There's a white spot on my cervix

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 07:54 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
BorisKitten--

Compared to vicious, ongoing sexual abuse, cancer of the cervix is a walk in the park--a muddy walk, but certainly not a Doomed Journey to the End of the World.

Teehee! I like that. I'll have to add it to my Very Long List of advantages granted me by being brutally abused for the first 9 years of my life. And it really is a long list! Nobody can ever tell me there aren't good results from bad events.

I'm not afraid of dying, since we'll all do it sooner or later. I don't like the idea of a long, painful death, however. Well, who does?
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 07:59 pm
J_B wrote:
BK ~

So sorry to hear about this. You're doing the right thing by getting it taken care of. I'm keeping positive thoughts that whatever it is can be easily removed and that will be the end of it.

Like Soz' mom, I had a cervical spot surgically removed about 6 years ago and haven't had an abnormal pap since. It was an in-office procedure, piece of cake, and then it was over with.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

More encouraging news! And wow, in-office would save Tons of money. Oh, hope is a wonderful thing!

And hey, if even one more woman gets an annual PAP smear because of all this, I'll be very, very happy. (Um, Squinney?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 08:17 pm
OK, good.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 09:59 pm
BorisKitten--

As for the delay. Long story, but in 1996 my OB/GYN checkup was postponed for 6 months through no fault of my own.

When the appointment took place the medical machinery immediately went into high gear. I asked about the danger of the delay and was told that most cancers had been growing for seven years before even high-tech screening could pick them up.

As for your childhood: You've seen/read Gone with the Wind? I don't know whether the line made it into the movie, but in the book a leathernecked old neighbor, veteran of Indian Wars, tells the Ladies of the Confederach of both Tara and Twelve Oaks that once you've gone through hell, you don't have to fear survival.

I suspect before you were successfully raped, you'd rip out the SOB's jugular vein with your teeth--first try.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:41 am
Noddy24 wrote:
I asked about the danger of the delay and was told that most cancers had been growing for seven years before even high-tech screening could pick them up.

As for your childhood: You've seen/read Gone with the Wind? I don't know whether the line made it into the movie, but in the book a leathernecked old neighbor, veteran of Indian Wars, tells the Ladies of the Confederach of both Tara and Twelve Oaks that once you've gone through hell, you don't have to fear survival.

I suspect before you were successfully raped, you'd rip out the SOB's jugular vein with your teeth--first try.

Hold your dominion.

Noddy, you sweet thing you. I'm very comforted to hear the 7-year thing.

I haven't read "Gone with the Wind," but I saw the movie twice. I thought you were going to quote the last line, about "Tomorrow." But that's even a better line.

As for being successfully raped, you're right on the money. How do you know all this stuff?

When I was 21 (hope nobody minds this little story), I got into a violent fight with a boyfriend I lived with. He began throwing all my things outdoors. This is the only fight I've been in, in my whole life. Of course this fellow was larger than me, but not huge. About 5'11" and very fit (I'm 5'9" myself).

Anyway, I was so enraged (I was outside smoking a cigaret), I stormed indoors, and he was so frightened by my aspect, he picked up a wooden chair to defend himself. Without thinking, I wrenched the chair from his hands and flung it across the room. I locked my hands around his neck.

I knew I could kill him. I also knew that harming another human being would make me like my father. That moment was a definite turning point in my life, the moment I really chose a path of non-violence to other human beings, no matter what they did. I let him go. He did not harm me further, perhaps because he didn't dare.

Despite not having any self-defense training, I do not fear other, larger people who may think they can do violence to me. As long as I have some warning (we can all be easily shot with a gun), I can defend myself. When larger people threaten me, I always threaten them back. I can't help that, it seems to happen by itself.

Yet another of the billion advantages of the abuse. Don't mistake me; if I could have chosen my parents, I never would have chosen them. And I never would have chosen abuse of any kind. Since it's done, however, I've found it very beneficial to note all of the very positive changes in me that have come about because of that treatment.

One of those changes is being calm in a crisis, like this one. I'm doing what I can to keep myself calm, meditating quite a bit, walking in my yard, and treating myself with herbs. Panic, I believe, will harm more than help.

I think my husband is a great deal more upset than I am. I do regret that he'll be out of town for a week, starting only 2 days after the Gyn appointment. I think I'll be posting A LOT during that week.

Big hugs, thanks, and happy warm thoughts to all my A2K friends.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:21 am
What day is your appt, BK?
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:31 am
I'd like this post to be available to any woman who may have cervical spots, called Leukoplakia, cervical cancer, uterine cancer, or similar problems. Thus I'll put all the search words I can... herbal remedies, help for cervical cancer, herbs, medical alternatives, alternative treatments for cancer... well those are all I can think of right now.

Please note I'm neither a doctor nor a certified herbalist. I'm just a person with no health insurance who's found herbs can solve many, many problems with no annoying and expensive visits to the doctor. Feel free to PM me for information on other herbs I've used. I'll be happy to try and help, but I'm very sorry, I can't be held liable for any negative results.

The specific herb for uterine cancer is Nymphaea Odorata, called White Pond Lily or White Pond Lotus. This grows in great profusion in my own pond (and throughout Florida). It grows throughout the Southeast US in ponds. The water must be at least 4 ft deep for it to grow, and the water must be stagnant, or very calm. Nymphaea is also used in water gardens. The flowers are beautiful and fragrant, white with yellow stamens. The leaves (very useful fresh for cuts & bruises) are typical, roundish Lotus shapes.

Here's how it's supposed to be used. Personally I had to use our little rowboat to get to it. The part used is the fresh root. You find a bunch of them with an open flower so you know the species... although no Lotus is poisonous, this one is supposed to be most effective. (BTW, Yellow Pond Lily is much more common and the roots are used just the same). The root must be used fresh. This means I gotta take our rowboat out every day, which is quite pleasant in itself.

Grab yourself a few stems, apologize to the plant and explain why you need it, and pull, hard. This is best done in the fall when the water is lowest, but it can be used any time of the year. You should pull up a rather large, ugly root with many sprouts coming from it. The root is spongy and light.

Clean the root (I cut off all the outer layers just to be sure), cut it up, and mash it as best you can. It's quite soft, so you can use a potato masher or just your (freshly washed) hands to squish it up. Put it in clean water and simmer it, covered, for 15-20 minutes.

It's best to allow it to cool covered. Just take it off the burner and let it sit for about an hour. While it's cooling (just after it's finished boiling), you may want to add a few bags of Chamomile or Spearmint or Peppermint tea. The taste isn't terrible in itself, not bitter at all, but it tastes like a pond. I added both Chamomile & Spearmint teas, and found it perfectly palatable. A bit of honey helps too, but don't add honey if you plan to use it as a douche.

When cool enough, strain it, through a coffee filter, colander, or screen strain, whatever you have. It doesn't have to be perfectly strained, and old herbals suggest you leave the crushed matter in it.

You can drink freely of this tea, I'd suggest at least a cup a day. In large doses it will act as a laxative, but that's the only negative result.

Since I didn't have a douche bag, I checked at Walgreen's and found they cost, no matter what the type, $12. I thought that was a bit pricey, so I bought 2 of Walgreen's brand disposable douches for $1.49. I enjoyed the picture of the woman on the front with a halo about her head ("I'm so clean and happy, I've just douched!") This particular douche was Vinegar and Water, a good choice if you don't plan to use it since neither of these substances are harmful.

I removed the tip of the bottle as instructed, and disposed of the contents in the sink. After several rinses, I used the bottle to "suck up" my tea remedy. It takes a bit of manipulation, but the basic idea is to get all of the air out of the bottle, then put it in the tea and sort of expand it to suck up the tea. I could get the bottle 1/2 - 3/4ths full using this method.

I'd suggest a douche be infrequent, maybe once a week, but more if your case is advanced. Any douche is disturbing to your system. It's much better to use the tea warm, not hot. Be sure to use it slowly, that is, let the bottle drain slowly, no rush.

Note: the tea is staining. It makes a sort of purplish-black color. You may want to use rubber gloves for this reason, but you can easily rub lemon juice on your hands afterwards (which is what I did) to remove the stains.

Again, you may drink the tea daily.

For women in India and other countries where uterine/cervical cancer is common, due to lack of medical care, I have read that all species of Lotus can be used identically to good result. I'd suggest, however, that unhealthy-looking plants in water that smells very bad NOT be used. From what I've read, the vast majority of deaths from cervical or uterine cancer are in poor countries where medical help is simply not available. This method is at least worth a try.

Other species of Lotus are: Nuphar advena, called Yellow Pond Lily or Spatterdock; Nuphar polysepalum, called Cow Lily in the US West; Nelumbo lutea, called American Lotus or Lotus Lily; Nymphaea alba or Nymphaea ampla (White Water Lily, in Europe); and Nymphaea Caerula, the Egyptian Sacred Blue Lotus. From what I have read, all parts of all Lotus plants are edible.

I hope very much that this information may be useful to all women who lack access to expensive medical care, or who would like to supplement standard medical care. Very Happy
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:38 am
Quote:
This is the only fight I've been in, in my whole life.

Sorry, I meant, EXCEPT for members of my immediate family in childhood!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:40 am
I havnt read the whole thread but did you seriously have to pay for the smear test??????
As far as I know they are free in the UK.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:42 am
J_B wrote:

Thanks for asking, J_B, it's Tuesday the 27th at 3 PM.

I'm glad it's with a female.

I'm also grateful that they let me keep my shoes on. Silly, how comforting such a little thing can be!

Big hugs to you!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:44 am
material girl wrote:
I havnt read the whole thread but did you seriously have to pay for the smear test??????
As far as I know they are free in the UK.

Heck yeah I had to pay! The whole appointment cost me $159.00.

When I mentioned the expense to the receptionist, she said, "Well, you got 20% off because you're self-pay." Like I should be grateful!

I can't say enough negative things about medical care in the United States.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:52 am
Shocked

Medicine Woman
> respective bow<
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:11 am
Teehee, Shewolf! Maybe I should be more worried about being sued for negative results, but the fact is I HAVE NOTHING TO TAKE. So I feel pretty safe.

I've been helped so much by herbal remedies (and meditation) that I've decided to just start talking about it. I really love helping people!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:25 am
My favorite resource book, even after all these years for me is
master book of herbalism
By Paul Beyerl.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0919345530/103-6215135-3934236?v=glance

very 'pagan' based, so i hope that isnt a problem.
but his way of simply explaining things I have found to be VERY helpful. It is very easy to understand and he has a TON of herbs listed in here.
He talks about everything from how to harvest, how to prepare for any treatment..

lots of good info.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:27 am
BorisKitten wrote:
J_B wrote:

Thanks for asking, J_B, it's Tuesday the 27th at 3 PM.

I'm glad it's with a female.

I'm also grateful that they let me keep my shoes on. Silly, how comforting such a little thing can be!

Big hugs to you!

{{{{Right back at ya}}}}

I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:59 am
shewolfnm wrote:
My favorite resource book, even after all these years for me is
master book of herbalism
By Paul Beyerl.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0919345530/103-6215135-3934236?v=glance

very 'pagan' based, so i hope that isnt a problem.
but his way of simply explaining things I have found to be VERY helpful. It is very easy to understand and he has a TON of herbs listed in here.
He talks about everything from how to harvest, how to prepare for any treatment..

lots of good info.

Oh my gosh, a book I don't already have!

I personally like "Back to Eden" by the famous or infamous Jethro Kloss, for its very optimistic outlook.

I recently obtained Dr. John Christopher's "School of Natural Healing," a veritable fount of information.

Other books I have are "Edible Wild Plants" by T. Elias & P. Dykeman; "Wildflowers" by R. Parker; "The New Holistic Herbal" by David Hoffman; and "The Way of Herbs" by M. Tierra, with a focus on Ayurvedic & Chinese herbs.

Online sources of herbal information are abundant too, and of course FREE! Usually I wait until I find a new herbal book at a thrift store for cheap, but I just may have to buy this one!

PS: If a buy a "new" book, I usually search eBay's half.com for them in used versions. Way cheaper than new!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 11:14 am
Really good site for archaic herbal texts, in full:

http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed/eclectic/cook/main.htm

This particular link goes to "The Physiomedical Dispensatory" by Cook in 1869; there are complete texts of other old herbals on the same page. Just click on a name at the top of the page.

Great FREE source for old information on herbs, not to be taken entirely seriously since a great deal has been learned about posssible negative effects in the meantime, but there are some great reads here.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 03:21 pm
BorisKitten--

Tuesday at 3 p.m. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Actually you'll be in my thoughts for the afternoon because doctors run late.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:43 pm
BK,

I've been offline for a few days and just read your news. My best thoughts and good wishes are with you every step of the way. It's been good to read of the easily cured successes! I'll wait patiently for more news from you after your doctors appointment on Tuesday. Keep you chin up, sweetie!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 11:16 pm
BK,
Oh I will be thinking of you too.

I don't often talk about anything this personal on a2k , but I have been in your shoes. I know how much worry you're going through, and everything that pops up in the mind when you hear those words.

I'm 26, and unfortunately last year when I went for my pap the doc found a white spot on my cervix. I was terrified. They did a biopsy and I was told it was cancer. Like you, I have suffered abuse in the past. I was concerned that the abuse may have contributed to this development. I'm still not sure precisely. The doctors said it could be any number of things, and that this problem is common.
I live in Canada, so I didn't have to worry so much about money. The doctor immedietly made an appointment for me to get laser surgery. Most of that time is a blur to me; because I was so scared and out-of-it during that period of time.

Anyhow; since they found it early, they were able to remove it and I have been ok. It has not returned. I made some necessary adjustments in my eating and lifestyle. I make sure to go see my doc on time!

I guess I tell you this just to let you know that no matter what happens at your appointment: there are lots of things that can be done, and there is a lot of hope.

My heart goes out to you......Stay strong sister! Razz
0 Replies