Jose Cuervo

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 01:06 pm
Ditto Joanne's post from the weekend- the weather is beautiful here in North Texas again today and should be for the rest of the week Cool

If you're in the Northeast, it should be headed your way soon!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 03:48 pm
We had record-breaking temp. for this date in Boston today. Mid-70s. Gonna stay in the 50s overnight.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:00 pm
I'm ffffreeeezzzzing!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:12 pm
It's a balmy 81 degrees here. It is supposed to go down to the 40s at night in a few days.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:40 pm
Hello, Misti.

Hope your perfect weather has lingered. Sounds delightful.

Here in Oz we are in the middle of something like the 6th year of drought, as margo mentioned earlier.... Today is expected to be a horror movie!: 35 degrees & hot blustery winds.
Everything is so dry. I feel like apologizing to my plants each time I (hand-held hose) water the garden. We now have water restrictions in the city, but parts of the country areas have had them for ages. And it's only November! the hottest months of the year are January/February. This summer is really going to be something!

But right now it feels very pleasant. I love the mornings of days like this - the coolness before the heat sets in. I have windows open to catch the morning breeze. It feels so peaceful, sitting here at my computer with my tuxedo cat sleeping on my lap. (Sigh)

I've really enjoyed reading about the places that you all call "home". Very interesting.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:57 pm
msloga, I'd be happy to send a little chill your way. A high here of -4 C and we have snow unseasonably early.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:58 pm
I'm from Blatham's general area, the Pacific NW... and yes, it is rainy and gray frequently, but we're getting some gorgeous days, too. Right now it's 53F and gray, but earlier today, the skies were blue and it was great for a walk.

I like to spend some time every winter in Arizona or New Mexico, because the grays do get to me after a while. I also love the snow. Last year we didn't get any all winter, but on the first day of Spring, we were hit with a 2-day snow storm. Wonderful!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:28 pm
Still flippin hot and humid here.....a/c working overtime.

If I have to wear shorts on Thanksgiving day again, I'm gonna.....Well, I'm gonna.....darnit....

I don't know what I'm gonna do. Complain, I guess. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 06:57 pm
We had the best sunset this evening.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 07:59 pm

It's not just the drought here - around Sydney we've got bushfires again, and the season has only just started. The hot, blustery winds are here with a vengeance. They make excellent bushfire weather. I dread to think what the summer will be like.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 03:05 pm
OK, I just came back from a walk. When I left the house it was sunny. In the five minutes it took to get to my walking spot, it was lightly raining. By the time I'd made my second circuit it was pouring, possibly hailing, but I could not see well enough through my fogged-up glasses to tell for sure, it just felt that way on my shoulders. Though I normally go for three or four circuits, I'd had enough and walked back to my car. In the short walk back to my car it quit raining and the sun came out.

Boy am I grumpy... and wet. Off to a hot bath. That's the PNW!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 03:37 pm
piff -

still "partly sunny" here in seattle, after early morning rain. always gets wet again just as you leave work though, doesn't it? 'tswhatitseemsliketome, anyway...

margo -
i marvel in horror at your bushfires down there. i grew up in the dry and hot foothills of the sierra nevada mountains in california, so wildfires were a fact of life, but the worst of what we got doesn't even hold a candle, so to speak, to the scale of what you folks get. good luck with all that. (still and all, though, i remember that i found the smoked-out orange sun mesmerizing when i was a kid.)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 03:46 pm
Fort Worth is beautiful today. Smile I unfortunatly have managed to catch a cold and was only out with my nose dripping, couphing, and sneezing to buy some cold remedies and tissues. Shocked
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 03:51 pm
I commiserate with you, Joanne. I caught the worst summer cold of my life last August in Hawaii, of all places!! What the heck are cold germs doing in Hawaii?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 04:04 pm
It is 79 degrees now. It was sunny this morning, but now it is getting increasingly cloudy. There is a BIG storm coming tonight, and tomorrow the temp will be down to 47 in the morning!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 04:05 pm
Oh no MA the sniffles in paradise.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 04:06 pm
47f in Florida, y'all are going to freeze.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:54 pm
Blame it on Jeb Bush.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 03:02 am
I really need to move from London. I just cannot take part in any weather thread, because it is always raining here....

And umbrella's do tend to hide all those lovely faces, and raincoats those lovely figures !
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 06:00 am
Gautam,I really DID move from London.To a colder place where the faces and figures are finer.
0 Replies