Boston Gathering!

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:16 pm
I think I'm off! Lessee.......<checking schedule>......vacation starts on the 11th! Can't miss the Matrix.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:20 pm
Ah ... this is looking good already Smile

Terrydoo off on a Saturday? Taking vacation?

Has hell frozen over?

Smile
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:23 pm
SHHHHHHH! Don't tell!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:23 pm
Hiya Bostonites....Mrs. cav is going to Boston for the memorial day weekend. First timer there....any suggestions on where to go?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:26 pm
Depends on what she would be interested in doing, seeing, etc.
As a first timer I would suggest not driving herself anywhere...as a first rule but, if shes up for some excitement..heck..more power to her Smile
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:31 pm
As in where to go and what to see?

Hmmmmm

Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, Downtown Crossing or Newbury Street for the shopping
Duck tour or Freedom Trail for sightseeing
The theatre district is a must, but I have no idea which shows are in town right now
Museum of Fine Arts
New England Aquarium

I'm sure we'll come up with more..... Smile
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:35 pm
Being only a weekend....narrowing down to interests helps.

Terrydoo...no Irish Pub listings

do you have a fever?
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:38 pm
LMAO! I was just thinking that I wanted to recommend the Elephant & Castle for their fine fish & chips, Black & Tan, and handsome Irish waitstaff. Very Happy

cav--I've always found the "Irreverent guides" a great way to plan a trip....helps me narrow down what to do and what to see
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=16WRUK5E7O&isbn=0764566695&itm=2
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:42 pm
ooh! NO DRIVING!!!!! www.mbta.com or take your chances with the cab drivers. Car rental and parking are too much trouble for a holiday weekend that will fill the city with people unfamiliar with the city.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:42 pm
Cool Irish pubs without scary Westies are a definite plus Very Happy Preferably with some authentic live music. And much to my chagrin, handsome Irish waitstaff may be a plus as well Confused
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:43 pm
(Can you tell I'm trying to avoid doing that last load of laundry?)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:45 pm
Well, lots of this is actually a repost, but my strongest memories of Boston were from my only trip there, in high school orchestra, playing a frightening school in Roxbury, so I am a little out of touch with the sights...
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:47 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Cool Irish pubs without scary Westies are a definite plus Very Happy Preferably with some authentic live music. And much to my chagrin, handsome Irish waitstaff may be a plus as well Confused

Kitty O'Shea's will have live music and equally good fish & chips......a plus for Mr. Cav is that most of THEIR waitstaff is female.

The Burren has GREAT live music, but it's in the Somerville vortex.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:59 pm
Ah, Kitty O'Shea's - that was the name I could not for the life of me recall. And the Elephant & Castle is nice, too, but not near anything else fun (it's near where I used to work - feel like visiting Fidelity Investments?).

Matrix Matrix Matrix. Will ask the dude. 5/15, yes?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 04:59 pm
ah..there ya go Terrydoo....excellent links and suggestions
I second the music and food...but, Id go with Kitty OSheas whilst strolling about Fanueil Hall....thats just me.
Roxbury...yikes...sorry to hear it, hope you come back to see more unscary stuff.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 06:26 pm
where will mrs Cav be staying? In Boston proper? Visiting friends? Working?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 06:27 pm
Jes - 5/15 is a thursday. Are we thinkng of a weekday movie? S'ok with me, but I was think weekend matine.....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 06:28 pm
I thought it was 17th. N'est -ce pas?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 06:29 pm
I dunno..... it could be sat or sun it could be this or next weekend - I'll be there.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 07:09 pm
Mrs. cav will be staying with friends. Kitty O'Shea's...sounds good to me Very Happy
0 Replies