0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 01:47 pm
Hey countZ!
0 Replies

CountZero

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 02:05 pm
Hiya k,

How ya been? Sorry I missed y'all Sat. night - was outta town.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 09:50 pm
littlek<

What are your latest thoughts regarding your life . . . and your future?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 05:10 am
MissKris - was just talkin' to a mutual friend about this issue. You know what he's been saying all along - what Quinn says. Don't be a sucker.

Your point that the discount for extra kids is standard to nannying is a distraction - you weren't planning to become a career nanny for other families were you? I thought not (unless you've changed your mind).
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 10:17 am
The day care centers I have known dont discount-didnt know that was an option.
Still.....its a hard one--good luck.

Hi Count Z--have missed ya! Except for that whole BBC thing and all. Wink
0 Replies

ArtUnbound

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 05:51 pm
Hi Kris! Smile

Quote:
Yep, cic, I am the only one in charge of my future and as it stands now, I'd better die immediately upon retiring.

This is an old one of yours, but: there's sooo much coming your way before even thinking about that. Better listen to ehBeth before retiring Wink
The only resource I have is writing - I'd better write some books before I'm getting 65 and some after that, but I'm not yet there, get what I mean? Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 11:46 am
Well, Beth - define career nannying. We a;ways wind up in these dissections of meaning. Career, to me, means more than 10 - 20 years. I expected to nanny sis's first child and maybe her second while I figured my next step out.

Anyway

William - life got very hectic these last couple weeks. I'll get back on track soon. A teacher at a local university just moved in upstairs. Maybe I can grill her about what my next few moves should be.

D'Art - I know, I know.....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 02:35 pm
You know k...at least you're still young...It would be more serious if you werent so, do what you can when you can but, just keep your mind open Smile
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 12:07 am
Grill yourself, littlek.

After all, you are the only person who will be with you all of the time, all of your life.

Ponder that on this Happy Easter Sunday.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:32 pm
Again, I have to type it out and see what resolves.

So, I'm working full-time for me sister starting, oh sometime, maybe the end of February. I thought it was going to be the end of January that she returned to work. I won't, maybe, be getting paid much extra until the end of April. Great. So, the other family found a nanny early and they want her to start working early. So, I'm out of work for that family next week. Peachy. So, what do I do? My sister has offered to do what she can to give me the extra cash between now and when her company starts to pay her childcare benefits. The other family has offered me nothing. I could take another job for 10 weeks. Maybe that's what I'll do. This isn't really helping.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:34 pm
It might not help, but people are listening

Smile

Couldnt do something part of the time....feel to guilty doing the get a job..oooppps gotta give ya notice thing?
Did you want to eat?
Just trying to break it down to the basics for ya.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:40 pm
What do YOU really want?

Figure that out and then pick it apart until you know what you really need to do.

Forget about what's convenient for anyone else, or what anyone else wants.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:50 pm
Quinn - it might not have been helping because I knew people would be listening (who would be thinking, we told you to run last year!)

I really don't want to get a job and drop it a couple months later, but like Q says, I gotta eat.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:51 pm
I guess I'm feeling more personally let down than anything.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:56 pm
I dont even run after frisbees anymore..didnt you know that?

Smile

Thats a big let down for certain but, all you can do is go on and do the best you can, and do it for you. Its a bad situation made worse by havinig you choose family and have family let you down, Im sure though its not their choice (well, I hope alot at least)

Eating is good BTW
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:57 pm
Yeah.

That sucks.

Will the other family at least be giving you severance pay, or something?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:01 pm
What's wrong with doing something for a couple of months?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:04 pm
I think its about doing something for a couple of months when the job thing around here is that you seriously probably wont get anything unless you go ini there saying..oh yes, Im permanent...so..you know..a bit of a lie, and then a let down and all that but, you know..jobs dont work out alot of the time...and people with jobs to offer know this.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:06 pm
Ahhhhh, it's very different here. The job market is positively booming, and a lot of people are only agreeing to come in on a temp or contract basis. So, employers are just dealing with it.

Do the hotels there provide childcare for guests? Might be a good temp option. The hotel nannies here make some very good money and apparently very very good tips.
0 Replies