Virginity

neologist

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:06 pm
timberlandko wrote:
<chuckle> ... I wager it was priests who first said "Trust Me" Laughing
As Voltaire so appropriately wrote:
The first divine was the first rogue who met the first fool.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:07 pm
Oh, and thanks for the wave, neo - I've been around, and busy, just haven't been doing much posting on the sorta threads you hang out in.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 12:43 am
Kinda like a moth to the flame fer me. I do it fer th' sizzle. Laughing
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 07:48 am
Quote:
Seems like a good argument for the girl to have stayed out of bed.

And you're saying you could never otherwise have discovered her clingy nature?

No, I'm saying that she changed after having sex...

I have no regrets, we had a good time, not every sexual act has to lead to marriage!

I learned from her and she learned from me...and I'm sure that she will be more capable of having a relationship with the right guy after having met me.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 08:13 am
OK, Let me get this straight:

She changed for the worse after having sex, so you had to end the relationship.

She changed for the better after having sex, so she will be have better relationships in the future.

You have no regrets.

It's probably because I'm an ignorant hick from New Jersey, but I don't totally understand.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 08:54 am
Funny true story. In my late teens I got home about 2:00am from a date and was surprised to find Mom, a devout Catholic, still awake waiting for me. I asked her if anything was wrong and she answered no. Then she asked (looking a little uncomfortable) if I wanted to talk. "Sure" I answered. "What do you want to talk about?" I was really surprised when she said "Well, you know. Sex." "Ok" I replied " What do you want to know?" You should have seen the look on her face when she said "Oh! You know. " I told her I had for some time. She was so relieved.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:30 am
Well, I think that she changed for the better as a person and for future relationships, and for the worse in our current relationship.

My current girlfriend says she wishes she had waited until I came around. I'm glad she didn't, because I'm afraid if she had, she may have changed in the way that the other girl did. But, since she has gained the emotional maturity and experience that can only be gained from previous relationships, she was not significantly changed...and continues to be the person she was when I met her.

I never took advantage of anyone, I only did what I thought was right...I can't tell the future to know how things are going to work out. How could I possibly regret doing what I thought was the right thing at the time?
0 Replies

Leggsly

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:23 am
The way I see it, it makes no sense to wait. What if everything is perfect, except for compatibility in bed? Relationships are not strictly emotional/mental, but also sexual, and you need to know that you're compatible in bed as well as out of the bed. Waiting is not realistic, especially in this day and age.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 08:31 am
well if i wanted to wait then ive certainly screwed it up now Wink
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 05:50 pm
The longer you stay a virgin, the more and more desperate you become as the days go by
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 11:59 pm
If you reamain a virgin beyond the age of 21, you grow gills and develop the ability to stay underwater for hours at a time.
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:13 am
Permanet damage?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 06:47 am
Damn, that would be quite usefull.
I fear james speaks from his heart.
0 Replies

Pupil

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:41 pm
"If you reamain a virgin beyond the age of 21, you grow gills and develop the ability to stay underwater for hours at a time. "

Cool! Only 2 years to go! On to the discussion, I don't necessarily thing virginity is superior, but I don't think it is bad if it is a choice.

I disagree with the posts saying you should never marry a virgin (or as a virgin) because you need to experience sexual variety. I couldn't intentially follow that. I would only get sexually involved with somebody I was very close to and very commited to. By following that philosophy I would have to say: "Well, I'm commited to this person and love her, but I have to break up with her sometime after we have sex because we can't be each other's 'firsts'.

As for the classis: "marry someone and find out they're bad in bed". Two things:

1. I'd imagine that you can discover physical compatibility to an extent without actually having sex.

2. I think we have a tendency to assume everyone either shares our values or is 'abnormal'. Sex is important, but I really think that the importance of the quality of sex differs between different people. Some hold it more important than others, and if someone else has different criteria for relationships, you shouldn't accuse them of lying about what they want or settling.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 04:37 am
If you marry a virgin as a virgin and only ever sleep with them then how are you suposed to know any different?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:49 am
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
If you marry a virgin as a virgin and only ever sleep with them then how are you suposed to know any different?

Exactly.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:44 am
Ignorance is bliss!
0 Replies