What say we return some COMPETENCE to government

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:30 am
georgeob, I know that, since youre not HAlliburton, you went through the 254 55 process no? Halliburton didnt do this once. In Iraq , they were given the contract to provide logistics . Then they set up a logistics and support company with menu advisors. THEY HAD NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE.

PS , I think I know the company for whom you work. Starts wityh an "E"? Youve given some clues in your posts and Im still close enough to the consultants .
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:30 pm
They don't call them 254/255 anymore (they have a new form). The work assignments to which I referred were sole source - no contract selection process. We do have other ID/IQ contracts with the same agencies.

Halliburton owns Brown & Root which has held the so-called "LOGCAP" contract with the DOD in the Middile East for about 15 years. The contract provides for rapid mobilization in cases of emergencies. It was a rather simple matter to give related sole source contracts to the parent company which also has substantial resources in the region. I also know several other smaller companies that got large contracts in Iraq and Afghanistan, often with truncated selection processes - all very legal.

You have probably guessed right with respect to my company. We are doing very well right now , just having won some very large contracts with EPA, Aberdeen Proving Grfound, The uSACE Sacramento District, several large utility operators and food processing companies.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 08:42 pm
georgeob
Quote:
all very legal.

Maybe, but ethical? Im not certain that you can convince me.
Consultants have always been opportunists, so I guess the marketing strategies are much closer to the contracts source now than they used to be.

A company that I did a lot of geophysics for, had many USAF contracts so they ultimately had built offices and had ex DOD's as "Marketeers" stationed next to the various command HQs and The main office at San Antonio. So, whenever I needed to be presenting some data, it was always hop a da,mn plane to Brooks and play the "polished monkey' .
Dont do it anymore, creating wealth has it all over Environmental programs.

HEY< IM THE LIBERAL.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 08:45 pm
This was a dubble post .

PS, what do they call the 255 now? Its been a few years since I subbed out. We last helped to set up a forensics team to locate, GPS , bag and bar code pieces of shuttle debris from Columbia, at that time we had a CRADA on Silica fixation of nuke waste when the "Indefinite Delivery" mechanism was activated to work with a Nat Lab to set up a search and recover program. However, we already had the ID contract and part of the IDs were pre defined by the 255.

However,we werent awarded a contract and then went out shopping for a company to do it.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:47 pm
I believe it's called a "SF 300" now. Merely a new name & reshuffled format. We do a lot of watershed management, hydrology and wetlands development, all of which have figured in some of the emergency response.

Brooks AFB is closing and AFCEE & other tennants will move to Randolph AFB. We do lots of work for them too.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 10:11 pm
Thanks for the SF 300 info. I dont think Ill be back in the DOD work much. The Corps maybe at Watrway Ex Station but we cant handle the slow paying of the govt, especially since my real business is resource development and debentures. Im always floating cash and into my credit lines for exploration and development funds before we get all approvals and can flip the parcels to the large mineral concerns.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 10:41 pm
Odd how things and perspectives change over time and by individual perspective. The Feds pay by electronic funds transfer within 10 days of invoice now. Commercial development and resource exploitation are very good if you have an advantage in knowledge and understanding or are relied on by the guy with the equity. Otherwise we stay away from property developers for dread of the musical chairs games they play with their suppliers when it comes time to pay the bills.
0 Replies