok.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 11:43 am
akkkkk....and I repeat....akkkk
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 11:51 am
panzade
panzade wrote:
akkkkk....and I repeat....akkkk

Does that mean you are OK but pissed?

BBB
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:04 pm
exactly
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:14 pm
panzade
panzade wrote:
exactly

Damage report? Do you have power? Water? Food? Ice? Cold beer?
Dry bed? Roof with no leaks?

BBB
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:24 pm
mixed bag

Damn hurricane eye hit West Palm which meant we were on the North side of it for 6 hours of constant beating wind. At 7 am the main hatchway caved in...water started pouring down through the ceiling fan ...so I drilled some holes in the drywall and set out some huge plastic tubs on top of visqueen.
Lost power at 8 am but we had all the supplies so it wasn't too bad
Funny thing...we got our power back the next day...but just on our side of the street. The other side is still powerless.
Everybody has generators now so at night with the windows open it sounds like the 101 Airborne staging area

Just got the cable back on...finally so I could post.
Yes sir ...it was a nasty one...I'll be posting some photos of the destruction .
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:30 pm
Panzade
Panzade, wincing at your news.

But at least you are safe and your housekeeping standards can improve now that everythings has been washed down.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:32 pm
yes...a silver lining
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:39 pm
Glad you're all ok, Panzade. Bummer, though.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:05 pm
Glad to finally hear from you, Panzade, though, I'm sorry to hear about the damage. Luckily you know how to fix things. (It's handy to be handy, in'it?)

It is amazing to me that some people still don't have power. Those generators are loud and annoying, I think. Do they have to have them on all the time?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:00 pm
Nooo...the quandary is that there's no gas because the pumps run on electricity so the lines are humongous. So if you have (2) 5 gallon cans the trick is to run them at night and coast during the day.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:17 pm
panzade
panzade wrote:
Nooo...the quandary is that there's no gas because the pumps run on electricity so the lines are humongous. So if you have (2) 5 gallon cans the trick is to run them at night and coast during the day.

That will work, but what about your refrigerator? Have you lost all of it's contents, especially the freezer?

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:17 pm
panzade
panzade wrote:

That will work, but what about your refrigerator? Have you lost all of it's contents, especially the freezer?

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:18 pm
panzade
panzade wrote:

BBB
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 04:46 pm
Bumblebee, or her computer, seems to be infatuated with Panzade's refrigerator. Will we we see her computer and the refrig on the cover of some supermarket tabloid. Sorry to hear about your damage, pan. It must have been a dreadful day.
We have had no posting from el-diablo (avatar: Palm Beach) since 10/21. Does anyone know of an alternative way to get in touch with him?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 03:16 pm
My fridge did fine, though the chocolate almond fudge turned to a creamy bisque.
0 Replies