Katrina-Bush and the political questions begin

Chrissee

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:04 am
Re: Frank
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
BOTTOM LINE: Bush and company are the same people telling us that things are going according to plan in Iraq. You've gotta expect that they think that things went rather well in their response to the disaster.

And the kneejerk types who are seconding the administrations denial and incompetence in the Iraq situation are the same kneejerk types who are seconding the denial and incompetence here.

Gosh, Frank, you noticed. Sharpe eye.

One thing you can be sure of is that Tico's favorite government is glad that the hurricane got Iraq and Karl Rove off the front pages. They are now free to play their hurricane-flood shift the blame game at which they are so experienced.

BBB

And Cindy Sheehan!
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:07 am
Nope - hopefully she and her arguments are in this Greek chorus.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:19 am
Chrissee
Chrissee, my bad! How could I forget Cindy Sheehan.

I must be getting old and losing my brain cells faster than rain falling off a roof.

Alas Crying or Very sad

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:21 am
Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury on New Orleans: "Americans Are Being Brainwashed"
Mentality is "like that of the brown shirts that followed Hitler"

I have no background knowledge on this guy, so won't put my two cents in yet other than to post the link.

Infowars
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:25 am
And this exchange during yesterdays press briefing with McClellan was interesting to say the least.

Something I brought up last week. What if this had been a terrorist attack?

How Safe Should We Feel?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:26 am
Squinney
squinney wrote:
Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury on New Orleans: "Americans Are Being Brainwashed"
Mentality is "like that of the brown shirts that followed Hitler"

I have no background knowledge on this guy, so won't put my two cents in yet other than to post the link.

Infowars

Squinney, I found the following info re Roberts. He is a Republican conservative. I thought his VDARE mission was fascinating.

http://www.vdare.com/roberts/
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:42 am
We will find out that Nagin and Blanco of NO were criminally neglegent toward the poorest citizens under their care due to power wrangling.

Meanwhile, Nagin sends a large contingent of first responders to Vegas for a week on the city.

<WTF?>
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:49 am
I just don't understand why so few are willing to admit that Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin had an awful lot to do with the problems of Katrina. Or, at least it appears that way in this thread.

Oh yeah, Blanco finally gave over her authority. How many days after the hurricane was that? How many had died? How many houses were burnt down by the wanton lawless? How many women had already been raped?

At least Nagin has finally stopped complaining and is starting "to look to the future."

And what difference right now does it matter where those go that refuse to leave? At least they will be somewhere where they can get some help and be safe. It is unsafe enough in New Orleans due to the hurricane and the continuing flood. How safe are they going to be there once the diseases start? Does that mean that the ones that are staying (how many are there?) should expect the rest of the country to come to their aid and build up the city right now just for them?

Seems to me, this appears to be a few caring more about themselves then they do about the masses.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:51 am
Chrissee wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
Tico is not a trial lawyer, it is very easy to see why.

Hey, my turn to say, "bullshit."

I thought you told me that you do Wills, Trusts and Estaes?

Not the case. You are wrong yet again.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:52 am
Re: Tico
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Tico, why do you continue to attempt to obscure the fact that once the Feds are called in, everything, including local responsibility changes? You seem not to recognize that local control was almost impossible as everything was wiped out by the flood. That's the reason the law establishes a process for locals to call for help.

You play the verbal combat game and argue every point, but at least do it honestly.

BBB

Responsibility was held by Blanco, and wielded irresponsibly. She was afraid to let go ... remember?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Frank Apisa wrote:
BOTTOM LINE: Bush and company are the same people telling us that things are going according to plan in Iraq. You've gotta expect that they think that things went rather well in their response to the disaster.

And the kneejerk types who are seconding the administrations denial and incompetence in the Iraq situation are the same kneejerk types who are seconding the denial and incompetence here.

My observation is the kneejerk types who are critical of the administration in the Iraq situation, are the same kneejerk types who are criticizing the administration here.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Re: Frank
Chrissee wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Gosh, Frank, you noticed. Sharpe eye.

One thing you can be sure of is that Tico's favorite government is glad that the hurricane got Iraq and Karl Rove off the front pages. They are now free to play their hurricane-flood shift the blame game at which they are so experienced.

BBB

And Cindy Sheehan!

Who?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:54 am
Tico! Still The Man as far as I'm concerned!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:57 am
Dammit, this is a good thread. Everyone is all pissed off and bitching at each other...****, I wish I cared enough to look into the situation further and form a real opinion one way or the other.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:58 am
Momma
Momma Angel, Well, you are back on your same old page.

Why don't we just get some giant bulldozers and push the City of New Orleans out into the Gulf to sink from your sight forever.

Then you can sleep better at night when you don't have to worry about:
"How many had died? How many houses were burnt down by the wanton lawless? How many women had already been raped?" And: "All the diseases? Does that mean that the ones that are staying (how many are there?) should expect the rest of the country to come to their aid and build up the city right now just for them?"

Yep, you can sleep better when all those lazy good for nothing burning, looting, raping poor African Americans are out of your sight and out of your mind.

Snore in peace, Momma.

BBB Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:00 am
Ticomaya wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Tico, why do you continue to attempt to obscure the fact that once the Feds are called in, everything, including local responsibility changes? You seem not to recognize that local control was almost impossible as everything was wiped out by the flood. That's the reason the law establishes a process for locals to call for help.

You play the verbal combat game and argue every point, but at least do it honestly.

BBB

Responsibility was held by Blanco, and wielded irresponsibly. She was afraid to let go ... remember?

No, it wasn't. Her not ceding control of her National Guard to a War Criminal was the epitome of repsonsiblity AND did not affect the Feds role one iota. Nice Red Herring though, Tico.

Blanco never ceded control of the guard to this madman, yet the Feds finally are there doing what they should have been doing on Tuesday after the storm. AT THE LATEST. I can guarantee you Witt;s FEMA would have been there.
BTW what has happened to the Arabian Horseman? He was trotted out, made a complete fool of himself. Now he has disappeared!

"You are doing a great job, Brownie!"

ha ha ha ha ha ha
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:02 am
Re: Momma
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Well, you are back on your same old page.

Why don't we just get some giant bulldozers and push the City of New Orleans out into the Gulf to sink from your sight forever.

Then you can sleep better at night when you don't have to worry about:
"How many had died? How many houses were burnt down by the wanton lawless? How many women had already been raped?" And: "All the diseases? Does that mean that the ones that are staying (how many are there?) should expect the rest of the country to come to their aid and build up the city right now just for them?"

Yep, you can sleep better when all those good for nothing poor African Americans are out of your sight and out of your mind.

Snore in peace, Momma.

BBB Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked

Did you intend to direct that diatribe at anyone in particular, or are you just being cranky towards the world in general?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:02 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

My observation is the kneejerk types who are critical of the administration in the Iraq situation, are the same kneejerk types who are criticizing the administration here.

Nah...many of the people criticizing the administration now were people giving him the benefit of the doubt on Iraq.

But nice try.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:03 am
Chrissee wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

No, it wasn't. Her not ceding control of her National Guard to a War Criminal was the epitome of repsonsiblity AND did not affect the Feds role one iota. Nice Red Herring though, Tico.

You wrote that and have the balls to accuse me of typing a "red herring"?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:07 am
I don't have balls TICO, Neither do you apparently.
0 Replies