Boston Gathering!

littlek

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 07:13 pm
so, are her friends locals? They should be able to show her around.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 08:26 pm
The 15th is during the week..usually doesnt work for everyone....
I was thinking Sat matinee or some such thing the 17th.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 09:17 am
Sat. would prolly be better. I return from NY on the 15th so it'll be a festival of laundry and food-shopping (plus a scavenger hunt - Honey, where'd you put the ___ while I was away?) for me for a day or so.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 10:33 am
Now that you mention it littlek, not sure...but I think her friend knows her way around the city.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 11:38 am
Kitty O'Shea's is good - a little pricey though. Still, I recommend it. Other bars I like in Boston - tell her to show the list to her friend and see if anything rings a bell.

Silvertone - Bromfield St., downtown - downstairs lounge, martinis, candles, Sinatra, and mac & cheese...a favorite

J.J. Foley's - Kingston Street, Financial District - borders on a hole in the wall, plenty of beer, plenty of people, plenty of shifty and shaky goings on. The night isn't complete if it doesn't include Foley's.

The Good Life, also Kingston Street (not the one in Cambridge) - downstairs red curtain jazz club, upstairs tiny bar with the best cosmos in town.

Hennesey's - Fanueil Hall - I try and stay out of Fanueil Hall, but this bar is still fairly new, and very nice for an afternoon pint.

Ned Devine's/Parris - Fanueil Hall, food court building - it's a pub, it's a dance club, it's gritty and it's pretty. Just opened last fall.

I've got all kinds of places and things, but I don't know your wife, so teh suggestions above are a stab in the dark. Beer or gimlets? Food trucks or fine dining? Steak or veggies? Loud or quiet? Dancer or wallflower?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 11:49 am
Hennesey's: nice 22oz beers...

I've been to Ned Devine's a couple of times, I like that place. Unfortunatley, if you're going there at night, you have to get there before 9pm. I went there last Sat for a couple of drinks a little earlier, and when I left, the line was at least 200 people deep. No place is worth that.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 12:06 pm
Yeah, Ned Devine's is good between 7 and 9, back room is nice too, but the whole place gets jammed. Nice place to have a beverage before the main plans.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 12:26 pm
Yeah, great place to look at good looking females before trekking over to the true quality night-life spot of Boston:

Sissy K's.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 05:15 pm
you calling me a sissy?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 07:51 pm
Yup. Whatchoo' gonna do 'bout it?
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:31 pm
Sugar wrote:
J.J. Foley's - Kingston Street, Financial District - borders on a hole in the wall, plenty of beer, plenty of people, plenty of shifty and shaky goings on. The night isn't complete if it doesn't include Foley's.

Can't remember the last time I went to Foley's.....Heck, I can't remember MOST of the times I went to Foley's.......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:34 pm
I only went the one time with all y'all. I think it was foley's - exrugger and his mrs were there....?
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 04:04 pm
Wasn't that Jose Mac's?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 06:16 pm
haven't the foggiest....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:12 pm
Mrs. cav thinks her friend will pretty much 'set the tone' for the weekend...and unfortunately, said friend won't go to 'icky' places...Mrs. cav would love that...I am making a list...thanks
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 10:58 pm
I have been neglecting to ask about Boston get
togethers, do you have lots of them? At any
rate, I ADORE the northeast in the fall ....do you
have anything coming up after the summer is
over... or come to think of it - during the summer
might be nice. It is always a treat to get out
of Florida ANYTIME from May to October!!!!
The HEAT IS ON.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 05:12 am
babs--Since many of us have gotten to know each other over the past three years we tend to have fewer formal gatherings than we used to. Perhaps we should organize some sort of gathering thingy for the fall.....How about an official "leaf peeping?"
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 02:17 pm
whose leaf shall we be peeping under?

Fall is nice...if you like that sort of thing. Im still waiting for Spring though.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 09:52 pm
I'm in the mood for a trip......

Seriously.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 11:02 pm
I promise, if there's a gathering in the fall, I'll be there! I love Boston, and I need to see my favorite Aunt!

Besides, I always want to know what's under the leaf!
0 Replies